Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 26078 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »
Firsly thx all for kind words, such a classy forum t4u is  :gleam: :gleam:

Jeez what a lovely match. Sadly it shouldn't have been this close. Tommy wasted 12 match points in 4th set, with 1 on his serve.

Such a joy to watch matches like these.
Quality dropped a bit in 5th where Isner tried to pull 'dog tired' thingy again. He wanted to hold his serves only, and wait for Tommy to come up with easy UE's on his service game.
Luckily Tommy is too experienced for such things and played smartly to win this one.

Awesome display with one of the best return games ever. Isner's serve was just abnormal.

I don't know what he's average speed on most matches, but in a slam with 5 sets to have 200kms+ average serve is just incredible.

Awesome day, and awesome awesome win  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2013, 02:05:06 PM »
Isner is pretty comfortable in the serving department even on clay. So the theory that clay compromises one's serve is not true. For some but not for all.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »
Isner is pretty comfortable in the serving department even on clay. So the theory that clay compromises one's serve is not true. For some but not for all.

They clay doesn't compromises the serve at all. Its the later points that cause trouble. On a faster surfaces he would have probably ended the points sooner. But after the 2 shots by Isner, Tommy starts to dictate the points. Isner would have destroyed Haas if Tommy stayed passive.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »

They clay doesn't compromises the serve at all. Its the later points that cause trouble. On a faster surfaces he would have probably ended the points sooner. But after the 2 shots by Isner, Tommy starts to dictate the points. Isner would have destroyed Haas if Tommy stayed passive.

Yes, but that's because Isner is not all that great off the ground compared to Haas so that makes sense. Against a player who can both serve well and play well off the ground, Haas will find it difficult. Just as well he'll find it difficult against the best defenders on tour.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #464 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »

Yes, but that's because Isner is not all that great off the ground compared to Haas so that makes sense. Against a player who can both serve well and play well off the ground, Haas will find it difficult. Just as well he'll find it difficult against the best defenders on tour.

Agreed on all except that Haas finds it hard when someone is playing aggressive. Tommy has good record and good matches vs offensive players. His only weakness is playing defensive players like Nadal, Monaco, DelPo(when he's passive), Ferrer.
That's when he loses nerves and starts showering opponent with many UE's.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #465 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
Go Tommy go!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #466 on: June 01, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
Nole spanked Dimitrov. I expected a more competitive match but Grigor was clueless. Nole was solid but nothing special. Dimitrov made too many UE, his serve was beyond horrible. His fitness is a big problem. I like Dimitrov but I think he is over hyped. He is 22yo, he hasn't achieved anything. I find it silly when some guys compare him to Federer  :confused1:.

I'm not sure if you guys heard it or not but Jelena Gencic, Nole's first coach (she discovered Nole when he was 5/6 yo) passed away today. She was an amazing lady, she also trained Monica Seles and Goran Ivanisevic. Nole found out after his match and broke down. Djokovic cancelled his press conference. They were very close. Ms. Gencic introduced Djokovic to classical music, she asked him to close his eyes and visualize winning Wimbledon, holding the trophy etc.  When Djokovic won Wimbledon he went to Belgrade to visit Ms. Gencic and he gave her his trophy.

I'm wondering how will this affect Djokovic.  :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:50:59 PM by Alex »

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #467 on: June 01, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
:yahoo: :trampoline:

Talk to ya later, need one nice cigarette, well earned one!

Tommy you legend!

I can't watch today. Riveting stuff!!!

Thanks to everyone for the updates!   :thumbs-up: :not worthy:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #468 on: June 01, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »
:yahoo: :trampoline:

Talk to ya later, need one nice cigarette, well earned one!

Tommy you legend!

I can't watch today. Riveting stuff!!!

Thanks to everyone for the updates!   :thumbs-up: :not worthy:

You should try and catch it on replay somewhere on TV, it was THAT good  :))

One of the best returns ever vs such a huge server. So many bh return winners, just priceless.

Very nice day.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #469 on: June 01, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
Pardon the interruption, but our totally unheralded Jamie Hampton punk'd Kvitova! She's so under the radar, who knows, she may be the best of the lot (she's a bit older than Sloane).

And Mattek-Sands marches on! Phenomenal. She has missed a ton of time to injury, as well.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #470 on: June 01, 2013, 06:02:47 PM »
Pardon the interruption, but our totally unheralded Jamie Hampton punk'd Kvitova! She's so under the radar, who knows, she may be the best of the lot (she's a bit older than Sloane).

And Mattek-Sands marches on! Phenomenal. She has missed a ton of time to injury, as well.
She looks solid and happy.
Perhaps she is starting to find her groove on the WTA after so many interruptions.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #471 on: June 01, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
Goodness, what a great day for tennis. The Djokovic/Dimitrov match was a major disappointment, but Nadal's match was good (still making more UE's than usual, but his game seems to be improving with each match) and Isner/Haas was impressive. Gotta say, each time I watch Isner go through that kind of stuff, I become even more of a fan. People saying Haas wasted the opportunities on those 12 MP, but almost all of them were due to Isner's incredible serving and mental fortitude (no one else in their right mind would serve and volley on MP like he did on like 4 or 5 of them).

The American women really putting on a show! And Kirilenko had her first tough sets of the tourney. Glad she managed to pull off both of them.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »
pathetic nadal. getting worse by the day.

miserable court positioning and playing like a damn coward.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
pathetic nadal. getting worse by the day.

miserable court positioning and playing like a damn coward.

Nadal isn't nowhere near his top level, but I'm sure he'll top his game from now on.
I couldn't watch that match because I was too focused on Tommy even though Nadal was on TV.

I dunno, its strange to see him play these first rounds with such a difficulty. Definitely not something typical, especially not RG.
He needs to be more aggressive with that top spin.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2013, 07:56:12 PM »
affirmative general lug.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »
He hasn't been able to be aggressive with his top spin because the conditions so far have nullified his top spin. Hopefully, it'll stop raining and he'll be able to use it more effectively.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »
He hasn't been able to be aggressive with his top spin because the conditions so far have nullified his top spin. Hopefully, it'll stop raining and he'll be able to use it more effectively.

I understand it but today was pretty dry..?
Also player of that caliber shouldn't worry about trivial conditions, he has proven that before many times.
This is new, and he needs to find his rhythm.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
It should be sunny and dry next week. I was laughing so hard earlier because some guys on MTF posted a comment that Rafa played bad on purpose trying to extend his match as far as he can so Djokovic wouldn't be able to finish his match  :rofl_2:. Don Toni is brilliant  :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
It should be sunny and dry next week. I was laughing so hard earlier because some guys on MTF posted a comment that Rafa played bad on purpose trying to extend his match as far as he can so Djokovic wouldn't be able to finish his match  :rofl_2:. Don Toni is brilliant  :)

where's da -facepalm smiley when you need it  :rofl_2:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
It should be sunny and dry next week. I was laughing so hard earlier because some guys on MTF posted a comment that Rafa played bad on purpose trying to extend his match as far as he can so Djokovic wouldn't be able to finish his match  :rofl_2: . Don Toni is brilliant  :)

:rofl_2: