Author Topic: Davis Cup USA vs. SERBIA  (Read 670 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Davis Cup USA vs. SERBIA
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:45:34 AM »
Nary a peep in this forum re: the outstanding tennis being played this weekend.
B Bros. go the distance and lose last night 13-15 in the 5th.
No 30 shot rallies in that freakin' match!!! :))
Kudos to Bozoljac & Zimonjic for nerves of steel and closing the deal with some HUGE serving.
Sadly, this match seemed to go unnoticed by most T4U members.

Look for Nole to put the final nail in the coffin today.
I guess this could be considered an upset as the B Bros. are usually considered a lock for the dubs thereby creating a chance for the win on reverse singles.  Not the case today unless Sam 'The Gentle Giant' Querry delivers an upset of his own.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:49:52 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FreakyGOAT > CD

• Tennis God
  • Amir Blumensauce
Re: Davis Cup USA vs. SERBIA
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »
I saw the end of the 4th and 5th and it was pretty high quality. I was impressed by Bozoljac since he is insanely inexperienced. However, being an American, I did not like the result.  :(
Oh Sheesh Y'all T'was A Dream

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:48:38 PM »
I saw the end of the 4th and 5th and it was pretty high quality. I was impressed by Bozoljac since he is insanely inexperienced. However, being an American, I did not like the result.  :(

Agreed. I was impressed by how well the guy played, but very disappointed in the result.

I saw the whole thing. Mike wasn't returning as well as usual at all. Come to find out in the third set or so, he apparently has been having some trouble with his wrist. But not to take anything away from the Serbs. They did play amazingly well unfortunately. It was a very nerve-wracking match to watch.

And now Sam's really got himself a chance for the upset. At 1-1 in the first, Djoker rolled his right ankle. He's still playing, though. His movement doesn't necessarily seem hampered except for when he has to stretch for a wide forehand. Instead of his usual jump or slide into it, he conserves his ankle a little more by just reaching, which leads to more errors. Hopefully Sam can take advantage of that.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Well Novak came through -- even on one leg... :innocent:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
Other results:

Argentina beat France 3-2
Czeck Republic beat Kazakhstan 3-1

Canada is up on Italy 2-1 so far

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »
Rafa816 better get your ass over to the castle and tell us about your favorite players.

you need a super sig.

:)) :))

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:28:47 AM »
the doubles match was so crazy. amazing stuff from Zimonic/Bozolac (sorry not sure if I spelled this right)

Nole, I just don't know any more. I hope he is OK. I said this before and I'll say it again, I can't watch him sliding on HC any more. God help me . I can't watch his matches any more   :zipped:

Go Canada, great job.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 06:02:43 AM »
Rafa816 better get your ass over to the castle and tell us about your favorite players.

you need a super sig.

Perfect illustration of my point in the OP. :\
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »
I do like to talk tennis in this area.
When I want to talk tennis I don't want to look through countless posts about whatever at the castle.

When I want to talk tennis I don't care about how someone's cat is doing, or how their day is going.

I go elsewhere to talk about my players, I will not wait for hours and get one reply.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 02:12:16 PM »
Well Novak came through -- even on one leg... :innocent:

Eh, he was moving just fine. Only a little apprehensiveness on the wide forehand. I have no clue what happened to Sam. After the second set, he apparently decided he didn't care anymore. It really pissed me off.

you need a super sig.

I'll get over there eventually :)

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 05:58:08 AM »
There's alot to like about Sam.
Nice game, easy going guy, big FH.
Looks like he's not very hungry though. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »

A few years ago, I thought he'd be a top player by now. Seems he never quite manages the next step. Perhaps he can find inspiration in being the #1 US player?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »
Agreed.
I thought he had good potential to crack the top 10 and threaten the elite players.  He just doesn't appear to be hungry enough in my opinion.

A few years ago, I thought he'd be a top player by now. Seems he never quite manages the next step. Perhaps he can find inspiration in being the #1 US player?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »
you know what guys, I was just debating this on MTF. American players are simply not that good and my feeling is that Americans care less and less about tennis.

My point is what the heck is happening with tennis in the States. How come kids are not interested. You guys had JMac, Sampras, Connors, Courier etc. You have the USO. Little Serbia has 2 players in top 10 (Djokovic as number 1), hey a poor Balkan country.

I probably should've opened a new thread about this.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 05:54:47 AM »
you know what guys, I was just debating this on MTF. American players are simply not that good and my feeling is that Americans care less and less about tennis.

My point is what the heck is happening with tennis in the States. How come kids are not interested. You guys had JMac, Sampras, Connors, Courier etc. You have the USO. Little Serbia has 2 players in top 10 (Djokovic as number 1), hey a poor Balkan country.

:rofl_2:
Why bother?
No one else seems to care about thread derailment. :\
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »

Of course you should have, what da matter with you?   :)