Chat Threads > Rankings Forum

Full Open Era Rankings (RESEARCH PHASE)

<< < (41/52) > >>

Slasher1985:

--- Quote from: JonG on September 01, 2013, 10:15:42 AM ---http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Ma/G/Gene-Marsten.aspx

http://hemeroteca.mundodeportivo.com/preview/1973/10/17/pagina-19/987931/pdf.html

--- End quote ---

Perfect. I was hinting at yet another player with a similar name.

Slasher1985:
Hmmm, some new logic needs to be added to the automation, so that this case of shared title is covered. We basically discovered a new rule here and it needs to be inserted well, checked, tested and then the 3 passes of 1973 need to be completely redone. It will take me about 1 hour and a half for each pass, but I can't do it right now.

Slasher1985:
Thanks for the huge help, Jon. :))

JonG:
Slasher,

Just had a quick look at the calendars on your skydrive.

Why do you include in 1968 Cincinatti and Kitzbuhel - amateur events with weak fields?

I would also leave out Dublin as no contract pros played although I believe that  they could have done if they wanted to.

Just ten 1968 events had both contract pros and independents.

I'll look closer at the other years when I can, but you seem to include a lot of small field contract pro only events in 1970.

There wasn't a WCT tour as such in 1970. There were 18 WCT pros and 6 NTL pros when WCT took over NTL contracts in September 1970. I would look at "contract pro only" events for 1970 in the same way as those in 1968 and 1969 and look to include just open events in 1970.

For 1971 on, the Grand Prix and the WCT tour become the starting point.

Slasher1985:

--- Quote from: JonG on September 01, 2013, 04:41:28 PM ---Slasher,

Just had a quick look at the calendars on your skydrive.

Why do you include in 1968 Cincinatti and Kitzbuhel - amateur events with weak fields?

I would also leave out Dublin as no contract pros played although I believe that  they could have done if they wanted to.

Just ten 1968 events had both contract pros and independents.

I'll look closer at the other years when I can, but you seem to include a lot of small field contract pro only events in 1970.

There wasn't a WCT tour as such in 1970. There were 18 WCT pros and 6 NTL pros when WCT took over NTL contracts in September 1970. I would look at "contract pro only" events for 1970 in the same way as those in 1968 and 1969 and look to include just open events in 1970.

For 1971 on, the Grand Prix and the WCT tour become the starting point.

--- End quote ---

Well, if you can tell me what tournaments to include or not, please do, and it shall be done. I have no idea whatsoever which tournaments to include, I've included what I found on the ATP site. This is more than one man can handle and I certainly need help for the logistics part, that is why I put the calendars in public's eye, so I can receive feedback. As long as I have all the information, I can do this perfectly. You're an expert on this matter, and, alongside Markus, you guys are the right people who can help make this 100% accurate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version