Author Topic: who is the heavy favorite for RG this year  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: who is the heavy favorite for RG this year
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
Nole is still my favourite, if only his ankle is OK. Only the lack of fitness and mental capacity prevented guys like Dimitrov and Ferrer from winning Rafa but Nole has both the fitness and the mental capacity to beat Rafa. This is his tournament to lose.

He can be so mentally tough. He has showed that many times in the last two years.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
Rafa must be the biggest favourite before Nole and Roger. But he's vulnerable, Gulbis would've won him with some testicular fortitude. And if Nole gets to his peak level, he'll beat Rafa unless somebody has already beaten Rafa.

And it's hard to name anybody outside these. Wawrinka plays well, I think only the big names are unbeatable for him. Avoiding them in his quarter, he can make the SF. But to make the final, I think he needs somebody else to take out the big names. Ferrer of course is dangerous on clay, yet I see him a bit vulnerable. And Tsonga, Berdych, or maybe even DelPo or Murray, could make the SF with a good quarter. But I can see the final only with two players of Fedalovic.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2013, 01:34:26 PM »
Rafa must be the biggest favourite before Nole and Roger. But he's vulnerable, Gulbis would've won him with some testicular fortitude. And if Nole gets to his peak level, he'll beat Rafa unless somebody has already beaten Rafa.

And it's hard to name anybody outside these. Wawrinka plays well, I think only the big names are unbeatable for him. Avoiding them in his quarter, he can make the SF. But to make the final, I think he needs somebody else to take out the big names. Ferrer of course is dangerous on clay, yet I see him a bit vulnerable. And Tsonga, Berdych, or maybe even DelPo or Murray, could make the SF with a good quarter. But I can see the final only with two players of Fedalovic.

rafa is a different animal in the best of 5 format.......gulbis would struggle to win games at roland garros........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »

But not in best of 5. The match would have gone 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-1 or something like that. Rafa becomes harder to beat as the match goes on. In best of 3, dangerous ballbashers can redline their shots for the whole match. But not in best of 5.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »
top players are vulnerable in best of 3 sets foremats:

everybody is gunning for them. and as captain ow has suggested, they can redline their game for a little bit and see what develops.

lesser players have nothing to lose so they swing for the fences against the top guns in best of 3 sets foremats.

these lesser players have no place to hide in best of 5 sets foremats.