Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 15263 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
jerzy has fairly sound mechanics babbs.

all he needs is consistency off the ground and a slightly better serve.

I see the mechanical flaws only in his serve. can you imagine if he had more modified mechanics and a delivery on the serve like pete Sampras?

I don't like his backhand at all. And his thought process at times leaves me  :confused1:  Just not someone I can see williamchung getting behind because he's such a stickler for...everything not Jerzy.

That's all.  :)

he has the tendency to jump at times when he hits that backhand. that is clearly not necessary. it can make the shot less accurate.

the guy is 6 foot 8.

other than that I think all that is needed is consistency.

unorthodox strokes work quite well if you can do them well enough:

just ask borg or nadal.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Looks like a tornado is forming over the entire country of France as the bad weather is circling back.

Paris
http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/paris/623/weather-radar/623

France
http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/national/weather-radar

Chris says it feels like November in all of Europe so far this spring. As long as we don't get multiple days of rain, one rain out isn't a bad thing as the next days get a back log of matches and better players get moved to smaller courts :thumbs-up:

Pretty nasty looking. If all that white is rain, storms are coming from both directions :/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:49:15 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Okay, boarding :)

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Make sure you get pictures of Roger for me or else!!!!! :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash: :head-bash:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

Have a good time Babb's. Get Federer's signature.  :king:

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro

you're so lucky,,!! :)

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Sorry, Alex, but I have to do this:

hm, if Nole and Rafa DO NOT end up in the opposite half of the draw at RG, I'll ask Dallas to lend me her red high hill shoes ... I'll be walking naked in her red shoes in DT Calgary, saying HI to everyone  and smiling :gleam:

:)) :)) :))

Anyways, Nadal's go this. After Rome, there should be no doubt. As for Djoker, he'll be lucky if he makes it to Nadal. He wasn't that lucky in Rome and Madrid  :))

I'll go ahead and call it now. Nadal def. Fed in the final in 4.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Sorry, Alex, but I have to do this:

hm, if Nole and Rafa DO NOT end up in the opposite half of the draw at RG, I'll ask Dallas to lend me her red high hill shoes ... I'll be walking naked in her red shoes in DT Calgary, saying HI to everyone  and smiling :gleam:

:)) :)) :))

Anyways, Nadal's go this. After Rome, there should be no doubt. As for Djoker, he'll be lucky if he makes it to Nadal. He wasn't that lucky in Rome and Madrid  :))

I'll go ahead and call it now. Nadal def. Fed in the final in 4.

Hey Dallas, get ready to send those shoes. 
And Alex, we need some pictures.  :rofl_2:

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
Hewitt was up 6-3 6-1 on Simon but Simon won the next set and is leading by a break.  :mad1: So expected

And Fed-CarrenoBusta just started

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
Where is everybody?  :confused1: Fed is dominating right now. Leading 6-2 4-0.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
when does pirru play?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
Alex, the shoes are on the way!  I've been busy watching tennis. Great job by Serena and Roger!!! They did what they were suppose to. 

One upset on the women's side today. Other than that....everything  about what was expected.

On to church now! More later!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Where is Jerzy? Hope he can go deep in this tournament.

Classic John McEnroe You Cannot Be Serious Tantrum By John McEnroe Tantrum

Bill, this guy is so flawed technically. I get it with swish; swish is chemically imbalanced.  :;:-|

But you??? This makes no sense! Please explain.

My explanation is I like this guy. And I am tired to top 4 domination, I would like to see new fresh blood make impact.

For Jerzy, however.
This guy really has technical problem with his backhand. I believe if he cannot improve his backhand and also improve consistency of his game in following years, he will not be top player. The good thing is he is lack of experience.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:25:49 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Where is Jerzy? Hope he can go deep in this tournament.

Classic John McEnroe You Cannot Be Serious Tantrum By John McEnroe Tantrum

Bill, this guy is so flawed technically. I get it with swish; swish is chemically imbalanced.  :;:-|

But you??? This makes no sense! Please explain.

My explanation is I like this guy. And I am tired to top 4 domination, I would like to see new fresh blood make impact.

For Jerzy, however.
This guy really has technical problem with his backhand. I believe if he cannot improve his backhand and also improve consistency of his game in following years, he will not be top player. The good thing is he is lack of experience.

he needs to convert into a percentage player........he has a nice serve and nice touch which is good but the challenge at present is his consistency........how many forehands can he send down the other side without missing? his backhand weaknesses are manageable and can be compensated with his serve and forehand........so it's just about bringing some consistency into his tennis.......

he showed he can play well in controlled conditions indoors but most of the tennis is played outdoors.......the sooner he gets better outdoors the better it is........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I like Jerzy's game, even though I watch only a couple of his matches.
He's is offensive minded and that's already a + in my book.

He's not shy to try and risk shots. BH needs to be improved, but I see that talent rising!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Let's go Blake!

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Here's a blog I picked up, it looks pretty good.

BLOG posted at another forum

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Let's go Blake!
Troicki looks to be too much for James today. :(
Down 2 sets now.

Raonic takes out the X-Man.
Hope Babs missed this one..... :\

Hewitt loses a tough 5 setter to Gilles.
Good for Simon. :)
Tough one for Rusty. :(  Dude certainly has some pluck staying on tour.
Good On Ya Lleyton!!! :thumbs-up:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:00:53 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Well James was good in 1set taking an early break. Thought he could put up a great fight in this one, but .......

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
oh boy, do I need to shave my legs before I wear lady D's red shoes  :rofl_2:?

I'm watching Troicki/Blake and Venus/Radwanska. Blake is a shadow of a player he used to be. So sad. He is 2 set down. Venus is also struggling. too many UE. I can't believe it.