Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

A bit of dirt on Sloan Stephans and Serena Williams. Now they are rivals!

(1/4) > >>

HarryWild:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1630333-sloan-stephens-rips-serena-williams-says-they-dont-talking?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis

From Bleacher Reports:

There’s about to be a what? Girl fight!

Well, there might not be a fight, but something is brewing between tennis legend Serena Williams and budding prodigy Sloane Stephens—and it has the ripe odor of an ugly, sweaty feud.

After defeating Williams in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, naturally Stephens and the ultra-competitive 31-year-old became the best of friends—or so everyone thought.

Many seemed to assume the two were locked in some preternatural padawan/jedi master relationship—that Stephens had been hand-selected by Williams as her successor in some weird trans-generational torch-passing ceremony.

That couldn’t be further from the truth, according to Stephens.

In a recent interview with ESPN the Magazine, the 20-year-old rising star told the magazine she’s been snubbed, unfollowed and ignored by Williams and that things only got worse after defeating the veteran.

"She’s not said one word to me, not spoken to me, not said hi, not been in the same room with me since I played her in Australia," Stephens told ESPN. "And that should tell everyone something, how she went from saying all these nice things about me to unfollowing me on Twitter."

Stephens also claimed this random tweet that went out from Williams’ account after the match in Australia was aimed at her:

Dallas:
I have been following this. It's really sad to have this aired out in public. Sloan hasn't really done anything on the court since her victory against Serena!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex:
kinda pissed at Serena. she is acting like a b!tch. I really like Sloan, she seems to be a regular girl.

monstertruck:
Agreed Alex.

Litotes:

--- Quote from: Alex on May 06, 2013, 10:41:22 PM ---kinda pissed at Serena. she is acting like a b!tch. I really like Sloan, she seems to be a regular girl.

--- End quote ---

Nothing new there.  The younger Williams' personality is really unappealing and has always been so. She's one of the main reasons my interest in the WTA has dropped significantly in recent years.

Haven't seen much of Stephens yet but she seems promising, in all areas. It's not the first time we see someone struggle to back up a breakthrough result. I'm sure it will turn around for her eventually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version