Author Topic: Rafael Nadal criticises ruling to destroy doping evidence  (Read 818 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: Rafael Nadal criticises ruling to destroy doping evidence
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
Spain knows some of their top athletes use PED's.
By destroying evidence they also know that suspicions are increased because of this.

The only way Spain could benefit from testing the blood is if they knew the athletes were clean.
Since they are not clean then the next best thing to do is destroy evidence, it's better than having proof of using PED's.

Nadal saying they should not destroy the evidence means nothing and may be a ploy to make him look good and clean.

The true story may come out later with names, it's very hard to hide all the facts with so many involved. Though the blood will be gone it was probably tested and results kept some where.

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
I was just thinking that as Madrid is bidding for 2020 Olympics, IOC should be active here with this doping scandal. They should say they'll reject Madrid's bid already before voting unless Spain publishes the dopers names.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »
I was just thinking that as Madrid is bidding for 2020 Olympics, IOC should be active here with this doping scandal. They should say they'll reject Madrid's bid already before voting unless Spain publishes the dopers names.

I like this idea a great deal.  :cool:

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »
The "trial"  was a disgrace, and anyone expecting it to reveal the truth and expose the culprits was naive, to say the least.  I'm interested to know if Nadal said the truth should be revealed BEFORE it became clear that the blood samples would be destroyed, as it was always uncertain whether the names / identities would be revealed?  What is the point of stating the obvious - that the test results should be revealed- after the court decided not to reveal them?

And whilst no one here is likely to know the truth, I agree with those who say that this outcome is damaging for the reputation of the sports world in Spain, and I for one will continue to doubt the integrity of the drugs monitors / regulators / enforcers there.  The Spanish justice system is no less questionable, given how this trial was conducted. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:14:15 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem