Author Topic: Early 2013 Wimbledon speculations  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Early 2013 Wimbledon speculations
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2013, 08:49:21 AM »
Rafa186, you need to understand that I love trolling from time to time and say whatever I feel at the moment just for fun. You being relatively new here ... you don't know me too well. I go to the Roger thread and say something about Roger to piss everyone off but people know me and they laugh.

I firmly believe that Nadal and Djokovic are favorites to win RG and I do give a slight advantage to Rafa. but it's a small margin. Novak is very capable of def. Rafa anywhere and I mean it. We'll have to wait and see.
cheers bro

Yes you troll but I got so used to it that it isn't really noticeable.

How's Djokovic's ankle, I guess no news is good news.
well, let's put it this way ... If Nole wins RG, ankle is fine ... if he loses than it's because of his ankle . it's a win win situation for me  :)~ :king:

Sounds like a Nadal fan.  ://

Lol - you beat me to it!!! I was going to say that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Early 2013 Wimbledon speculations
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:55 AM »
I am enjoying this thread.

:)) :))

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
i have a feeling del potro will do something special at this event.......

Like losing at R1?  :rofl_2:

Olympic Bronze is his only noteworthy result on grass. He struggles with the low bounce, and I remember reading Olympics' grass was slightly different to the usual Wimbledon grass, it was shorter, thus faster, yet higher bouncing.

Btw, all of the big four seem vulnerable. I'd really love to see Tsonga-Berdych final at Wimbledon. They've had good results on grass and are maybe the best active players without a slam. Maybe they'd have a chance at Wimbledon this year.
on any grass, del potro can hit through nadal, djokovic, federer and murray........you can see his 4th round against rafa in 2011, he showed great signs of improvement on the surface and is not afraid to move forward........compared to AO or us open, at wimbledon it is surely much easier for del potro to penetrate the defenses of those four players........

us open has been slowed down to an idiotic level in 2011 and since then his chances at both the hardcourt slams have gone down tremendously........

tsonga and berdych have been posting good results on grass in the last few years but mentally they are not as clutch as d-pot........he has no fear playing in grandslam semis and finals........

I bump this post.

I'm starting to think Wimby is DelPo's best slam nowadays. His most memorable performances in last two years have come on Wimby's grass, Olympic bronze and this year's SF. Some year's ago players said USO is already faster than the slowed down Wimbledon. And DelPo's only slam came from USO. But it's been slowed down since then and now it's hard for him to hit through there. Wimbledon is now closest to the 2009 USO, yet a bit slower and slippery.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
i have a feeling del potro will do something special at this event.......

Like losing at R1?  :rofl_2:

Olympic Bronze is his only noteworthy result on grass. He struggles with the low bounce, and I remember reading Olympics' grass was slightly different to the usual Wimbledon grass, it was shorter, thus faster, yet higher bouncing.

Btw, all of the big four seem vulnerable. I'd really love to see Tsonga-Berdych final at Wimbledon. They've had good results on grass and are maybe the best active players without a slam. Maybe they'd have a chance at Wimbledon this year.
on any grass, del potro can hit through nadal, djokovic, federer and murray........you can see his 4th round against rafa in 2011, he showed great signs of improvement on the surface and is not afraid to move forward........compared to AO or us open, at wimbledon it is surely much easier for del potro to penetrate the defenses of those four players........

us open has been slowed down to an idiotic level in 2011 and since then his chances at both the hardcourt slams have gone down tremendously........

tsonga and berdych have been posting good results on grass in the last few years but mentally they are not as clutch as d-pot........he has no fear playing in grandslam semis and finals........

I bump this post.

I'm starting to think Wimby is DelPo's best slam nowadays. His most memorable performances in last two years have come on Wimby's grass, Olympic bronze and this year's SF. Some year's ago players said USO is already faster than the slowed down Wimbledon. And DelPo's only slam came from USO. But it's been slowed down since then and now it's hard for him to hit through there. Wimbledon is now closest to the 2009 USO, yet a bit slower and slippery.

DelPo has had quite a few problems, every time he gets his game going something seems to happen.

He's not had the chance to stay healthy and to continue to build on his game.

He should get better with some health luck.

It may happen at the USO where all the parts finally come together to compose a masterpiece.  :king:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2013, 08:44:59 PM »
excellent post dr jules.

still nole has proven that he can win Wimbledon. he will be one of the favorites there.

here are my 3 favorites:

1. roger
2. nole
3. clay warrior

Bump de bump.   :hysterical: