Author Topic: Rafael Nadal criticises ruling to destroy doping evidence  (Read 813 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Rafael Nadal criticises ruling to destroy doping evidence
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:15 AM »
I read all of this yesterday (I have been in a cave for about 2 weeks so I am catching up) and it seems pretty crazy.  Murray was pretty critical as well!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »
I can't see any athlete supporting that decision unless they were one of the ones who the evidence might incriminate.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:01:51 AM »
I can't see any athlete supporting that decision unless they were one of the ones who the evidence might incriminate.

Even an athlete who would be incriminated by the evidence would surely consider calling publicly for them to be released, to get PR points. There is no risk involved. They're not going to change their minds over a few athlete protests.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:55:15 AM »
Probably most of Spain's athletes are on something.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:31:33 AM »

Even an athlete who would be incriminated by the evidence would surely consider calling publicly for them to be released, to get PR points. There is no risk involved. They're not going to change their minds over a few athlete protests.

this is what nadal haters are reduced to these days - just hoping that nadal's name somehow shows up on the list.......can't wait to see the hypocrisy exposed.......

i was also told that you campaigned hard for me to win a nonsensical contest which is now defunct at mtf as a result of MY own recommendation to the mods to remove it.......ultimately i won, not the contest but in getting rid of the contest........btw did i ever even speak to you at mtf?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:32:08 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
Probably most of Spain's athletes are on something.

probably but other countries are no saints either........and i don't think doping is possible at the highest level in tennis.......there's a reason why top tennis players undergo a lot of random scrutiny........i mean when you look at how much the revenue of the sport relies on the big 4, they certainly can't afford a black mark on one of them........that would effectively mark the end of the sport for at least 5 years........

doping exists at lower level, that's for sure........helpless french are simply butthurt that their players are useless even when doped and sent on to the field, like in football.......french will never excel the spaniards in any physical sport.......

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:44:47 AM by Start da Game »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »

this is what nadal haters are reduced to these days - just hoping that nadal's name somehow shows up on the list.......can't wait to see the hypocrisy exposed.......

i was also told that you campaigned hard for me to win a nonsensical contest which is now defunct at mtf as a result of MY own recommendation to the mods to remove it.......ultimately i won, not the contest but in getting rid of the contest........btw did i ever even speak to you at mtf?

calm the hell down shanks. no confrontations.

we don't give a damn what happened at mtf in the distance past.

this is a new life and a new beginning.
the big idea now is to make peace, not war. make friends and not enemies.

the way of the warrior is to forget and forgive. we can never go back to mtf anyway. also it was the admin and imbeciles like AJ who were campaigning against us because of their endless blind hate for nadal and for nadal fans.

get your damn ass over to the castle if you feel like fighting with somebody.

leave the confrontations and insulting to somebody like monster here who wants a forum of 5 people here.

rest of us are trying to grow this fabulous tennis community.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:11:54 AM by Clay Death »

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 12:26:22 PM »

Nadal haters? I am no hater. It was an impassionate comment, directed at noone in particular. I expect you are to young to remember, but the american sprinter Carl Lewis was always very vocal in his attacks on doping in the sport and condemned his comtemporary Ben Johnson hard after the latter was caught doping. Of course, it turned out later that Lewis had been doping himself. Publicly supporting longer bans or any other activity seemingly directed against doping by any athlete means nothing, this I realized many, many years ago. It's not a bit less likely they're doping themselves. Of course, it's not more likely either. 

And no, you did not speak to me at mtf. I spent a long time lurking before I started posting. Most of the time I was checing out smucav's excellent tournament information pages, but I looked at other things too. Anyone telling you I "campaigned hard" is pushing the truth, though. Sure, I voted for you, like a lot of people did. The competition was about the only thing happening in the off-season so I thought it would be OK to take part. Didn't realize until afterwards how much ill will it caused. I would anyway have abstained this year if the competition had not been discontinued.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
This is nothing to do with Nadal per se. It is very embarrassing for Spain tho. We are talking about thousands of athletes  and 'evidence' being destroyed. it is  very fishy and no matter how you look at it, many people all around the world look at Spanish athletes as dopers and cheaters in general.  just to make it clear that is not my opinion but it's THE impression. it's all over the net.

The excuse was 'Spanish Privacy policy', uh, oh  ..-).

And Shank, I'm begging you, please stop being so defensive/protective when it comes to Nadal. Herc was right in his previous post. Stop being paranoid that the whole world is 'against' Rafa. We are all friends here.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
hercules, don't forget that we are still running the "wall of shame", so obviously we haven't forgotten our old enemies and to be honest it's not easy to brush aside the past as quickly as we would like to like you suggest.......i even made a double account(lemon water) there just to say hello to a few friends and correct a few idiots like usual........so that's that........

as for litotes, i have seen his posts after what i was told.......he did campaign and was asking people to vote for me and some other (nadal) fans as well if i remember correctly.......tigertim was one more as well who lost his balance........

so i wouldn't always buy what he sells here........

here he says, "Even an athlete who would be incriminated by the evidence would surely consider calling publicly for them to be released, to get PR points."

how can he be so sure?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »
This is nothing to do with Nadal per se. It is very embarrassing for Spain tho. We are talking about thousands of athletes  and 'evidence' being destroyed. it is  very fishy and no matter how you look at it, many people all around the world look at Spanish athletes as dopers and cheaters in general.  just to make it clear that is not my opinion but it's THE impression. it's all over the net.

And Shank, I'm begging you, please stop being so defensive/protective when it comes to Nadal. Herc was right in his previous post. Stop being paranoid that the whole world is 'against' Rafa. We are all friends here.

when the whole tennis world is free to point fingers at rafa, i am free to oppose as well.......

and why do you never say a word to fedtard idiots like "honestly", "slice ace" at mtf but jump onto anything topspin doc or gsmnadal posts? 

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »
calm down guys. lets have fun here. :)) :))

and make a few friends in the process.

that is invariably better.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 02:32:18 PM »

when the whole tennis world is free to point fingers at rafa, i am free to oppose as well.......

and why do you never say a word to fedtard idiots like "honestly", "slice ace" at mtf but jump onto anything topspin doc or gsmnadal posts?

bud I DO. Slice Ace is the biggest idiot ever btw. If you do still read stuff on MTF, you'll find out my posts where I 'challenged' him, but he is 'mentally challenged already'. same with topspin and honestly ... they'll all get banned eventually ... just a matter of time. although, honestly seems to be getting better lately .

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
why are you people reading mtf anyway?

who gives a damn about some lunatic`s post or an opinion anyway.

its a bloody toxic dump run by the lunatics for the lunatics.

surely you people need to work on getting a life than worrying about what some hapless cockroach is saying and posting at mens toxic dump restrooms.

how about you just worry about enjoying this place.

and if you must talk about mtf then better remove yourself from this discussion section asap and go to our chat section instead.

that is what the chats are for.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »
hercules, don't forget that we are still running the "wall of shame", so obviously we haven't forgotten our old enemies and to be honest it's not easy to brush aside the past as quickly as we would like to like you suggest.......i even made a double account(lemon water) there just to say hello to a few friends and correct a few idiots like usual........so that's that........

as for litotes, i have seen his posts after what i was told.......he did campaign and was asking people to vote for me and some other (nadal) fans as well if i remember correctly.......tigertim was one more as well who lost his balance........

so i wouldn't always buy what he sells here........

here he says, "Even an athlete who would be incriminated by the evidence would surely consider calling publicly for them to be released, to get PR points."

how can he be so sure?

I will not claim to have the best memory in here, so I made an MTF search for my own posts which cointains the word "start", just to know what to mean when you talk about campaigning. I think you'd do well to stay out of politics. If I asked someone to vote for you I did so without mentioning your name.

As for your bolding of my sentence, you missed the word "consider". You might be a man of action, for whom consideration inevitably leads to doing. Not so everyone else. My statement merely states that we cannot read anything into a player's words. There was suggested anyone who felt he had something to hide would be the only one to support the non-disclosure ruling. I argue that even someone with something to hide will have no incentive to support the verdict as it would merely make him look bad and gain him nothing, and he will be every bit as likely as the others to come out and argue against it. As likely, not more. In others words, I have accused noone of nothing, but I haven't exonerated anyone either. And if anyone else choose to say something about the matter of destroyed evidence I'm not going to read anything into what they say either. It's not as if someone would be dishonourable enough to cheat, but not to lie....

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »

True. If you dope you must act like non-dopers to avoid suspicions. And I'm not saying here Rafa is a doper. Didn't Roger and Murray ask for stricter testing. Maybe they said that to avoid suspicions yet knowing ATP will protect them. And once again, I not accusing anybody, stating just one possible scenario.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
why are you people reading mtf anyway?

who gives a damn about some lunatic`s post or an opinion anyway.

its a bloody toxic dump run by the lunatics for the lunatics.

surely you people need to work on getting a life than worrying about what some hapless cockroach is saying and posting at mens toxic dump restrooms.

how about you just worry about enjoying this place.

and if you must talk about mtf then better remove yourself from this discussion section asap and go to our chat section instead.

that is what the chats are for.

Best line I've seen so far! :thumbs-up:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 05:59:50 AM »

True. If you dope you must act like non-dopers to avoid suspicions. And I'm not saying here Rafa is a doper. Didn't Roger and Murray ask for stricter testing. Maybe they said that to avoid suspicions yet knowing ATP will protect them. And once again, I not accusing anybody, stating just one possible scenario.

Maybe they said it to avoid suspicion. Maybe they said it simply because someone asked them and they had to say something to not be accused of avoiding the question. Or maybe because they are clean and actually want stricter testing. Who knows? As I mentioned, I don't really read anything into these statements - unless they should actually be admissions of guilt. And we haven't seen many of those.

A question both cheaters and non-cheaters alike will answer more or less identically is really not worth asking. Unless you're a poker pro looking for "tells" when they reply.