Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 23291 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Did he lose his serve in the game he touched the net? I forget.

Yes, he did indeed.

Okay, so this match, in the biggest way, exposed Nole's biggest weakness that a few of us Djoker-haters have pointed out before. His overheads. He missed north of 5, maybe even 10+, in this match. People say he's a complete player with no weaknesses. This exposed his one weakness. And it's a weird one to have.

Still, even as a Rafa fan, I give humongous props to Nole for an incredible fight when most other plays would give up.

Lmao!!

5? Hahaha!!!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #1161 on: June 07, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »
Congrats to Rafa and his fans. Life is not fair. Alex is sad and depressed, going to sleep ...  :). this was too much for me ... fuc/k tennis, I'm not happy
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:13:29 AM by Alex »

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
We have new hater coming into this forum? Djokovic hater? Kind of stupid....

Can't help it. I liked him before 2011. As a Rafa fan, though, I couldn't help but hate him after that year.

Yes, he did indeed.

Okay, so this match, in the biggest way, exposed Nole's biggest weakness that a few of us Djoker-haters have pointed out before. His overheads. He missed north of 5, maybe even 10+, in this match. People say he's a complete player with no weaknesses. This exposed his one weakness. And it's a weird one to have.

Still, even as a Rafa fan, I give humongous props to Nole for an incredible fight when most other plays would give up.

Lmao!!

5? Hahaha!!!

Are you saying that's an exaggeration, or that it's hilarious he missed that many? Because I'm pretty sure it was at least 5.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #1163 on: June 07, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »

He lost the game that he touched the net in one of duce points. That is final turning point of this match.

It happened when 4-3, Djokovic was serving for 5-3. It is duce. If he didn't touch it, he would be advantage. But he did, so advantage for Nadal. 

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1164 on: June 07, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »
Congrats to Rafa and his fans. Life is not fair. Alex is sad and depressed, going to sleep ...  :). this was too much for me ...

Dude, I was gonna gloat when Nadal looked to finish in the 4th. But after the amazing fight from Djoker to push it to an epic 5th, I can't bring myself to do it. Congrats to your guy for putting up an amazing fight and making this an incredible match.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
We have new hater coming into this forum? Djokovic hater? Kind of stupid....

Can't help it. I liked him before 2011. As a Rafa fan, though, I couldn't help but hate him after that year.

Yes, he did indeed.

Lmao!!

5? Hahaha!!!

Are you saying that's an exaggeration, or that it's hilarious he missed that many? Because I'm pretty sure it was at least 5.

Same reason anyway.
Because Djokovic start winning these matches against Nadal.
I just hope one day someone will become Jerzy hater with the similar reason.  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:15:33 AM by williamchung7 »

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #1166 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »
I know Ferrer will win the SF I hope Tsonga pulls the upset. Rafa needs a quick final  :)>>>>

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1167 on: June 07, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
Congrats to Rafa and his fans. Life is not fair. Alex is sad and depressed, going to sleep ...  :). this was too much for me ...

Dude, I was gonna gloat when Nadal looked to finish in the 4th. But after the amazing fight from Djoker to push it to an epic 5th, I can't bring myself to do it. Congrats to your guy for putting up an amazing fight and making this an incredible match.
nah, the winner takes it all  :). going to sleep, so tired ... wish Rafa had won in 3 so I didn't have to torture myself  :\

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1168 on: June 07, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »
I know what ya mean, Alex. That match was torture on me as well. The beginning of the fifth set when Rafa was trying to break back, I thought I was gonna die.  :)~

Screw this. There's no way in heck I'm gonna focus on this Tsonga/Ferrer match right now. I'm still on cloud nine!  :)~ I'm gonna take a break, maybe practice some piano, and come in during the 2nd or 3rd set.

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #1169 on: June 07, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
This match could have gone either way, what a pity one had to lose.  Sorry to Alex & Djokovic supporters.

Djokovic has such heart, and to take it to the wire after a shaky start / bizarre 3rd set, was remarkable, not just due to that achievement but because of who his opponent is!  I'm sorry that the match had to end as it did, but it was close & ND showed yet again that he can play RN & beat him. I hope Djokovic will take heart from that. I liked the way he left the court, clapping the crowd & blowing kisses. A gentleman.   

Congratulations to RN.  What belief & resilience in the face of adversity. Getting through to his 8th final at RG is just outstanding. To have done it by beating the world number one after a close match, remarkable.  I have said all along that RN will lift his 8th title, and I can't see any other outcome after this win.  I mean no disrespect to Ferrer/Tsonga & would love to be proved wrong by one of them, but can't see it happening. I predict a straight sets win for RN in the final. 

In the womens doubles, my girls Errani/Vinci are ahead in the 3rd set!  It looks like they'll play the final.

And I see Tsonga / Ferrer have finally started. 
Carpe Diem

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #1170 on: June 07, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »
I know what ya mean, Alex. That match was torture on me as well. The beginning of the fifth set when Rafa was trying to break back, I thought I was gonna die.  :)~

Screw this. There's no way in heck I'm gonna focus on this Tsonga/Ferrer match right now. I'm still on cloud nine!  :)~ I'm gonna take a break, maybe practice some piano, and come in during the 2nd or 3rd set.

Exactly what I'm feeling...Even though I was more interested in that match lol. Too much tennis for one day.

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #1171 on: June 07, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
Well done Rafa......well done
I ffcking love u man
Vamos for the 8th

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #1172 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »
It's early days yet but Tsonga broken already. He looks nervous out there en ce moment. He's serving 0-3 down.

Errani serving for the match!

There is no such thing as too much tennis for me! I haven't been able to see much, and am really enjoying today!  I even watched the veterans playing doubles this morning!   :))

Edit : And Errani/Vinci win!.  Meanwhile Ferrer is 4-0 up.

I'm off for now.  I hope it turns out to be a good match.     

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:38:02 AM by Gawdblessya »
Carpe Diem

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1173 on: June 07, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
Tsonga getting thrashed.  :Confused:

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1174 on: June 07, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »
Nice to see Tsonga's finally putting up a fight.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1175 on: June 07, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
.....I'll leave you guys to it.
The quality of this highly touted megasemifinal isn't anywhere near it's billing.
Time to print some Benjamins. :big boss:
You mean to say you are not enjoying the match?   :rofl_2:

Nice play by ND - I hope he can break back.

Good man! He obliges!  3-3 in the 2nd set.
Nope.  I thought Nole would play a bit better right out the gate and Raf would be off to his typical slow start.  Certainly not the case.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1176 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:58 PM »
There's something seriously wrong with a 37' 6-1 set with absolutely no rallies...  :Confused:
You Sir are correct.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1177 on: June 07, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
It looks like if Nadal does not apply enough top spin to his shot, then Djokovic can hit through him. In other hand, if Nadal applies enough top spin, he can get a lot of reward from Djokovic. It is what this match all about.  :)>>>>
Excellent observation!!!
Raf was carving the FH's like never before and that seemed to keep Nole on his heels in the first set.  I still don't know who won as I am reading throught the play by play here at T4U.  Kind of fun. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1178 on: June 07, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
I can't see Rafa's feets when he's returning Nole's second serve.
:lmao:

I'll leave you guys to it.
The quality of this highly touted megasemifinal isn't anywhere near it's billing.
Time to print some Benjamins. :big boss:

I would like to point out that this was said earlier..............
You're welcome!!! :))

I'm certainly no astro-predictor.
Looked like a done deal at the time.
Guess that's why they play 5 at the slams. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1179 on: June 07, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
I'm gonna say 10-8 and Johnny mentions it 3 times.

GREAT shot from Nadal! If CD says another word about Nadal being out of shape or terrible this year, I will somehow force him to watch a replay of this match!!!  :\

Tweener from Nadal leading to an error from Nole!

Followed by a beautiful DTL BH from Novak! Who said this match was low-quality?  :lmao:
Me.
Did you see the first and third sets?
CONK da ball!!!