Author Topic: 2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)  (Read 5870 times)

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2013, 10:05:28 AM »
This is a joke match. I just promised to myself never to watch Fed/Rafa matches ever again. nothing really to watch. same old sh!t. .. so predictable  :\

go to backhand backhand backhand and then forehand....same tactic every match.  :rofl_2:

Against Djokovic or Murray is much more entertain than Federer vs Nadal in this stage.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
Poor Roger  :( He looks so helpless out there

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
Congratulation!
Nadal defend his point.  :)>>>>

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
he looked helpless against Rafa when he was in his prime, but it's just sad to watch these two nowadays. I just hoped for a more competitive match. Their 2006 final in Rome was one of the most entertaining matches in tennis history.

I'm afraid that Fed will never win a match against Nadal, not even on grass. the worst match up in tennis history.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
he looked helpless against Rafa when he was in his prime, but it's just sad to watch these two nowadays. I just hoped for a more competitive match. Their 2006 final in Rome was one of the most entertaining matches in tennis history.

I'm afraid that Fed will never win a match against Nadal, not even on grass. the worst match up in tennis history.

As Federer's fan, I am not sad and just accept. See same thing happen too much time.
But the tennis world is not end here.

Still your boy is out there can pull down Nadal. We got interesting young players and hope they can make huge influence.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2013, 11:09:58 AM »
This is a joke match. I just promised to myself never to watch Fed/Rafa matches ever again. nothing really to watch. same old sh!t. .. so predictable  :\

True, Fed made some choking errors it appeared. That's the part I don't like.
What's he worried about?

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »
Federer is playing like he wants to lose this. I think this is his worst this year.

Not very good, too many easy shots missed as usual.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
Congrats to Nadal and his fans. This is pretty much what I expected. It is what it is....Roger is still my man and I will forever be in his corner!!!

It's not all a wash out today for me. Serena wins!!!!!!! Great job Serena! And great job getting to the finals Victoria!

Not bad that 3 of my favorites played in finals this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: 2013 ATP Masters & WTA Premier 5 Rome (13-19 May)
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
Congrats to Nadal and his fans. This is pretty much what I expected. It is what it is....Roger is still my man and I will forever be in his corner!!!

It's not all a wash out today for me. Serena wins!!!!!!! Great job Serena! And great job getting to the finals Victoria!

Not bad that 3 of my favorites played in finals this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is what Roger is??? What's that mean to a Fedfan? I know it's awful.

The fact is, Roger is one of the greatest clay court players in the history of the game: #4 for at worst! behind Nadal, Borg, and Gaudio...err, I mean the *other* gaucho, Vilas.

So I don't want to here about this being Roger's worst surface (so you can't count it).

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
Well done Rafa!!!!
Now go for RG #8

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
rafa too good once again........others can totally forget roland garros........he simply cannot be defeated there........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
rafa too good once again........others can totally forget roland garros........he simply cannot be defeated there........

You forgot about Djokovic. 8-3 H2H since 2011.

Be afraid, very afraid.  :cool:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »

there is nothing to be afraid about djokovic........nadal certainly isn't afraid either........if anything it was djokovic who chickened out in the quarters to avoid rafa before RG........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

there is nothing to be afraid about djokovic........nadal certainly isn't afraid either........if anything it was djokovic who chickened out in the quarters to avoid rafa before RG........

:rofl_2:

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Firstly, congratulations to Nadal for winning the trophy here. All the top players were here, and yet again, he remains the last man standing.   He simply brushed Berdych aside in the SF & comprehensively dismantled Federer in the final.  A quite remarkable performance, as much for the result as for the fact that he didn't have to play his best game in order to achieve it. 

Next, the runner up.  Federer had a good week here, making it to his first final in a while.  Given his opponent in the final, he was unlikely to win.  But he played a poor match today.  No resistance,  failing to convert his chances when he had them.  The loss never bothers me, but how a player plays is noteworthy.  I thought it was a very disappointing effort from Federer. The final should have been a better contested match, and he simply failed to put up a contest.  Janowicz or Paire might have been more exciting to watch. 

And I agree with  Babblelot  - Federer is an excellent clay court player, is experienced & is a great champion. This performance was not excusable, and nothing to do with the surface. More a case of "too good" to Nadal and  "poor effort" to Federer.

Nadal's return from an extended absence is a remarkable one.  His focus & determination, commendable. 

I'm looking forward to the FO.  This week highlighted some excellent effort by a number of "hopefuls"  Janowic/ Paire/ Gulbis all looked very good out there.  I'm hoping that they and some others will make the FO interesting.  But I expect Nadal to clinch his 8th title, unless Djokovic can return to play in good form.  Other than that, I see no contenders.     
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:20:41 PM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
Well we have an end result so Nadal deserves a tip of the hat.

But other things have emerged from this tournament.

We have Paire showing some good tennis and hopefully he continues, now that he's tasted some success he will be motivated to build on it.

Jerzy who has been beat down from some posters for not showing much this year has seemed to be more composed and he is making progress.

Gulbis has always been a question mark but has now shown he can have more than just a passing jab at playing well.
He's progressed very well past the point of his winning a tournament a few months ago.
His forehand is more consistent and he is starting to trust it more it appears.

It's been an interesting tournament.

Now to see what Fed does about his game, it looks less than average for him but he's still working I assume after his vacation.

Djokovic has to raise his game a few levels and had the feeling he didn't care much about Roma, he wants to perform at top level at RG.

Murray, I just don't know to be truthful. He has his work cut out for him so it's wait and see.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
swish is a hater.he never got nothing nice to say.just hate hate hate.if you got nothing nice to say don't say nothing.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »
I finally saw the rome final.

I don't think either player was anywhere close to their best.

especially roger. he had not lost a set the entire tournament. for some reason he looked a bit out of it out there today. he also should have showed more patience.

it was almost as if he had something else on his mind.

as for nadal, I saw him again playing off the damn court. he also pushed a few balls back which I did not like. that is a bad habit to get into. I know why he does it: he is lazy.

lets put it this way sports fans: they both have about 4-5 days to fix a few things in practice.

RG is here in 6 days.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:32:13 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 11:35:01 PM »
I finally saw the rome final.

I don't think either player was anywhere close to their best.

especially roger. he had not lost a set the entire tournament. for some reason he looked a bit out of it out there today. he also should have showed more patience.

it was almost as if he had something else on his mind.

as for nadal, I saw him again playing off the damn court. he also pushed a few balls back which I did not like. that is a bad habit to get into. I know why he does it: he is lazy.

lets put it this way sports fans: they both have about 4-5 days to fix a few things in practice.

RG is here in 6 days.

Fed has a tough time with Nadal, it won't get better.
Nadal was OK but not at his best either and he doesn't have to be to beat Fed nowadays on clay.

Not much time left for RG, so all of the top players better get working on whatever.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »
nadal needs to work on the following:

1. the return
2. the backhand
3. practice some volleys
4. slightly better court positioning---it is actually too much work to try to play the game from 30,000 feet behind the baseline.

he is still a damn coward when going forward. you can just see it in his face that he is just praying that they miss.

just pitiful. he has been at this game for 23 years now and has 8 doubles titles.

and he still has massive fear of the damn net. it gets worse each year.

he was actually doing a little bit better in 2007 and 2008 as far as going forward and taking some risks.

those 8 doubles titles were a complete waste of time as he won them from the bloody baseline.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:42:47 PM by Clay Death »