Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

who is the heavy favorite for RG this year

<< < (2/30) > >>

Clay Death:
tennis is more demanding than ever now general swish.

its clear nadal has become lazy and complacent. this has been slowly happening since the end of 2010.

fitness was his biggest weapon really. that is what allowed him to fight with great intensity for every single point.

now he cant even get to some of the shots, much less do anything with them.

I just ready somewhere that he was actually complaining about the lack of intensity for some of his points today.

translation: I am a fat buffoon now and I get tired. I also cant move.

Swish:

--- Quote from: Clay Death on April 21, 2013, 09:14:49 PM ---tennis is more demanding than ever now general swish.

its clear nadal has become lazy and complacent. this has been slowly happening since the end of 2010.

fitness was his biggest weapon really. that is what allowed him to fight with great intensity for every single point.

now he cant even get to some of the shots, much less do anything with them.

I just ready somewhere that he was actually complaining about the lack of intensity for some of his points today.

translation: I am a fat buffoon now and I get tired. I also cant move.

--- End quote ---

Nadal will be fine but needs time, I think he has 2-3 good years left.

He also is playing too much for now.

He should have skipped IW and worked on fitness 24/7.
He knows that's one of his most important assets and coming back with a heavy schedule isn't letting his body adapt.

Basically pushing his body like this so early is what gets him in physical trouble.

Clay Death:
indian wells was a tragic mistake that may even cost him at RG this year.

he could have used those 12 days to stay on clay. his legendary ground game is nearly gone.

and he still refuses to see the light.

that is all he has and all he can do: all he can do is hit backhands and forehands.

there are no easy points on the serve for him and no easy points on the return. so the ground game has to be bullet proof the way it used to be.

and he also has zero confidence at the net. he is 1/2 scared to death of the damn net.

it is sad to see but you knew this was going to happen: you fail to improve on a single front in 4 years and then you drop your fitness. so of course this is what you get.

I just read that he lost 11 of last 12 points after leading 6-5 in the 2nd set. how pathetic is that.

Swish:

--- Quote from: Clay Death on April 21, 2013, 09:32:50 PM ---indian wells was a tragic mistake that may even cost him at RG this year.

he could have used those 12 days to stay on clay. his legendary ground game is nearly gone.

that is all he has and all he can do: all he can do is hit backhands and forehands.

there are no easy points on the serve for him and no easy points on the return. so the ground game has to be bullet proof the way it used to be.

and he also has zero confidence at the net. he is 1/2 scared to death of the damn net.

it is sad to see but you knew this was going to happen: you fail to improve on a single front in 4 years and then you drop your fitness. so of course this is what you get.

I just read that he lost 11 of last 12 points after leading 6-5 in the 2nd set. how pathetic is that.

--- End quote ---

Djokovic was zoned at that time, Nadal knew it and broke down mentally.

Gulbis said something so true recently:
If you practice very hard then your mental game will follow.

What this means for Nadal is that his mental game is weakening because he can't trust his physical part to be there when he needs it.

Clay Death:

--- Quote from: swish on April 21, 2013, 09:44:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Clay Death on April 21, 2013, 09:32:50 PM ---indian wells was a tragic mistake that may even cost him at RG this year.

--- End quote ---

Djokovic was zoned at that time, Nadal knew it and broke down mentally.

Gulbis said something so true recently:
If you practice very hard then your mental game will follow.

What this means for Nadal is that his mental game is weakening because he can't trust his physical part to be there when he needs it.

--- End quote ---

that is 100% spot on.

the most tragic part of all this that both borg and nadal brought about and expedited their own demise while well in their primes:

borg simply walked away from the game while nadal said NO to any and all improvements in his game and his fitness after 2010.

borg walked away at age 25 while nadal said no to any and all improvements in his game and his fitness at age 24.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version