nadal needs to work on the following:
1. the return'
2. the backhand
3. practice some volleys
he is still a damn coward when going forward. you can just see it in his face that he is just praying that they miss.
just pitiful. he has been at this game for 23 years now and has 8 doubles titles.
and he still has massive fear of the damn net. it gets worse each year.
he was actually doing a little bit better in 2007 and 2008 as far as going forward and taking some risks.
those 8 doubles titles were a complete waste of time as he won them from the bloody baseline.
CD, all of the top four/five do not look near their best.
I haven't seen all of them looking this poor in awhile, what's going on?
With RG close they will work earnestly I imagine. Unless they are all bluffing.
well you keep hoping and praying for somebody to beat nadal and that is clearly not going to happen now that he has a few more matches under his belt.
now think about how much harder it will be deal with him at RG.
here is the deal:
1. nole is not and never will a nadal on clay. he cant beat nadal at RG. nole`s very best surface is hard courts and not clay.
nobody in history will or ever has been a nadal on clay. he blew everybody right out of the water. so people have unrealistic expectations for nole on clay.
nole will get his RG crown one day but that day is not here yet.
2. murray has lower back issues
3. roger is getting old. his best chances to do damage now are on grass. its the least demanding surface for him now.
4. delp potro has work to do
5. berdych has massive firepower but he is not 1/2 the man nadal is. his balls disappear when he sees nadal.
6. ferru is without any real power because he is so small. so sooner or later he gets overpowered in slams.
bottom line: I was not prepared to make any predictions for monte carlo, Madrid, and rome this year because I knew nadal needed more matches on clay. therefore I thought he might be vulnerable in best of 3 sets foremats.
but clearly there is no stopping him at RG. he has 5 sets to work with there. amazingly he is getting his groove back.
he can win RG at 60% capacity as long as the knees are holding up.