Author Topic: 2013 Roland Garros is beyond reach for Djokovic and Co.  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
novak fans, drop the thought of witnessing another career grandslam this year, right now.......you ain't gonna get it! just be prepared for the inevitable so that you can avoid disappointment later.......

vamos! 

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Online Alex

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 Roland Garros is beyond reach for Djokovic and Co.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
Shank, first of all, good to see you back  :). second, stop being such a Rafa tard  :)~. nobody on this board said anything about Nole winning RG. However, you know deep in your heart that Djokovic is more than capable of winning RG  :gleam:. Be afraid, be very afraid  :ice cream:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
Shank, first of all, good to see you back  :). second, stop being such a Rafa tard  :)~. nobody on this board said anything about Nole winning RG. However, you know deep in your heart that Djokovic is more than capable of winning RG  :gleam:. Be afraid, be very afraid  :ice cream:

thanks alex.......you are cool as always........ :gleam: i just wanted to take a little break from all men's tennis forums........

we will see about roland garros.......i just don't see novak winning it.......the task is too big.......nadal might have to injure himself but possibility of that happening is quite less as he is already returning after a long gap........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »

thanks alex.......you are cool as always........ :gleam: i just wanted to take a little break from all men's tennis forums........

we will see about roland garros.......i just don't see novak winning it.......the task is too big.......nadal might have to injure himself but possibility of that happening is quite less as he is already returning after a long gap........

If for some strange reason Nadal were not to win - we don't have to specify why - who would you consider the three biggest favourites in descending order?

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »

bud, Nadal seems to be fine and he'll get stronger. However, RG is wide open. it is not given that Rafa will win again. I know, as his fan, you want him to. Djokovic seems to be very serious about the clay season this year. He said that RG was his priority this year. My point here is, do not underestimate Nole's chances to win RG. You might get really disappointed. Novak (unlike every other player playing against Rafa on clay) is not afraid, he has balls of steel and he can win RG def. Nadal there. Everyone knows it.

Will he or not, I don't know, time will tell. IMHO, the only 2 serious contenders for RG are Rafa and Nole. I just can't see anyone else spoiling the party. the interesting thing will be the draw.

Now, let's calm down and breath  :)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
 :)) :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »
novak fans, drop the thought of witnessing another career grandslam this year, right now.......you ain't gonna get it! just be prepared for the inevitable so that you can avoid disappointment later.......

vamos! 

Vamos General Shanks!!!

It's good to hear your doing fine, I thought you may have got derailed by a woman.
I don't need to tell you what kind of trouble that can be.  :smartie:

Things are heating up now and tension is high.

I heard on the bus today that Djokovic is looking for Nadal so he better watch his back.  :)>>>>

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
welcome back general shanks.

:)) :)) :))

the official word on the street: clay death the destroyer is not happy with the clay warrior.

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 03:23:16 AM »
I really see no reason why Nole can't beat Rafa at RG. I can almost see more reasons for why Rafa can't beat Nole.

Peak Nole owns Rafa on every surface just like peak Rafa owns Roger on every surface and peak Roger owns Nole on every surface.

Yeah, playing at RG is a mental advantage for Rafa. But before this year you could say Rafa owns Monte Carlo. And what happened? Nole beat Rafa at MC final. The same can happen at RG too. Nole isn't afraid of Rafa.

Of course, RG is Bo5, M1000s are Bo3. But I don't see that as an advantage for Rafa, Nole has the fitness Bo5 requires, I'd be more worried about Rafa's fitness after his seven-month break. If Nole does better than Rafa in Rome, then he's the obvious favourite.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:24:10 AM by August »

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline HarryWild

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 04:28:37 AM »
Rafa is going to be seeded 5th; and so if he goes through to the quarters and Djokovic goes through also - they will met there! That means Murray and Federer have good chance of winning the French since the winner of Rafa or Nole will be very, very tired.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 05:34:14 AM »

If for some strange reason Nadal were not to win - we don't have to specify why - who would you consider the three biggest favourites in descending order?

djokovic > federer = del potro

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 05:35:25 AM »

vamos! 

Vamos General Shanks!!!

It's good to hear your doing fine, I thought you may have got derailed by a woman.
I don't need to tell you what kind of trouble that can be.  :smartie:

Things are heating up now and tension is high.

I heard on the bus today that Djokovic is looking for Nadal so he better watch his back.  :)>>>>

no.... :rofl_2:

nadal is angry.......i would never face nadal on a clay court when he is angry.......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:43 AM »
welcome back general shanks.

:)) :)) :))

the official word on the street: clay death the destroyer is not happy with the clay warrior.

hola hercules.......i too am not happy with the clay warrior........why did he go to hardcourts in indian wells after building his form on clay in south america? he messed it up again like usual.......look now he has to build it all over again for roland garros........

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 09:09:06 AM »
affirmative general shanks.

for the sake of greed he gave up his monte carlo crown.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
somehow, I"m 99.999999% sure Nole and Rafa will NOT be in the same half at RG. just saying  :whistle:

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:38:34 AM »
Welcome back general Shankar!

The best player during 2012 will take this.  :thumbs-up:
But it might be his last RG title.   :Sad-Bye:

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:43:10 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »
somehow, I"m 99.999999% sure Nole and Rafa will NOT be in the same half at RG. just saying  :whistle:

I'm not betting against you. Anyone remember when Nadal and Djokovic were last on the same side of the draw, in any tournament? Roland Garros 2010 might just have been the last time.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 04:31:25 AM »
It was quite difficult for Nole and Rafa to be on the same side of the draw since Roland Garros 2010, since for a majority of that time, Nole and Rafa were either #1 or #2. Only very small windows were for the 2010 Wimbledon and US Open and the 2011 Australian Open and Indian Wells and now in 2013 since Rafa returned from his 7 month break and South America.  Indian Wells, Monte Carlo and Madrid.  So I believe in only 7 tournaments since RG2010 it was possible, and in none were they in the same half.

Edited to reflect Sir Markus' correction.

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:39:13 AM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »
It was quite difficult for Nole and Rafa to be on the same side of the draw since Roland Garros 2010, since for a majority of that time, Nole and Rafa were either #1 or #2. Only very small windows were for the 2010 US Open and the 2011 Australian Open and now in 2013 since Rafa returned from his 7 month break and South America.  Indian Wells, Monte Carlo and Madrid.  So I believe in only 5 tournaments since RG2010 it was possible, and in none were they in the same half.

You forgot Wimbledon 2010 and Indian Wells 2011.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:46 AM »
Yes. Thanks Sir Markus. Corrected.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Legends of Tennis