Author Topic: 2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)  (Read 6071 times)

Offline emotion

• Tennis Player
  • I like emotional players
Re: 2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
Berdych donating the first game

hopefully not the first set. He's starting to serve better now  :)) You should stay here to commentate instead of MTF.

I probably will. What's this site's moderating policy like? Especially re: doping/fixing allegations
Montañes, Hewitt, Ferrer, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Haas, Rochus, Becker, Melzer, Monaco, Granollers, Benneteau

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »

hopefully not the first set. He's starting to serve better now  :)) You should stay here to commentate instead of MTF.

I probably will. What's this site's moderating policy like? Especially re: doping/fixing allegations

There is no moderation, because there doesn't need to be. I'm a moderator, but that's only for moving/locking threads.

Doping/fixing allegations? I'm sure you can say whatever you want, but be prepared for arguments.

That's all. 50% of the action and tennistalk takes place at the Ye Olde Castle Chat Thread.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »
I think one of the reasons for it is that Jerzy's backhand is not good for both hitting and returning. Especialliy, when he face out-wide shot to his backhand. It is his biggest weakness. So to defeat Jerzy, you have to place a lot of balls to his backhand wing. Accurated serve is Federer's trademark.

So it is area Jerzy has to improve in the future. He has good backhand slice and drop shot, but normal hitting and return are not good enough. Single backhand can be his option.
 ..-)
I just Jerzy's coach knows this problem and has worked with Jerzy.

Now that Jerzy has had a few matches with some very good players he and his coach have plenty of video to review.
They can work on the problems they find.

Yes, he will eventually become stable.
His serve still has room to improve for example placement and accuracy. He should able move quicker. His big forehand can go sharper and more consistent.

Wow, you guys really are willing to suspend disbelief. This guy is a loose cannon in love with his big weapons and quirky shots. Those guys never reel it in and become students of the game.

By my math, swish =  :rasta:

Your looking at the future.
DelPo, Gulbis and Mr. Jerzy.

How can you not like this guy?

I'm getting kind of nervous because you're taking the resident hot-head-case title :king:  from me. My hot-head-cases are retired -- Safin, Gonzo -- or mellowing with age -- Haas, Malisse, Almagro.

Not so fast! I have Fognini and Paire. Those two can light up a Xmas tree. Touche  :Sword Fight:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:14:57 AM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline emotion

• Tennis Player
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
 :rofl_2: Berdych at his absolute worst. How the hell did he not put that away? Nadal didn't even have to hit a difficult shot
Montañes, Hewitt, Ferrer, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Haas, Rochus, Becker, Melzer, Monaco, Granollers, Benneteau

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
Why doesn't Berdych try to take the balls early. He is getting completely pinned by Nadal's topspin.  :mad1:

Offline emotion

• Tennis Player
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »

There is no moderation, because there doesn't need to be. I'm a moderator, but that's only for moving/locking threads.

Doping/fixing allegations? I'm sure you can say whatever you want, but be prepared for arguments.

That's all. 50% of the action and tennistalk takes place at the Ye Olde Castle Chat Thread.

Oh good. Thank God. MTF is strangling that way, even in the most obvious cases not permitted. I freely admit I suspect some of my favorites dope, and some clearly fix.

On the topic of the match, this is Berdych at his absolute most braindead worst. Can't believe Djokovic choked to him yesterday.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 10:30:03 AM »

Oh good. Thank God. MTF is strangling that way, even in the most obvious cases not permitted. I freely admit I suspect some of my favorites dope, and some clearly fix.

On the topic of the match, this is Berdych at his absolute most braindead worst. Can't believe Djokovic choked to him yesterday.

:)) I'm sure there are some old threads about these topics you can bump.

Berdych just pulled out a successful drop shot  :scared:

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
Berdych simply didn't try anything new, and made the same errors on big points. as usual. Nadal was decent. Too bad I can’t watch Federer-Paire now :(

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
Berdych simply didn't try anything new, and made the same errors on big points. as usual. Nadal was decent. Too bad I can’t watch Federer-Paire now :(

I took a nap during Nadal Berdych.  :rofl_2:

C'mon Fed!!!
[/b]

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
I think one of the reasons for it is that Jerzy's backhand is not good for both hitting and returning. Especialliy, when he face out-wide shot to his backhand. It is his biggest weakness. So to defeat Jerzy, you have to place a lot of balls to his backhand wing. Accurated serve is Federer's trademark.

So it is area Jerzy has to improve in the future. He has good backhand slice and drop shot, but normal hitting and return are not good enough. Single backhand can be his option.
 ..-)
I just Jerzy's coach knows this problem and has worked with Jerzy.

Now that Jerzy has had a few matches with some very good players he and his coach have plenty of video to review.
They can work on the problems they find.

Yes, he will eventually become stable.
His serve still has room to improve for example placement and accuracy. He should able move quicker. His big forehand can go sharper and more consistent.

Wow, you guys really are willing to suspend disbelief. This guy is a loose cannon in love with his big weapons and quirky shots. Those guys never reel it in and become students of the game.

By my math, swish =  :rasta:

Your looking at the future.
DelPo, Gulbis and Mr. Jerzy.

How can you not like this guy?

I just like his game.  :gleam:

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
Parie is doing good at the moment.

Offline emotion

• Tennis Player
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »
Federer really struggling, Paire playing well

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2013, 01:45:40 PM »
I doubt Paire can win if he continues to make so many errors in judgement like he did in the serving game after breaking Fed.

Offline emotion

• Tennis Player
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2013, 01:58:07 PM »
Paire is playing a good breaker

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »
Paire needs to think more clearly in key moments. Its impossible to win without this.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
The Swiss express is into the final. The predictable outcome has become reality. Now he's at exactly 8000 points in the Rankings and has taken the 6th spot in the Race.

Gonna be an intriguing final tomorrow, one in which both players have 50% chance to win. Nadal is not a clear favorite.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:40:51 PM by Slasher1985 »

Offline Elsa

• Tennis Player
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
Paire has impressed me, he deserved the 1st set ..

Slasher, could you give me, il you know it, the ratio Wins/losses all through Fed's career ?  Whereever I read, I never get the same ratios.

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
Slasher, could you give me, il you know it, the ratio Wins/losses all through Fed's career ?  Whereever I read, I never get the same ratios.

The data on the ITF site is probably correct, since they count ITF level tournaments as well, so it's 932-221.

If we combine the data on ATP with ITF, we get:
ATP level: 892-203
Challenger level: 16-7
ITF level: 24-11

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »
Roger was Roger, pretty good and this match was never in doubt.

Berdych is a clown. He played a great match against Nole just to bend over for Nadal, not even trying. He was trying to attack Rafa's FH all the time. Berdych, are you really that stupid?  Djokovic is a clown too. I still can't believe he let that match slip away. I knew this was gonna happen. Most guys, outside of big 4 play one single great match just to fail miserably in the next round.

Nole/Rafa would be so much fun. Djokovic, if you read this, I hate you right now  :\. just stupid.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2013, 03:02:27 PM »
Roger was Roger, pretty good and this match was never in doubt.

Berdych is a clown. He played a great match against Nole just to bend over for Nadal, not even trying. He was trying to attack Rafa's FH all the time. Berdych, are you really that stupid?  Djokovic is a clown too. I still can't believe he let that match slip away. I knew this was gonna happen. Most guys, outside of big 4 play one single great match just to fail miserably in the next round.

Nole/Rafa would've been so much fun. Djokovic, if you read this, I hate you right now  :\. just stupid.