Author Topic: Nadal playing in Basel  (Read 959 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Nadal playing in Basel
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »
It was just posted on MTF. I think his scheduling is bizarre. why would he play there, indoor HC, his weakest surface. He is not getting any endorsement money as far as I know .... Fed doesn't either this year (getting endorsement money). I know that top guys have to play 4 500 events a year, but why Basel? could anybody enlighten me?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/29/3370614/nadal-to-play-at-federers-hometown.html

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Re: Nadal playing in Basel
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:54:05 PM »
Because he's Nadal. He doesn't back down from a challenge. He's not going to run and hide from hard court tourneys. He's gonna face em like a champ.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Nadal playing in Basel
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:16:21 PM »
Novak played it before. So it's good that Nadal is playing. He has no points to defend the 2nd  half so all these tournaments are gravy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:08:45 AM »
nadal the blundering buffoon of the highest bloody order.

another 7 month layoff is in the cards. then he can go cry some more about his knees.

only people stopped listening to his bullcrap 3 years ago.

now nobody gives a damn.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »
Good for Nadal, now pass the beans.  :)~

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »
OMG Swish, the best avi ever  :rofl_2:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 04:07:48 PM »
He just wants to follow Roger and tilt the H2H even more in his favor so next time he says "Roger is the best ever, no?", he can immediately turn to the camera and go "PSYCHE! GOTCHA!!"

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »

I got tired of dragging all that crap around, besides more and more posters complained about all the excessive photos. So I did them a favor.  :cool: 

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:20:12 PM by swish »

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:38 AM »
He just wants to follow Roger and tilt the H2H even more in his favor so next time he says "Roger is the best ever, no?", he can immediately turn to the camera and go "PSYCHE! GOTCHA!!"

It won't work out like that. There's a reason Fed and Nadal never met in any regular tournament post-Wimbledon, and the reason is not that they were never entered into the same tournaments.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »
Novak played it before. So it's good that Nadal is playing. He has no points to defend the 2nd  half so all these tournaments are gravy for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes he did, and I'm sure he got some big $$$$ for that. remember, top guys have to to play at least 4 500 events a year. However, Djokovic is the best HC player atm, Nadal is lost on indoor HC .... it doesn't make any sense..

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
its greed general alex. it does make sense.

he is an idiot worth nearly $300 million. that is the part I don't get.

why wreck the knees and take a chance on ending the career when you are already worth so much.

why not stay on clay as much as possible and win a couple of more slams on natural surfaces.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
its greed general alex. it does make sense.

he is an idiot worth nearly $300 million. that is the part I don't get.

why wreck the knees and take a chance on ending the career when you are already worth so much.

why not stay on clay as much as possible and win a couple of more slams on natural surfaces.
Herc, you know how much I respect Rafa, you also know that I will criticize Nole every time he does something stupid too. He could've picked any other 500 tournament in the world beside Basel and still get big $$$. it's not just about the money, it's his awkward scheduling too. I just don't get it.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 05:32:46 PM »
Like I said. It's because he's not going to just turn and run from every hard court tourney. He knows he has to play hard courts. Two of the slams are hard courts. He can't just baby his knees all year and play only clay, then expect to do well in the USO or AO.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 03:58:31 AM »

I got tired of dragging all that crap around, besides more and more posters complained about all the excessive photos. So I did them a favor.  :cool:

OMG I love this avi :D

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »
Naturally Nadal enters Basel at a time when Federer is not even guaranteed to win the event anymore due to age. He never would have played it in 2006-2010 as he would have had his famous ASS handed to him.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »
Sure. Yet Nadal beat Fed in Fed's favorite tourney (Wimbledon) while Fed has yet to conquer Rafa at Rafa's favorite tourney (RG). Also, you say that, yet Nadal beat Federer at Dubai (a fast hard court tourney somewhat similar to Basel) in 2006...

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 09:43:24 PM »
nadal is an idiot who is dying to end his career.

he entered for one reason and one reason alone: they threw around $1.5 million in appearance fee at him.

its all under the table payments of course.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 01:12:58 AM »
Conspiracy theorist? Nadal has always done this. He doesn't run from a challenge. He faces it. He knows the pain in his knees better than anyone. We can sit here and speculate all we want about what he's doing and why, but when it comes down to it, he's a world class athlete with world class trainers and world class schedulers. Chances are, the choices he makes are the right ones. So if he feels he can compete in Basel without hurting his knees, who are we to say he's wrong? People criticized him for playing in Indian Wells, yet he won that tourney and looks no worse for the wear.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »
Conspiracy theorist? Nadal has always done this. He doesn't run from a challenge. He faces it. He knows the pain in his knees better than anyone. We can sit here and speculate all we want about what he's doing and why, but when it comes down to it, he's a world class athlete with world class trainers and world class schedulers. Chances are, the choices he makes are the right ones. So if he feels he can compete in Basel without hurting his knees, who are we to say he's wrong? People criticized him for playing in Indian Wells, yet he won that tourney and looks no worse for the wear.

What challenge? Fed lost to Del Potro last year. He's clearly past his best even at Basel. Now Nadal enters that event when he actually has a 50/50 chance to win it.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 03:37:02 AM »
sorry bud, but too much melodrama in your post ... it sounds like 'everything Rafa does is perfect', silly ... ask general Herc for an advice  :rofl_2:. he is older and wiser than you, sorry  :gleam: ... world class this, world class that ... like please, give me a break  :whistle:. I'm a world class at something, just can't remember what  :ice cream: