Author Topic: How's Djokovic's Ankle?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
How's Djokovic's Ankle?
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/04/djokovic-concerned-about-ankle-injury/47024/

It doesn't look good.

Lets see if we can get some comments here.  :)>>>>

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: How's Djokovic's Ankle?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
Need to wait for the results of the test.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
probably nothing but a bad sprain.

he is also only 25. these things can heal in a matter of days for somebody that young and that fit.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
I watched the match. The sprain itself looked pretty bad, but he continued playing the match, and after a while, he looked fine. He moved just as well as always. He had a minor case of the yips about jumping/sliding into his forehand, but he'll get over that.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
I watched the match. The sprain itself looked pretty bad, but he continued playing the match, and after a while, he looked fine. He moved just as well as always. He had a minor case of the yips about jumping/sliding into his forehand, but he'll get over that.

That's good news, I've had a few of those ankle sprains and they cleared up very quickly.
Hopefully it's OK.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 02:13:42 PM »
Yeah. The only thing I can see how it would hamper him is if he was a little apprehensive about sliding on the clay. But it's the clay. He'll get over it quick.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
I would not be surprised if he skipped Monte Carlo. He did a couple of years ago, I recall. He lives there but so do many other tennis players and you don't have to look very hard to see when you are there that it is Rafa who is the favorite son of the town elite.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
it doesn't look good. Nole cried in his interview after the match. I hate freaking injuries. I don't even know how he managed to win. Sam had problems with his shoulder btw.  :\. it was a combinations of things I guess.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »
it doesn't look good. Nole cried in his interview after the match. I hate freaking injuries. I don't even know how he managed to win. Sam had problems with his shoulder btw.  :\. it was a combinations of things I guess.

Novak Djokovic Crying Because Of His Injury

that broke my heart man. also, it's impossible to judge a mid-match injury based on the rest of the match's performance. when the blood's flowing the adrenaline's rushing and then you have the situation where it's a country you're playing for and fans and all that, your body can play through a lot of things. it's not until you rest it and see what happens the next day that you know what's actually going on. in fact if it was a really minor thing then he would have had no problems whatsoever in the remainder of the match. If he had problems, that's not a good sign.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 07:24:28 PM »
Pawan, spot on.  great post and thanks for posting the video.

I was hoping to see Nole challenging Rafa on clay but I'm not so sure it's going to happen. It looks like Novak is skipping MC.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:11 AM »
Something like this will certainly have been very painful when adrenaline levels wore off, but I don't think it will be too serious for his clay season prospects. I expect he could skip MC on a purely precautionary basis, though. I wouldn't be too alarmed on his behalf if he did. But we'll know more after test results come out. If they do at all. We're generally not spoiled with that kind of information.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 04:10:01 AM »
Alex i hope Nole will be ok & back playing very soon.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 04:53:04 AM »
thanks Sid. It was so hard for me to see him crying although I'm not sure what he was saying. someone at MTF translated it. I really want all players to be healthy and well. Gosh, I can't believe I woke up so early. It's almost 4am in Calgary. Cant sleep  :\.

Offline alk11

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 08:01:09 AM »
he is attention #@%4@

he is just fine and will be playing MC for sure

faking level of injury was way to steal spotlight  from that no. 368th ATP player who destroyed Bryan bros in doubles

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
I only realised that Djokovic is injured today - what a shame.  The season has been going so well for him, and I expect good things from him on clay.

I hope he'll recover quickly, and be back fit & strong.   
Carpe Diem

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
thanks Sid. It was so hard for me to see him crying although I'm not sure what he was saying. someone at MTF translated it. I really want all players to be healthy and well. Gosh, I can't believe I woke up so early. It's almost 4am in Calgary. Cant sleep  :\ .

I think the crying was not from pain.

Right now he seems to be alright, I don't know if MRI's have been done however word should come out probably today.

I want him to come out and kick some arse!!!  :)>>>>

:rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 01:44:40 PM »
Novak Djokovic may miss Monte Carlo but should be fit for French Open

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/09/novak-djovokic-monte-carlo-french-open

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »

Sneaky! :laugh-bounce:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »
he is attention #@%4@

he is just fine and will be playing MC for sure

faking level of injury was way to steal spotlight  from that no. 368th ATP player who destroyed Bryan bros in doubles
:rofl_2: Alk, I hope you are kidding or I'm gonna smack your head. However, that double match was absolutely stunning. Everyone knows about Zimonic, but where the other guy came from is beyond me. I wish I could watch more doubles.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »

Sneaky! :laugh-bounce:

Who me???? :innocent:
Seriously though... hopefully he will be ok.  I know the French is very important for him so he will probably do whatever it takes to make sure he's ready for that tournament.  And actually, Novak is the only one out there right now, that could derail Rafa on clay. (if he's healthy).