Author Topic: 2013 Roland Garros is beyond reach for Djokovic and Co.  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 Roland Garros is beyond reach for Djokovic and Co.
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
Thanks and good to see you here General Shankar. 

I see your World Cricket thread is jumping. :) True cricket. 

Again, glad to have you back General.

Nadal is just really starting to get in shape.  I think he needs about 8-10 more matches to be near his best.
90% level should be good enough, maybe even less for the Clay King. 
He just has to avoid screwing up his knee any worse than it is, and put his poker and golf on hold till Wimbledon.

The level of the others on clay is quite suspect now. 
Murray's done nothing on clay this year and pretty much never has.  Does he have any clay titles?
Ferrer can't make it past a semifinal at best.

Djokovic has made it to the RG finals once in his career and did not look good in Madrid (maybe the ankle is bugging him more than he lets on). Still he might make it back to the finals if he regains his health and form.

Federer just came back from a layoff so his form is a bit unknown , and I believe he is really gunning for an all-time record 8th Wimbledon title, not his second RG, so he might make the semifinal or final at best.  The rest have very little (2%) or no chance.

Respectfully,
masterclass
hola masterclass........no matter what level they show, nadal will be ready to do his thing........straight set hammerings from round 1 to final........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
its about you got your sorry,  lazy ass back here with your tennis4you family general shanks.

I was about to send my henchmen to come hunt you down.

:)) :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
i haven't gone anywhere, hercules........i feel like taking breaks from time to time........i feel like i did too much posting already even though my post count is not even 7000 yet........

also nadal throwing away that slam in january pissed me off and had me skipping men's tennis forums altogether for a few months........i will try to post as much as possible........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
nadal should have skipped indian wells general shanks and spent extra 12 days on the red clay. 12 days of long, hard practice sessions would helped him land that 9th monte carlo title.

also it was way too risky given his knee issues to go indian wells. before that the blundering buffoon went to play an exo with del potro on the hard courts.

he cant possibly be that stupid. he knew his ground game was in shambles. why did he get off the clay to go indian wells.

it was nothing but greed. he went there because of the massive appearance fee.

now basel (Switzerland) organizers have come up with a huge amount of money for him so he is going there as well.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 10:40:28 AM »
nadal should have skipped indian wells general shanks and spent extra 12 days on the red clay. 12 days of long, hard practice sessions would helped him land that 9th monte carlo title.

also it was way too risky given his knee issues to go indian wells. before that the blundering buffoon went to play an exo with del potro on the hard courts.

he cant possibly be that stupid. he knew his ground game was in shambles. why did he get off the clay to go indian wells.

it was nothing but greed. he went there because of the massive appearance fee.

now basel (Switzerland) organizers have come up with a huge amount of money for him so he is going there as well.

yeah he continues making stupid decisions........it looks like he enjoys inviting trouble and then pulling himself out of it........that seems to be his routine on the tour since 2009 really........

he messed up all the momentum he built in south america by going to indian wells.......thankfully he built it all again just in time for roland garros otherwise we would really have been pissed off again.......

basel is a pointless lame event i agree........why he plays indoor events i don't understand.......there is no need to prove to anybody that he can win indoors........he proved way back in 2005 as a teenager that he can win indoors as well if he really wants to........he loses indoors mainly because of the timing of the events late in the year, not that he cannot play........he's too spent physically and mentally, half injured and burnt out by the end of us open really........otherwise he would have had 6 to 7 indoor titles by now as well had the indoor season been in the first half of the year........

Offline Escude

• Tennis Player
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
Nadal- Djokovic semi final is fantastic

Federer with a cakewalk in the other half

its like we are back to 2007  :thank-you:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
I did predict a final appearance for roger in rome.

looks like that might work for RG also. roger is playing quite well actually.

and he is a little tougher in best of 5 sets foremats.

also now I am not sure if nole will make it to the semis. nadal will be waiting for him there and don't expect the Spaniard to go away.

I think this Spaniard removes him from the facilities in straight sets.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 10:41:33 AM »

also now I am not sure if nole will make it to the semis. nadal will be waiting for him there and don't expect the Spaniard to go away.

Nadal got lucky Gulbis isn't in his way, Gulbis said himself he's playing better than Nadal.  ;-()

But seriously, Djokovic will have to get ready and fully adjusted to the surface.

He will take out Nadal, he needs the RG to complete the slam set and I have a feeling will fight hard right from the first point.

This would also about guarantee Djokovic's claim to YE #1.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
Nadal- Djokovic semi final is fantastic

Federer with a cakewalk in the other half

its like we are back to 2007  :thank-you:

Fed's chances have increased. Djokovic will be ready.

Offline Escude

• Tennis Player
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
Berdych  :rofl_2: 

Monf and Gulbis in the opening 2 rounds, that is incredible

Federer for me will lose in straight sets in the final to either Nadal or Nole, but i'd take that if offered.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »
Berdych  :rofl_2: 

Monf and Gulbis in the opening 2 rounds, that is incredible

Federer for me will lose in straight sets in the final to either Nadal or Nole, but i'd take that if offered.

Yeah, but he has better chances against Djokovic.

Offline Escude

• Tennis Player
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
True that he has a better chance v Djoko

but it's like saying he has a 1% chance to win against 0% v Nadal

i'm not happy he drew Carreno-Busta in 1st round also

THE WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT FELDMAN IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE MAESTRO.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 05:04:41 PM »
True that he has a better chance v Djoko

but it's like saying he has a 1% chance to win against 0% v Nadal

i'm not happy he drew Carreno-Busta in 1st round also

THE WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT FELDMAN IS NOT HAPPY WITH THE MAESTRO.
don't worry about it. CD is never happy with Rafa. If Nole def. Nadal in semis, I'm sure that mom Diana will say something like 'The Clay King is dead, long live the King'  :rofl_2:. Shank, I'll make sure mom Diana sends you a personal card with her and Nole's autograph  :)~

Offline Saperda

• New Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
Some draw for Neverindoubtovic. He has the toughest one among top dogs, obviously. Some very tricky opponents. Dolgopolov might lose his first round, but in case he finds form, he might bother Djokovic for a set. Remember his MC performance against that lanky, steak-loving argie, Juan Martin. The way he curves the ball on the dirt is awesome when he's on. If he makes the final through this draw, he deserves the semi-Capra status.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:35:30 PM by Saperda »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2013, 09:03:46 PM »
welcome to the forums Saperda.

:)) :))

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »

Nadal got lucky Gulbis isn't in his way, Gulbis said himself he's playing better than Nadal.  ;-()

But seriously, Djokovic will have to get ready and fully adjusted to the surface.

He will take out Nadal, he needs the RG to complete the slam set and I have a feeling will fight hard right from the first point.

Gulbis is an idiot. If you supposedly played better, why'd you lose...BOTH TIMES?

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »

Gulbis is an idiot. If you supposedly played better, why'd you lose...BOTH TIMES?

:rofl_2:   The other guy got lucky.

He'll have to look in the mirror after Monfils spanked him.