Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

who is the heavy favorite for RG this year

<< < (30/30)

Clay Death:
 :)) :)) :))

Orange Wombat:

--- Quote from: August on May 18, 2013, 12:00:18 PM ---Rafa must be the biggest favourite before Nole and Roger. But he's vulnerable, Gulbis would've won him with some testicular fortitude. And if Nole gets to his peak level, he'll beat Rafa unless somebody has already beaten Rafa.

And it's hard to name anybody outside these. Wawrinka plays well, I think only the big names are unbeatable for him. Avoiding them in his quarter, he can make the SF. But to make the final, I think he needs somebody else to take out the big names. Ferrer of course is dangerous on clay, yet I see him a bit vulnerable. And Tsonga, Berdych, or maybe even DelPo or Murray, could make the SF with a good quarter. But I can see the final only with two players of Fedalovic.

--- End quote ---

But not in best of 5. The match would have gone 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-1 or something like that. Rafa becomes harder to beat as the match goes on. In best of 3, dangerous ballbashers can redline their shots for the whole match. But not in best of 5.

Clay Death:
top players are vulnerable in best of 3 sets foremats:

everybody is gunning for them. and as captain ow has suggested, they can redline their game for a little bit and see what develops.

lesser players have nothing to lose so they swing for the fences against the top guns in best of 3 sets foremats.

these lesser players have no place to hide in best of 5 sets foremats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version