Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 21099 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2013, 07:00:27 AM »
I am given 36 projects to drill down and dig up all the associated costs. I have to give this report to Finance by end of Monday. Having a very fun day here at work.

Well anyway, Raonic is having a hard time against Anderson as suspected. Anderson is playing very well lately btw. Raonic is up a break in the 3rd though.

Robredo has taken the 3rd set after losing the first two to Monfils. If he pushes more and take it to the final set, he has a very good chance to win it.
In the meantime, Querrey is 2 sets to 1 up against Simon.  :rofl_2:
Nice call Emma. :)

A bit bummed Sam couldn't get it done, but no big surprise there.
I fear he will never reach for or attain the next level. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »
"I'm happy because I have not used much of my energy so far," said _________. "I think I can go deep in the tournament. I feel totally relaxed. Mentally I'm okay. I'm quite confident. I can feel it, which is what you need if you want good results at Roland Garros."

Who do you think said this quote:
a) 7 time RG champion, potentially best clay player of all time, Rafael Nadal
b) 1 time RG champion, potentialyl best clay runner-up of all time, Roger Federer

:innocent:

Obviously it's Roger. I don't think Nadal has ever used so many positive emotions about his chances/feelings about a tournament in one interview. But yeah, old man Roger got lucky once again, Benneatau who was coming off a 5 setter, and will next face Simon, yet another player coming off a 5 setter. Both French with some home crowd support for sure.
Once again he has worked to position himself such that should an opportunity arise......
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2013, 07:03:51 AM »
I'm back!

Too cold and too much rain. Has 2R been completed? No tennis this year for Babs. Paris is more fun when you're not freezing between long rain delays.
Stateside?
That would be disappointing.
Hopefully you spent some time in the Latin Quarter and got yourself warmed up right proper. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »
Did every/anyone get to see this French kid, Pouille? I really like his FH. A more aggressive whippy FH than Gasquet. A reverse Nadal FH.
Saw it in a highlight reel.
Good call.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
Check out the American women.

Williams, Hampton, Stephens, and Mattek-Sands! Yeah!

Robredo vs Almagro :thumbs-up:
Sloane Stephens might just be the ticket to get me to watch some WTA again.
Who's you likin', Tommy or Nico?
As much as I like Robredo, I think Almagro will go further.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2013, 07:48:18 AM »
Alex - I hope you're keeping well, and enjoying the tennis. 

What a superb match by Robredo! He just seemed to decide to go for it, attacked Monfils who increasingly became error prone & took the momentum by the throat. Wonderful stuff.   Nice to see Monfils waiting at the net to congratulate him at the end & the standing ovation for Robredo from the crowd.

I enjoyed watching Klizan give Nadal a good match too, and the Haas / Sock match. 

I've just watched Nishikori beat Paire in 4 sets. I like BP's game too, but he was simply outplayed. Well done to KN for getting through to the 4th round. 

There are some interesting matches to come today - my ones to watch are Djokovic / Dimitrov ; Wawrinka / Janowicz ;  Haas / Isner &  Davydenko / Gasquet.   
Carpe Diem

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2013, 08:00:12 AM »
I'm back!

Too cold and too much rain. Has 2R been completed? No tennis this year for Babs. Paris is more fun when you're not freezing between long rain delays.

Sorry you couldn't get to see any matches Babblelot, but I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in Paris! 

The Almagro / Robredo match should indeed be fun. 
Carpe Diem

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
I just watched replay of Robredo vs Monfils. The only thing good about that match was the fact that both player were up and down all the time.

Monfils? It is really fair to say that he is such a clown. Even though he is more offensive this time around, he is simply laughable when watching.
He simply gave the 5th set away without the fighting. Did you see his 1st service and movement in 5th set?
He had nice 2-0 lead, having 2 match points, and serving for the match. After that, he just GAVE UP completely without a fight, clowning aggressive shots without any movement  :rofl_2:

Robredo on the other hand, well done for great battle, but Monfils was more aggressive than him, not something I would call a compliment.  ..-)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2013, 08:06:09 AM »
I'm back!

:Confused: :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Watching Paire-Nishikori. Why are the other mens matches starting so late? I got up so early to see them  :mad1:

I had the privilege of watching this match. It sucked so hard.

More women's matches this a.m. because they're further behind.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »
I was enjoying this ladies match Sharapova vs Zheng from the 2nd set where Zheng raised her level considerably and was leading the set too with a break, but Sharopova just broke her back and now 4 all, on serve but deuce.  Anyway, if she holds here then I believe she'll take the next game too.

5 DFs by Shara so far.  :zipped:
You are everything I am not.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Watching Paire-Nishikori. Why are the other mens matches starting so late? I got up so early to see them  :mad1:

I had the privilege of watching this match. It sucked so hard.

More women's matches this a.m. because they're further behind.

this one threw me off. I thought benoit paire might be able to take it since I am still not sure about how good nishikori is on clay.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
I'm back!

:Confused: :Confused:

It's alright, Luggy. I enjoyed my trip. The ticketing system there has changed since 2008, and I got turned down by several scalpers who wouldn't come down to 150 euro from 200 for a general admission ticket. Fool, they lost their big pay days with all the rain.

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:49 AM »
I am sad that I missed Nishi (one of my favourite players) and Paire match this morning but I was feeling so sick last night and didn't want to wake up early this morning. I have to wake up 5:30 every morning on the weekdays so I always look forward to the weekend to sleep in.

Zheng needs to hit corner to corner to move the big girl around but she's kind of hitting right back to where Shara is.

Sharapova doesn't move very well in my opinion,

And Zheng breaks Shara again. 5-4 and will be serving for the set. Sharapova was 0-40 up and got broken from there. A series of errors but kudos to Zheng for making Sharapova work for it and earn the points.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Check out the American women.

Williams, Hampton, Stephens, and Mattek-Sands! Yeah!

Robredo vs Almagro :thumbs-up:
Sloane Stephens might just be the ticket to get me to watch some WTA again.
Who's you likin', Tommy or Nico?
As much as I like Robredo, I think Almagro will go further.

I think this is one Spaniard Nico isn't afraid of. He should win.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2013, 08:34:28 AM »
I am given 36 projects to drill down and dig up all the associated costs. I have to give this report to Finance by end of Monday. Having a very fun day here at work.

Well anyway, Raonic is having a hard time against Anderson as suspected. Anderson is playing very well lately btw. Raonic is up a break in the 3rd though.

Robredo has taken the 3rd set after losing the first two to Monfils. If he pushes more and take it to the final set, he has a very good chance to win it.
In the meantime, Querrey is 2 sets to 1 up against Simon.  :rofl_2:
Nice call Emma. :)

A bit bummed Sam couldn't get it done, but no big surprise there.
I fear he will never reach for or attain the next level. :(

It was Simon who shouldn't have lost those two sets as he is the better player on clay and higher ranked as well. But kudos to Querrey for making it a big match. He's been playing well for some time now though not very consistent.

Some say Monfils choked as he had a few match points but why should Monfils choke when he had such a convincing win over Berdy? And he beat Gulbis too? People underestimate Robredo in my opinion. That  guy is a far better player on clay than both Berdy and Gulbis and has won a number of clay titles so far. He certainly has far more experience than Monfils, Berdych and Gulbis and it comes handy at a time like this.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
Is there no way to watch live tennis on ESPN3.com this morning?  And the FO site has nothing?

Any good live feeds out there?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
Is there no way to watch live tennis on ESPN3.com this morning?  And the FO site has nothing?

Any good live feeds out there?

http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »
Nadal/Fognini next. Yum. I expect Fognini to take a set here as well.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »
Schiavone just beat Bartoli in straight sets, 6-1 in the second set.
And Zheng lost her advantage losing to Sharapova in straights too.

Isner/Haas warming up & Tipsarevic/ Youzhny in their second set, with MY up a set.  JT had a 5 setter withVerdasco yesterday and may be feeling it in his legs today!   

Carpe Diem