Tennis Discussions > Tennis Discussions

Twitter: Tiriac wants Madrid to be a two-week event

(1/10) > >>

August:
https://twitter.com/MiguelSeabra/status/331776481439145984

--- Quote ---#Madrid organizer #Tiriac is pushing hard to get the same two weeks IndianWells & Miami have; that would eat up one week on the clay season
--- End quote ---

I think one week is enough for Madrid. IW and Miami are exceptions, unlike other M1000s, they aren't prep events for a slam/WTF. That's why two-week M1000s are OK in IW & Miami; because of extra days, big names often play also doubles in IW. But in my opinion, Madrid should be a one-week event, it's just prep for RG.

I assume Madrid will get an extra week if it brings more money to ATP/WTA than having MMs in that week. And of course Tiriac wants Madrid to be a two-week event, he wants Madrid eventually to become a slam.

Alex:
Madrid sucks. sorry, I'm not saying this because Nole lost today. Hamburg was a much better tournament. Madrid organizers try so hard to experiment and sh!t. the worst master in tennis history.  :\

Clay Death:
interesting.

tiriac has money and he has influence.

:)) :))

Swish:

--- Quote from: Alex on May 07, 2013, 05:59:05 PM ---Madrid sucks. sorry, I'm not saying this because Nole lost today. Hamburg was a much better tournament. Madrid organizers try so hard to experiment and sh!t. the worst master in tennis history.  :\

--- End quote ---

I agree, something about it doesn't have the legitimacy of other masters to me.

Clay Death:
some of the top players don't like Madrid either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version