Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 20597 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9)
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »
draws don't matter as long as nadal is fit........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »
Interesting draw. Based on the draw, I'd say the favourites are, IN ORDER:

1) Dimitrov
2) Gulbis
3) Nadal/Djokovic
4) Berdych
5) Paire/Tsonga
6) Qualifier
7) Ferrer
8) Goffin
9) Davydenko
10) Federer

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9)
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
Interesting draw. Based on the draw, I'd say the favourites are, IN ORDER:

1) Dimitrov
2) Gulbis
3) Nadal/Djokovic
4) Berdych
5) Paire/Tsonga
6) Qualifier
7) Ferrer
8) Goffin
9) Davydenko
10) Federer

Brilliant! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 08:24:07 AM »
Had Murray not w/d, Rafa would have slipped to #4.

Non-Stadium 1R matches that are on my "To See" list.

Falla v [26]Dimitrov
[22]Dolgopolov v Tursunov - Dimitry has worked hard following injury
Qualifier v [16]Kohlschreiber
Berlocq v [19]Isner - I'd show for the American
[29] Youzhny v Andujar
Qualifier v [27]Fognini
[24]Paire v Baghdatis
[9]Wawrinka v De Bakker
Ramos v [21]Janowicz - I like Ramos!
Zopp v [32]Robredo - Tommy earned a seed after all that time away from the game!
Qualifier v [11]Almagro
[14]Raonic v Malisse
Nieminen v Mathieu
[17]Monaco v Gimeno-Traver
and last but not least
Qualifier v Qualifier

Since there are 3 stadiums, and as far as I know only the US Open does grand slam tennis right, you need a separate ticket to each of the 3 stadium courts. Totally lame :thumb-down:  So Haas, ranked #12, will likely be played in the Bull Ring or Lenglen. He's a bigger draw than Almagro, who likely will be put on Court #2 or 3.

*James Blake made the main draw and decided to show up?! Wow... I see Hewitt, too!

Bonus tennis
[10]Caroline Wozniacki v Laura Robson - would like to see Laura
Svetlana Kuznetsova v [22]Ekaterina Makarova
[24]Julia Goerges v Qualifier
Simona Halep v [20]Carla Suarez Navarro
Bethanie Mattek-Sands v Lourdes Dominguez Lino - I'd watch the American
Coco Vandeweghe v [27]Yaroslava Shvedova - I like Shvedova
Melinda Czink v Francesca Schiavone - see what la lioness has left
Flavia Pennetta v [21]Kirsten Flipkens - Pennetta's back!
Shuai Peng v Camila Giorgi - really want to see Giorgi
Jamie Hampton v [25]Lucie Safarova - I'd show up for this American
[18]Jelena Jankovic v Daniela Hantuchova
Karin Knapp v [17]Sloane Stephens - 4 Americans and 3 are women (I wouldn't show for Querrey)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »
Let the whining begin! Another typical (wet and cold) start to RG.

Why don't they have a roof?
I hate clay!
They need to move all the majors to different weeks on the calendar...
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
you going to see pironkova's match, babb? and what about errani? errani's game would be nice to watch too.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
Liking this draw.  :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »
Fed may be able to make the finals again with this draw.

Fed is very rested but still may be a little rusty. The rest is important.

Djokovic is very rested, he's been laying low of late but no one can up their level like he can.

Djokovic will have Dimitrov and Tomic in his path possibly, if he meets them they will be boarding the plane for a rest.  :)

Nadal has played a lot but should be ready to go, he has had months to rest all of his body so he will have an advantage he hasn't had in years.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 11:14:20 AM »
the draw is very unbalanced, but whatever. Roger has the easiest draw in tennis history, he is playing Q in R1 and R2, some Spanish clowns ... Ferrer in semis, he is in the final, I'm 99.999% sure.
Novak's path is the most difficult one.  If everything goes as planned we'll see Nole/Rafa in semis. I believe that the winner of this semi will decide the winner of RG, although if Nole def. Rafa and plays against Fed in the final, Fed will have his chances.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
the draw is very unbalanced, but whatever. Roger has the easiest draw in tennis history, he is playing Q in R1 and R2, some Spanish clowns ... Ferrer in semis, he is in the final, I'm 99.999% sure.
Novak's path is the most difficult one.  If everything goes as planned we'll see Nole/Rafa in semis. I believe that the winner of this semi will decide the winner of RG, although if Nole def. Rafa and plays against Fed in the final, Fed will have his chances.

