Federer
4 (19%)
Berlocq
2 (9.5%)
Other
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 09, 2013, 01:59:44 PM

Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2  (Read 23476 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros (May 21-June 9) Draw in post #2
« Reply #1180 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
That would be monsterstruck  :) haha
Looks like 2 out of 5 sets were good.
Doesn't make for a 'great match' in my book.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1181 on: June 07, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
The mind just took a big dump ...

3 of the worst misses you'll ever see in a single game
More high quality tennis at the end, eh? :whistle:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1182 on: June 07, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
haha I was just poking fun, MS!

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #1183 on: June 07, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
That semi was sad, but congrats to Ferrer for finally reaching a slam final! And he's set up in the most perfect way to actually win it. He's very fresh off a quick win, Nadal's exhausted off a long, hard fought win, and the conditions work against Rafa. But it's still Rafa. And it's still clay. And it's still Ferrer, who usually freezes against Nadal.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #1184 on: June 07, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
That semi was sad, but congrats to Ferrer for finally reaching a slam final! And he's set up in the most perfect way to actually win it. He's very fresh off a quick win, Nadal's exhausted off a long, hard fought win, and the conditions work against Rafa. But it's still Rafa. And it's still clay. And it's still Ferrer, who usually freezes against Nadal.

It was five sets but the points were much shorter than usual and many ended quickly with errors.

I think Nadal takes care of business Sunday.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #1185 on: June 07, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
Well, the semis are over. 
Congratulations to Nadal, Ferrer, and their fans.  Condolences to Djokovic, Tsonga and their fans. 
The first match went longer than I expected, the second shorter.

Nadal's play was about as I expected. Djokovic's play was mostly very good, but sometimes, how shall I put it, mysteriously inept in some stages of the match.  He appeared to be quite stiff in the middle of the match, losing 6-1 in the third, but then played himself out of that. 

Nadal really should have won this in 4 sets, but his play dipped some and Djokovic upped his level.  Strangely, it was almost the reverse of the 2012 Australian Open, but in both instances the final result was as one would expect for the player's favorite surface.

Ferrer was his usual steady self, bringing his A game, returning and retrieving well, and made relatively few errors. This seemed to discombobulate Tsonga.  Tsonga also seemed rather flat to me, maybe as a result of his victory over Federer.  Jo didn't attack, rarely came to the net.  He didn't seem to have a real plan against Ferrer.  He needed to serve better, attack more, and overpower Ferrer.  He didn't do any of those things well enough.  So David Ferrer won in 3 sets.
-----

Now it's Nadal vs. Ferrer in the final.  Will the match against Djokovic have tired Nadal enough to make a difference against the much fresher Ferrer who has yet to drop a set this tournament?

The weather conditions are supposed to be much cooler and damper on Sunday.  This might also favor the smaller Ferrer if Nadal's balls don't bounce so high.  We will see.  It's David Ferrer's first major final. How will he react to the occasion? Will he be overwhelmed or psyched for his first chance to win a major?  Stay tuned folks.  It ain't over yet....  :))

Respectfully,
masterclass
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:47:40 PM by masterclass »
Legends of Tennis

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #1186 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »
Ferru is so gonna win on Sunday!

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #1187 on: June 07, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »

Agreed  ;-() In straight sets, probably, looking at his record.

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #1188 on: June 07, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »

Agreed  ;-() In straight sets, probably, looking at his record.

Yep, he's already shown at RG that he's the best claycourter in the World right now. Sunday will be only a formality to prove that.

I'm already smelling a Channel Slam. He had already last year a tight match against Murray who beat the Wimbledon champ at SW19 at the Olympics.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1189 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
 :))
haha I was just poking fun, MS!
:))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1190 on: June 07, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »

Tsonga also seemed rather flat to me, maybe as a result of his victory over Federer. Jo didn't attack, rarely came to the net.  He didn't seem to have a real plan against Ferrer.  He needed to serve better, attack more, and overpower Ferrer.  He didn't do any of those things well enough.  So David Ferrer won in 3 sets.

This s**t should come as no surprise to anyone who's watched Tsonga over the years.

Nothing about his performance today was either remarkable or unpredictable.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1191 on: June 07, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »

Tsonga also seemed rather flat to me, maybe as a result of his victory over Federer. Jo didn't attack, rarely came to the net.  He didn't seem to have a real plan against Ferrer.  He needed to serve better, attack more, and overpower Ferrer.  He didn't do any of those things well enough.  So David Ferrer won in 3 sets.

This s**t should come as no surprise to anyone who's watched Tsonga over the years.

Being a Tsonga fan is sort of like riding a roller coaster. :grind dance: :sick: :shakey: :blue: :lol: :rain: :trampoline: :cursing:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #1192 on: June 07, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »

Being a Tsonga fan is sort of like riding a roller coaster. :grind dance: :sick: :shakey: :blue: :lol: :rain: :trampoline: :cursing:

Oh, you want to join me and Luggy on the fast track to the mental house, do yous?

:;:-| :;:-| :bang-head: :upside down:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1193 on: June 07, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
I've never been so disappointed in my life. Djokovic serving for 5:3, losing focus and getting broken ... there was some hope even at 5:5 but Nole lost.  I feel depressed, I hate myself and Djokovic. I've been watching tennis for almost 30 years and I've never taken a loss of my favorite player so hard.

Then Tsonga lost, another disappointment. I didn't see the match as I had to sleep. I stayed up all night long, I can't comment on that match, still can't believe that Ferrer managed to finish Tsonga in 3 sets. As much as I like Ferrer as a person, I simply think that he has nothing to hurt Nadal.

Anyway, Congrats to Naddal and his fans. My heart is broken  :(

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1194 on: June 07, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
I've never been so disappointed in my life. Djokovic serving for 5:3, losing focus and getting broken ... there was some hope even at 5:5 but Nole lost.  I feel depressed, I hate myself and Djokovic. I've been watching tennis for almost 30 years and I've never taken a loss of my favorite player so hard.

Then Tsonga lost, another disappointment. I didn't see the match as I had to sleep. I stayed up all night long, I can't comment on that match, still can't believe that Ferrer managed to finish Tsonga in 3 sets. As much as I like Ferrer as a person, I simply think that he has nothing to hurt Nadal.

I've taken a few very disappointing losses from Andy (and trust me, it's very hard to see your most favourite player lose one Major final after another and none of you were ever in that place as a fan ) but never hated him for it. In fact, I couldn't even imagine how he felt after every big loss and it had always made me love him even more. Anyway, I didn't get to see the match as I was at work and in a couple of back to back meetings but I did get to check the scores from time to time. It seems to me Nole is a bit nervous about facing Nadal at RG and doesn't play with the same confidence. RG is after all Nadal's territory and Nole probably doesn't feel as comfortable as he does on other Slams. But know that Nole is going to RG. Too bad it didn't come this time around but it will come. He was doing better than Nadal in the final set and it's unfortunate that he had to lose it from there, but there's still a lot of positive to take from.

Cheer up. Nole will win RG. Nadal's days are numbered anyway.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1195 on: June 07, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
I'll be skipping the final altogether. I am not too keen on Ferrer who got very lucky once Tsonga took Federer out and now he's in the final. Tsonga just can't back it up after a big win. His targets are always the big guys and once he achieves that, he gets too comfortable. I was told he sort of got booed off the court. These French crowd, really. Anyway, I feel we are in for one of the worst finals ever. Ferrer lost all his matches to Nadal this year, all 3 of them and not only that, he got bageled twice in two matches. No match. He'll just grind non-stop and then will bend over to Nadal. I have 0 interest int his match.

I am glad Clay season is over. That's the best part. Bring on grass.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #1196 on: June 07, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »

I've taken a few very disappointing losses from Andy (and trust me, it's very hard to see your most favourite player lose one Major final after another and none of you were ever in that place as a fan ) but never hated him for it. In fact, I couldn't even imagine how he felt after every big loss and it had always made me love him even more. Anyway, I didn't get to see the match as I was at work and in a couple of back to back meetings but I did get to check the scores from time to time. It seems to me Nole is a bit nervous about facing Nadal at RG and doesn't play with the same confidence. RG is after all Nadal's territory and Nole probably doesn't feel as comfortable as he does on other Slams. But know that Nole is going to RG. Too bad it didn't come this time around but it will come. He was doing better than Nadal in the final set and it's unfortunate that he had to lose it from there, but there's still a lot of positive to take from.

Cheer up. Nole will win RG. Nadal's days are numbered anyway.

Emma, when I sasid 'I hate myself and Nole' it was a metaphor. This one was really hard for me but life goes on. I won't be watching the final. Too tired, plus I don't think Ferrer has anything to hurt Rafa.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1197 on: June 07, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »

Oh, you want to join me and Luggy on the fast track to the mental house, do yous?

:;:-| :;:-| :bang-head: :upside down:
Are you coming or going?

After being a Safin and Blake fan, nothing can phase me.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #1198 on: June 07, 2013, 06:52:15 PM »
I'll be skipping the final altogether. I am not too keen on Ferrer who got very lucky once Tsonga took Federer out and now he's in the final. Tsonga just can't back it up after a big win. His targets are always the big guys and once he achieves that, he gets too comfortable. I was told he sort of got booed off the court. These French crowd, really. Anyway, I feel we are in for one of the worst finals ever. Ferrer lost all his matches to Nadal this year, all 3 of them and not only that, he got bageled twice in two matches. No match. He'll just grind non-stop and then will bend over to Nadal. I have 0 interest int his match.

I am glad Clay season is over. That's the best part. Bring on grass.
I agree.
Let's hope I'm wrong again!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #1199 on: June 07, 2013, 06:56:22 PM »
Just shrugg it off, Alex. I wasn't able concentrate at all at work after the match and kind of ended up posting a lot on the other forum and it kind of took my mind off. I am a lot gutted for Nole. I was almost 80% sure he was going to win even after he lost the 1st set, I was so confident. I am sure though he will win RG. This is still not his time yet but he has one too many years left in him and who's going to better than him once Nadal falls apart? I mean it was no easy match for Nadal today and I am sure that early break of serve in the 5th set didn't help his case either, so it wasn't a very easy and convincing win for him rest assured. Nole's getting very, very close though it would have nice to beat Nadal on his best surface while he was still in his prime and this year was just perfect for that to happen.

Cheer up and go to bed early. I don't think you should tire yourself out with these matches when you need to take complete rest.