Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 26504 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
You know, I hate to derail the wonderful discussion we've had so far but I just realized something that I am POSITIVE will be brought up later on by .. certain fans. The tournament organizers have once again arranged the draw such that mainly Nadal - and to some extent Djokovic - are the only ones affected by the rain and interrupted match play. And they have made sure that Federer, in addition to his easy peasy lemon squeezy draw, gets the most benefit from the rain delays.

I don't even know how the rain has affected the players in question but I am certain that it is favoring Federer and against Nadal and to some extent Djokovic, and the tournament organizers have a hand in this.

Just couldn't let such an epiphany pass without commenting. Let's get back to tennis!

elaborate more, because I heard that Nadal was asked whether he wants to play today or be moved for tomorrow.
Next step is Nadal being moved as 1st match of the day tomorrow. So what am I missing, all seems legit to me... :dunno:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
You know, I hate to derail the wonderful discussion we've had so far but I just realized something that I am POSITIVE will be brought up later on by .. certain fans. The tournament organizers have once again arranged the draw such that mainly Nadal - and to some extent Djokovic - are the only ones affected by the rain and interrupted match play. And they have made sure that Federer, in addition to his easy peasy lemon squeezy draw, gets the most benefit from the rain delays.

I don't even know how the rain has affected the players in question but I am certain that it is favoring Federer and against Nadal and to some extent Djokovic, and the tournament organizers have a hand in this.

Just couldn't let such an epiphany pass without commenting. Let's get back to tennis!

elaborate more, because I heard that Nadal was asked whether he wants to play today or be moved for tomorrow.
Next step is Nadal being moved as 1st match of the day tomorrow. So what am I missing, all seems legit to me... :dunno:

:rofl_2: There's nothing to elaborate Lug, I was mocking some Nadal fans and how they're convinced draws/scheduling are always tilted against Nadal, even when it comes to things like rain. For instance check out this comment from one fan, at least this one didn't bring up the 'conspiracy against Nadal' theory. It drives me crazy so I had to mock it when I saw the opportunity. 

Why do tournaments mess with the schedule in such a way that it benefits some contenders while truly harming others? Nadal will have to play 3 matches in 4 days simply to catch up. Why, knowing full well the likelihood of rain, didn't the organizers schedule both Djokovic and Nadal's matches at the same time in Chartier and Lengen? And if they wanted to maximize exposure, why didn't they at least schedule them back to back?

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2013, 09:28:12 PM »
You won't hear any conspiracy talk from this Nadal fan :) You will, however, hear pissed off ranting. This is absolutely ludicrous that they've had these problems for the past three or four years in a row and haven't done a daggom thing about it. I hope it continues raining and they end up having the final on like a Tuesday and have to refund a ton of tickets to spectators who have to work. Maybe THEN they'll finally stop being idiots and add a roof or lights. I mean, honestly, Wimbledon even did it, and they despise anything that changes tradition. So if they can give up their self-righteous tradition and add a roof, why the heck can't the French?

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2013, 09:35:10 PM »

:rofl_2: There's nothing to elaborate Lug, I was mocking some Nadal fans and how they're convinced draws/scheduling are always tilted against Nadal, even when it comes to things like rain. For instance check out this comment from one fan, at least this one didn't bring up the 'conspiracy against Nadal' theory. It drives me crazy so I had to mock it when I saw the opportunity. 