Right.  Djokovic will be at an advantage to have a tough path, he needs to be match tough to meet Nadal.
Nadal has had plenty of matches so I expect him to be at top level.

Fed's draw is to his advantage for two reasons.
He hasn't had as much clay match play as he needed so an easier draw will help him get his clay feet.
Playing Djokovic gives him a better chance than playing Nadal.

We may have to put an asterick on this if Fed wins it all.  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »

Right.  Djokovic will be at an advantage to have a tough path, he needs to be match tough to meet Nadal.

He hasn't had as much clay match play as he needed so an easier draw will help him get his clay feet.

it's not impossible at all, especially considering the fact that Djokovic might get tight and Fed will playing freely knowing he has nothing to lose.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »
but Nadal is never fit ... listen to what Don Toni is saying  :)~. Nadal will be in semis, nobody can really trouble him before semis. However, Djokovic will be awaiting there ...  :)>>>>

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »

it's not impossible at all, especially considering the fact that Djokovic might get tight and Fed will playing freely knowing he has nothing to lose.

He has a chance.
If Fed were to win one more I would like like nothing more than it to be at RG.

I wouldn't mind Djokovic winning either, he's such a good player that he should be in the career slam group.
If Djokovic wins this tournament it will be massive for his resume.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
but Nadal is never fit ... listen to what Don Toni is saying  :)~. Nadal will be in semis, nobody can really trouble him before semis. However, Djokovic will be awaiting there ...  :)>>>>

we'll see about the semis, you better not watch it.......  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »

Shank babe bring it on  :)>>>>. This is War. It would be hilarious if Nole or Rafa or both lose early  (Fed included) :rofl_2:. we are already talking about semis and the final  and the tournament hasn't even started yet  :smartie:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
but Nadal is never fit ... listen to what Don Toni is saying  :)~ . Nadal will be in semis, nobody can really trouble him before semis. However, Djokovic will be awaiting there ...  :) >>>>

Shank babe bring it on  :) >>>>. This is War. It would be hilarious if Nole or Rafa or both lose early (Fed included) :rofl_2: . we are already talking about semis and the final  and the tournament hasn't even started yet  :smartie:

Keep Fed out of this.  :)>>>>

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »
but Nadal is never fit ... listen to what Don Toni is saying  :)~ . Nadal will be in semis, nobody can really trouble him before semis. However, Djokovic will be awaiting there ...  :) >>>>

Shank babe bring it on  :) >>>>. This is War. It would be hilarious if Nole or Rafa or both lose early (Fed included) :rofl_2: . we are already talking about semis and the final  and the tournament hasn't even started yet  :smartie:

Keep Fed out of this.  :)>>>>

novak got screwed with the draw.........the only thing left now for RG officials is to clean the clay off fed's shoes with their tongues........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »

Shank babe bring it on  :)>>>>. This is War. It would be hilarious if Nole or Rafa or both lose early  (Fed included) :rofl_2:. we are already talking about semis and the final  and the tournament hasn't even started yet  :smartie:

yeah let the openings rounds begin, i expect all three to move into the quarters easily........fed's match against tsonga won't be as straightforward this time should they meet........

btw how are feeling now alex? is everything fine with you atm?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

yeah let the openings rounds begin, i expect all three to move into the quarters easily........fed's match against tsonga won't be as straightforward this time should they meet........

btw how are feeling now alex? is everything fine with you atm?
going up and down ... feeling good today, thanks for asking Shank.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
btw, Berdych has a very difficult draw. I believe he has Monfils and Gulbis in R1 and R2 then Ferrer, Fed. ouch  :zipped: