Author Topic: Toni Nadal: Janowicz Can Be Future No. 1  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Toni Nadal: Janowicz Can Be Future No. 1
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:19:12 PM »
I'm glad someone can see the talent.  :cool:

jerzy-janowicz-can-be-future-no-1

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:41:28 PM by swish »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Toni Nadal: Janowicz Can Be Future No. 1
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:11:59 AM »
I can be future No. 1 too. I need to train more tho. give me a break  ..-). Toni should really need to simply shut up. just stupid. Jan won nothing in his career, yet somehow he 'could' be #1.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 01:01:39 AM »
I can be future No. 1 too. I need to train more tho. give me a break  ..-). Toni should really need to simply shut up. just stupid. Jan won nothing in his career, yet somehow he 'could' be #1.

I'm glad someone else can see the talent (even if it is Alex)  :cool: :cool:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:14:50 AM »
He made this statement in Poland, to his Polish hosts. It should be interpreted as nothing more than courtesy.

That said, someone younger than Djokovic (or Del Potro, if you prefer) will eventually become #1 and it's hard to find better candidates atm.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:31:10 AM »
He made this statement in Poland, to his Polish hosts. It should be interpreted as nothing more than courtesy.

That said, someone younger than Djokovic (or Del Potro, if you prefer) will eventually become #1 and it's hard to find better candidates atm.

I've noticed that when players are in IW and interviewed by IW hosts, IW is often their favorite tournament. And when they are in Melbourne, AO is their favorite event. In London, of course, they tell the hosts that it's Wimby, and by the time they get to NYC, it's the USO. I've even heard a few say that Indianapolis was their favorite for the way they were treated. Of course, that was when they were interviewed by the hosts.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:54:16 AM »
Janowitcz is 24 yo. he is mentally weak and. he's never won anything and he will not win anything. sorry to be so blunt. i.e at his age Nole, Rafa and Fed were winning tournaments  left and right.

IMHO, the future #1 will be some new kid. Tomic might have a remote chance btw, but I don't believe in his working habits . No matter how you look at it, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray are still in their prime and nobody can touch them. Good old Fed can spank these kids (Janowitcz, Tomic, Dimitrov) when he is 40yo.

Again, I'm pretty sure that a new #1 will be some new kid and we might see Murray or Rafa overtaking Nole but not so sure about that too.

current 'youngsters' simply have nothing to hurt players like Djokovic, Nadal or Murray. I find it strange that nobody can break through. It's actually boring and depressing  :\. These young guys can't even upset the top 4. 35yo Haas is playing amazing tennis and I'm not saying this because he def. Nole, he just does.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
Janowicz is 22 years old. He has some very good skills, moves well and serves good.

The first time I saw him I knew he had potential but he is very rough, needs work and to control his head.  :rofl_2:

He very quietly is hanging in the top 30 and will only get better.
He can knock out some top players if he has his day.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
 :)) :))

anything is possible with relentless will and talent. you need both.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
Janowicz is 22 years old. He has some very good skills, moves well and serves good.

The first time I saw him I knew he had potential but he is very rough, needs work and to control his head.  :rofl_2:

gosh, I'm an idiot, he is 22yo, ranked #24. just got mixed up with my data  :)).

anyways he might get to top 10 and that's it. I find uncle Toni's interviews to be hilarious lately.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
Janowicked definitely has potential. You would have to be a fool to deny it. Huge serve, athletic, huge forehand, drop shot,....he definitely has the weapons. Maybe even the weapons to be No.1 in a weak era of the future. His main problem is his attitude. You can hardly win matches when you're playing with tears streaming down your face and simultaneously screaming at the top of your lungs.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 09:22:29 PM »

gosh, I'm an idiot, he is 22yo, ranked #24. just got mixed up with my data  :)) .

anyways he might get to top 10 and that's it. I find uncle Toni's interviews to be hilarious lately.

So we have Jerzy and Gulbis trying to shake things up.

DelPo is looking good too, he's very good on clay.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:33 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

Online williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
Now Jerzy Janowicz is in top 20, rank 17 in the world. I am not sure he is going to be world no.1. It really depend how much effort and works he put behind matches.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »
Didn't Toni also make Dimitrov one of the favourites to win the French Open and said his chances were better than Federer's?

Enough said, let's just chalk it up to courtesy comment and move on. Jerzy has potential but Alex's point about him being this age and not having enough results to back up a potential #1 is true. Unless he wins a slam like Del Potro did, he might just end up being like one of the many solid top players who had a few good runs and sustained a high ranking for a good chunk of time - I'm thinking something like Tsonga, Gasquet, Soderling, Monfils and such who had a few breakout runs early on in their careers to be considered future potentials but topped out.

Biggest thing for Jerzy in my opinion is going to be movement. I don't think his power is enough to overcome for that. Even Del Potro struggles with movement against the top guns.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »
Jerzy will crack the top 10 for sure, but the most imp. question is his consistency. The coming 6-8 months will probably answer the question..

P.S : Does anyone really believe the Sh!t toni nadal says ?? :rofl_2:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
The tallest world #1 ever is Marat Safin at 193 cm. 2nd tallest Boris Becker, 190 cm. Both were #1 only briefly mid-year. The tallest to be #1 at year end was Lindsay Davenport (!) 189 cm, ahead of Djokovic, 188 cm...

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
The tallest world #1 ever is Marat Safin at 193 cm. 2nd tallest Boris Becker, 190 cm. Both were #1 only briefly mid-year. The tallest to be #1 at year end was Lindsay Davenport (!) 189 cm, ahead of Djokovic, 188 cm...
Lit, you are killing me with your stats/data stuff  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:. It's hilarious that you come up with Djokovic and Davenport in the same sentence ... who would know that Miz. Dav is 1 cm taller than the Serb? well, Lit I guess  :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »

Good stuff.  :good:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »
Lit, you are killing me with your stats/data stuff  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:. It's hilarious that you come up with Djokovic and Davenport in the same sentence ... who would know that Miz. Dav is 1 cm taller than the Serb? well, Lit I guess  :rofl_2:

I pay attention to some small details...I apologize if it's too many. But that's how I am.

If is interesting (to me) that several of the tallest women ever to play tennis (Davenport, Sharapova, V Williams) have ascended to #1, but none of the tallest men have ever managed even top-3. Del Potro (198 cm) and his #4 is the highest ranking for someone taller than Safin. Krajicek (196 cm) also reached #4. Janowicz "only" has to reach #3 to break new ground for the very tall.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
Jerzy will crack the top 10 for sure, but the most imp. question is his consistency. The coming 6-8 months will probably answer the question..

P.S : Does anyone really believe the Sh!t toni nadal says ?? :rofl_2:

This guy hauls around a suitcase full of cr#p.   :rofl_2:

I like it though, entertaining.