Why do tournaments mess with the schedule in such a way that it benefits some contenders while truly harming others? Nadal will have to play 3 matches in 4 days simply to catch up. Why, knowing full well the likelihood of rain, didn't the organizers schedule both Djokovic and Nadal's matches at the same time in Chartier and Lengen? And if they wanted to maximize exposure, why didn't they at least schedule them back to back?

yeah it seems my sarcasm detector failed on me again  :rofl_2:

Bahh they can't be serious. I'm not talking only about Nadal or any other fans, its just hilarious to think like that.  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »

Friday's Schedule

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:27 PM »
Yikes. Harrison/Isner, Sock/Haas, and Nadal all at the same time. Good thing I have multiple receivers in my house :) Tape Nadal and Sock, watch Harrison/Isner live, then the others after.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:17 AM »
You won't hear any conspiracy talk from this Nadal fan :) You will, however, hear pissed off ranting. This is absolutely ludicrous that they've had these problems for the past three or four years in a row and haven't done a daggom thing about it. I hope it continues raining and they end up having the final on like a Tuesday and have to refund a ton of tickets to spectators who have to work. Maybe THEN they'll finally stop being idiots and add a roof or lights. I mean, honestly, Wimbledon even did it, and they despise anything that changes tradition. So if they can give up their self-righteous tradition and add a roof, why the heck can't the French?

You're a cool cat :) I didn't really mean to point any fingers at anyone but hey I didn't make up those conspiracy theories, might as well have a little fun at that expense!

But yes, roof absolutely necessary. Did I read somewhere that they're getting one for 2018? Hmm.. that even seems to coincide from when Nadal retires.. maybe it IS a conspiracy  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:11:52 AM by pawan89 »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2013, 04:57:33 AM »
Sock is good...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2013, 05:10:05 AM »
7-6 Haas 1st set. Just like against Ruffin in 1st round, Tommy is slowly getting warmed up and is starting to read Sock's serve.
Should finish the job, if all goes well ;)

By the way Sock is pretty good too.

Nadal in trouble. He lost 1st set but regrouping in the 2nd taking an early break..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2013, 05:20:59 AM »
Is it still rainy?

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2013, 05:50:58 AM »

yeah it seems my sarcasm detector failed on me again  :rofl_2:

Bahh they can't be serious. I'm not talking only about Nadal or any other fans, its just hilarious to think like that.  ..-)
Dude, you need to get that thing fixed! :))

CONK da ball!!!

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2013, 05:53:55 AM »
Didn't see that on coming. Sock got broken twice in the second to lose 6-2, looked pretty out of it, went down 0-40 on his first service game in the third, I though he was done. Then, out of nowhere, fights his way back into that game and then breaks Tommy. Completely shocked about that. Still, 2 sets to love down is not an easy thing to come back from, but I hope he does.

I was actually pretty surprised that he lost the tiebreaker in the first set. He had held his last two service games pretty comfortably and gotten multiple break points on both of Tommy's last service games, so it looked like he had the advantage going into the TB. But Tommy elevated his game for the TB and started attacking Sock's BH a lot more.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2013, 06:01:53 AM »
I know MT I know  :rofl_2:

It was well covered though  ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »

I just read how the roof was going to be in place already for 2011 but for some reasons it didn't happen. Obviously they don't want to build it before they know they can expand RG and retain the slam.

But they should really install lights. That can't be a massive investment as even many Mickey Mouse events have lights. But at least Chatrier will get lights at the renovation, to enable indoor playing.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2013, 06:11:31 AM »
And Sock loses his one-break lead :(

Yeah, at least some lights wouldn't be a big investment or take a lot of time to install, so at least those aren't too much to ask for. Or, at least, it doesn't SEEM to be a lot to ask for, but apparently the event organizers disagree.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2013, 06:24:29 AM »
Sock just barely hanging on now. Had to fight back from 0-40 again. He gave a competitive first and third set, though. Hopefully he'll be able to take away something from the match.

Apparently Harrison up 2 sets to 1 on Isner. I hope he can manage to finish Isner off. That'd be a big win for the young gun. Haas (almost definitely) would be next.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2013, 06:44:29 AM »
C'mon Jerzy!!!  :)>>>>

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »
Good win for Tommy in straights. 7-6 6-2 7-5
He had ups and downs in 3rd set, but it was solid nevertheless. Going down 1-4 and winning it 7-5 proves he improved mentally on clutch moments.
Also nice crowd support  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »
C'mon Jerzy!!!  :)>>>>

He should take it now  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS