Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 18350 times)

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2013, 05:11:50 AM »
Trust me, I've dug quite deep into Federer's clay success just last year. I still have it on MW, thankfully. When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll repost it here.

And yes, once Nole gets a win over Nadal, hopefully this year, I will definitely put him above Federer. He's dealt with Nadal much better on clay and he deserves much credit for that. There's no point making RG final consistently by beating players who aren't all that graet on clay anyway and only to get beaten by the same player who poses real challenge. You have to beat what's in front of you. You don't get a work around there if you claim you stand in the top five of all time greats. Even Guga beat him at RG in 2004 when Federer was ranked 1 and had already 2 Slams behind him. That's 2 all time great players he couldn't beat when he was in his prime. I mean come on. Federer is pretty good on clay but to say such garbage that he's in the top five of all time clay greats is a serious delusional attempt, but unfortunately half of them are anyway. lolol

Federer has played Kuerten only twice on clay and won in 2002 Hamburg Masters. So its not like he has never beaten Guga. Wish they had played more matches but it was not to be. Our sample size is too limited to make an assumption either way.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:12:53 AM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2013, 05:18:09 AM »
Trust me, I've dug quite deep into Federer's clay success just last year. I still have it on MW, thankfully. When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll repost it here.

And yes, once Nole gets a win over Nadal, hopefully this year, I will definitely put him above Federer. He's dealt with Nadal much better on clay and he deserves much credit for that. There's no point making RG final consistently by beating players who aren't all that graet on clay anyway and only to get beaten by the same player who poses real challenge. You have to beat what's in front of you. You don't get a work around there if you claim you stand in the top five of all time greats. Even Guga beat him at RG in 2004 when Federer was ranked 1 and had already 2 Slams behind him. That's 2 all time great players he couldn't beat when he was in his prime. I mean come on. Federer is pretty good on clay but to say such garbage that he's in the top five of all time clay greats is a serious delusional attempt, but unfortunately half of them are anyway. lolol

Federer has played Kuerten only twice on clay and won in 2002 Hamburg Masters. So its not like he has never beaten Guga. Wish they had played more matches but it was not to be. Our sample size is too limited to make an assumption either way.
Folks are free to 'assume' based on any sample size.
a.k.a.  "uninformed opinion"
CONK da ball!!!

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2013, 05:20:25 AM »
masterclass, loved your stats and rankings. wonder if you could show me where you pulled those rankings from, I know I have seen it on the ATP site somewhere I think, but would love to see things like, for instance, who's ranked 2 on hard-courts.

Also, what about Lendl? Wonder how he stacks up.

ATP site has the Fedex Reliability Zone which gives you a lot of lists -

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Zone-Landing.aspx

Grass: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Grass-Career-List.aspx
Hard: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Hard-Career-List.aspx
Clay: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Reliability-Zone/Reliability-Clay-Career-List.aspx

Lendl is #18 on grass, #2 on hard and #3 on clay.

The only problem here is that these records are restricted to the Open era. So guys like Laver and Rosewall and the older greats won't get their due.  :(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:34:47 AM by oracle86 »
''If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person don't know nothing about tennis'' - Rafael Nadal

Offline oracle86

• Tennis Pro
  • The Mystery Knight
    • Twitter
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2013, 05:22:08 AM »
Folks are free to 'assume' based on any sample size.
a.k.a.  "uninformed opinion"

Haha that's right.  :))

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2013, 05:26:30 AM »
I'm looking forward to Isner v. Harrison, Haas v. Sock and 'Nando v. Tipsy.
I like all six players so it will be interesting to see who goes home.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:46 AM »
I am waiting Jerzy to show one of his biggest weakness in nex match, returning game.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
Rainy..... ://

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
Another rainy day ruining the times. I better not miss any of my matches because they end up being too much later than they were originally going to be  :)>>>>

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Well Li Na gone....

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
Very, very boring FO so far. Apart from the Monfils/Berdych, I found all others quite boring. Even today's matches were mostly one-sided.

Isner/Harrison sounds good and I like both of them, but not sure who to pull for in the end. Haase can test Janowicz I suppose. What else? Tipsy/Verdasco sounds good on paper too. Sock and Haas maybe.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
Monfils/Gulbis was pretty good, too.

I have no idea what's gonna happen now. Harrison/Isner and Haas/Sock have both been cancelled for the day. Nadal was about to start, but then it started raining again. This final's gonna be on a Tuesday or Wednesday with the rate they're going...maybe then they'll stop being ignorant and install a roof or some lights.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
Now I hear they are taking the covers off the court.

So we will see, it's getting late though.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2013, 02:32:09 PM »
Schedule for tomorrow hasn't been put up yet.  It's getting interesting with all these rain outs!

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
No rain forecast for tomorrow (or the rest of the week it seems), we may be in luck here.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2013, 02:45:18 PM »
Boring day of tennis. All the matches are interrupted or scheduled tomorrow because of rain. French Open needs a roof ASAP.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »
schedule for tomorrow is out : http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/index.html

I was just about to post it!  You beat me to it! :))

I'm scared..... :(  Something about playing Julien Benneteau always scare me!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:17 PM »
schedule for tomorrow is out : http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/index.html

I was just about to post it!  You beat me to it! :))

I'm scared..... :(  Something about playing Julien Benneteau always scare me!

I was 13 minutes quicker!!!  :)>>>>   :))

Nah Fed will take care of him in straights  ;-()
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Mertov

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
No rain forecast for tomorrow (or the rest of the week it seems), we may be in luck here.
  That is the best thing that I have read all day long about the tournament!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »
You know, I hate to derail the wonderful discussion we've had so far but I just realized something that I am POSITIVE will be brought up later on by .. certain fans. The tournament organizers have once again arranged the draw such that mainly Nadal - and to some extent Djokovic - are the only ones affected by the rain and interrupted match play. And they have made sure that Federer, in addition to his easy peasy lemon squeezy draw, gets the most benefit from the rain delays.

I don't even know how the rain has affected the players in question but I am certain that it is favoring Federer and against Nadal and to some extent Djokovic, and the tournament organizers have a hand in this.

Just couldn't let such an epiphany pass without commenting. Let's get back to tennis!