Tennis Discussions > Pro Player Forum

Ernests Gulbis Thread

<< < (4/4)

monstertruck:
Gulbis through to the round of 16 in a walkover of Jo Willy. :depressed:
I hope that some day Jo goes deep here.
On to the next round!

Nekro t4u:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on May 28, 2016, 06:46:32 PM ---Gulbis through to the round of 16 in a walkover of Jo Willy. :depressed:
On to the next round!

--- End quote ---
the sad thing is that Tsonga used to be able to beat Djoko on a "regular" basis or at least often, now he has no fight in him

About Gulbis: when he got "big" or at least more known Djoko said that when they were youngsters Gulbis always won against him, and i thought oh cool looks like djoko is scared of him but Gulbis is mug too....

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: Nekro t4u on May 30, 2016, 07:39:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: monstertruck on May 28, 2016, 06:46:32 PM ---Gulbis through to the round of 16 in a walkover of Jo Willy. :depressed:
On to the next round!

--- End quote ---
the sad thing is that Tsonga used to be able to beat Djoko on a "regular" basis or at least often, now he has no fight in him

About Gulbis: when he got "big" or at least more known Djoko said that when they were youngsters Gulbis always won against him, and i thought oh cool looks like djoko is scared of him but Gulbis is mug too....

--- End quote ---
One quick quip from the Frenchman during a recent interview went something like this-
"If you were a basketball player, what position would you like to play?"
JWT "Defense"
Now Jo knows basketball and knows the position.
For him to respond with the vague generality of 'defense' speaks volumes about his mentality and attitude on court.
I don't see him as a tenacious defender.
I think he is a gifted shot-maker who doesn't know how to implement the tools at his disposal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version