Tennis Contests & Games > Games

Predict-a-Match Monte-Carlo (Freaky wins easily! Congratulations!)

(1/11) > >>

Orange Wombat:
 :)http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=17454.0 <----Rules are here

:)http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/410/mds.pdf <-----Draw is here

Good luck and have fun!

Orange Wombat:
Day 1

F Mayer def Balleret in 2 sets, 1h20m

Gulbis def Isner in 3 sets, 3 breaks of serve

FreakyGOAT > CD:
Round 1
Mayer def. Balleret in 2 sets in 1 hour 7 minutes
Davydenko def. Qualifier in 2 sets in 1 hour 10 minutes

FreakyGOAT > CD:
Just wondering, what's the logic behind the rule change for clay season?

- Predict the score of the final set of the match (+5 if correct)
- Predict the number of tiebreakers in the match(+2 if correct)
- Predict the time of the match to the minute. (+4 if your prediction is within 10 minutes of the actual match time)
- Predict the amount of service breaks in the match. (+6 if correct)

1. I agree with that one
2. I agree with that one
3. Disagree. It should be higher than usual because clay matches tend to go longer so it's harder to predict
4. Disagree. The service breaks are rarer on clay so it'd be harder to predict, no?

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: Freak3yman84 on April 13, 2013, 10:09:43 AM ---Just wondering, what's the logic behind the rule change for clay season?

- Predict the score of the final set of the match (+5 if correct)
- Predict the number of tiebreakers in the match(+2 if correct)
- Predict the time of the match to the minute. (+4 if your prediction is within 10 minutes of the actual match time)
- Predict the amount of service breaks in the match. (+6 if correct)

1. I agree with that one
2. I agree with that one
3. Disagree. It should be higher than usual because clay matches tend to go longer so it's harder to predict
4. Disagree. The service breaks are rarer on clay so it'd be harder to predict, no?

--- End quote ---

3. True that, I re-considered and put it back to the original number of 5. I thought too many people were predicting the time of the match. I won't make it higher because you can always choose which matches to pick, and most people are going to choose "Nadal def Bowl in 1 hour", not "Roger-Vasselin def Montanes in x hours"
4. I'm not sure what you meant by service breaks are rarer on clay  :confused1: In my experience clay matches always tend to have plenty of service breaks.  Because serve is less effective :confused1:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version