Author Topic: Uncle Toni: Rafaelīs knee is not fine  (Read 2114 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Uncle Toni: Rafaelīs knee is not fine
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »
A visual about Nadal's knee.

Knee
Holy Crap!
The body's not designed to handle that sort of repetitive stress. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline DrJules

• Tennis Player
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »
It may still hurt, but has not significantly limited his movement this year. 

Being so successfull in his last 4 events; MC, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome (final and 3 wins) in such a short time obviously does impose significant stress on the knee.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 05:29:26 AM »
That coupled with time on court practicing.... yikes.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »

Knee
Holy Crap!

It was surprising, they estimated 1000 lbs force on some parts of the tendons.  :scared:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:14 AM »

Knee
Holy Crap!

It was surprising, they estimated 1000 lbs force on some parts of the tendons.  :scared:
Now do the math.
How many times in practice and live play since his mid -teens has this force been applied?  Talk about RSS!
Scary.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Uncle Toni: Rafael´s knee is not fine
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »
I bet if you ask all the players, 99% of them will say "something" on their body is "not fine". So with Nadal's success rate since he's come back - his knee issue is a non-issue!!!! It's not like its hampering or affecting his play, so Uncle Toni shouldn't have even brought it up.

Like I said earlier...I think he did so "just in case" Nadal loses, he'll have an already made excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:44:12 AM by Dallas »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
I bet if you ask all the players, 99% of them will say "something" on their body is "not fine". So with Nadal's success rate since he's come back - his knee issue is a non-issue!!!! It's not like its hampering or affecting his play, so Uncle Toni shouldn't have even brought it up.

Like I said earlier...I think he did so "just in case" Nadal loses, he'll have an already made excuse.

Pros in every sport play with some sort of injury or pain.
Giving the benefit of the doubt to Unc Toni, I'll just chalk this one up to stupidity, though he is a master of lowering expectations and relieving pressure on Nadal.  Other players should give it a try.  It's a rare point that you see Raf get tight, such a free swinging player is he.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »

and exactly how often does nadal lose on clay?

the man wins better than 96% of matches on clay for the last decade.

so tony does not need an excuse and nadal is not going to lose. i don't know of anyone on the planet who is betting against nadal. he is at 55% capacity and still they are not betting against him.

he really does have a knee issue.

why would he have exited the sport for 7 long months and lost his top rankings?

also its a little too clear anyway. the man cant move like he used to.

and if you watch closely, he even grimaces in pain here and there.

i am not even sure how the hell he is winning to be honest with you. he is certainly not playing good tennis.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:53:35 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
I must ask, have you watched a single match he's played since IW? He is CLEARLY moving as well as he used to. Read the posts here, listen to analysts, watch highlights, whatever. If you do any of those things, you'll see he's been moving extremely well. And his tennis has been great. Not quite as good as it used to be. And he makes more mental errors than he used to. But he's at about 90% of what he was before the injury.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
negative.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »

so tony does not need an excuse and nadal is not going to lose. i don't know of anyone on the planet who is betting against nadal. he is at 55% capacity and still they are not betting against him.

i am not even sure how the hell he is winning to be honest with you. he is certainly not playing good tennis.
Ayuh, it's not often, but it does happen. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »

You don't know if the grimace is from the knee, Nadal has the other problems all other tennis players have too.

:cool:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »

You don't know if the grimace is from the knee, Nadal has the other problems all other tennis players have too.

Gas??? :sick:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »

Gas??? :sick:

Could be.  :rofl_2:  I saw some dust flying around once.  :lol-cry:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »

My point exactly!!!!! Uncle Toni does NOT NEED TO BE SAYING THINGS LIKE THAT!!! Nadal already wins everything so why does he try to 'make excuses' or say "well, his knee isn't fine"... Duh... the guy is winning everything.  I guess the rest of the players need to have a knee problem if Nadal is playing like he is WITH knee problems.  He (Uncle Toni) just comes across as being stupid (to me) by even saying something like that.  Nadal is doing fine without him (Toni) saying things like he does.  OK...rant over.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
what is wrong with speaking the truth lady dallas? I think tony speaks the truth. nadal is having a lot of problems with his knee.

anybody can see that nadal is not 1/2 the man he used to be in 2008 and 2010.

his movement is gone and he does not have his machine like consistency off the ground.

I would say that he is at about 55% capacity.

at 75% capacity on clay, they don't stand a chance against him. you saw that in 2008 and in 2010.

Offline jazzcat

• Tennis Player
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 11:49:04 PM »
what is wrong with speaking the truth lady dallas? I think tony speaks the truth. nadal is having a lot of problems with his knee.

anybody can see that nadal is not 1/2 the man he used to be in 2008 and 2010.

his movement is gone and he does not have his machine like consistency off the ground.

I would say that he is at about 55% capacity.

at 75% capacity on clay, they don't stand a chance against him. you saw that in 2008 and in 2010.

Clay Death, you continue with the same old MTF mantra and Nadal-fanboyism.  You fool no-one with the "not happy with the clay warrior" excuse.  Yes, just like uncle tony's lies and propaganda, this is just another form of skulduggery meant to discredit nadal's opponent's achievements, and cement nadal's legacy.

Oh ok, so we're cherry picking peak form and great runs then.  If we play that game we could say Djokovic would have won USO 2012 if he was in 2011 form by doing this and that to improve his chances etc.  Fact is that Nadal has been a pro for over a decade, put on a lot of miles in that time, played a highly taxing physical game which is directly responsible for his success, and now you nadal fans feign criticizing him for playing that style, and for playing only as many matches as everyone else on tour.  Can't have your cake and eat it too.  Do you think other players don't have chronic health issues as well?

The reason Nadal plays on some hard courts which you don't like is because HE and his camp know it has no more affect on him than any other surface.  HE and HIS camp are pros and NOT ignorant on how to prolong his career, or what he needs to do to continue having success on clay.  Why do you continue to make yourself out to be some kind of self proclaimed sports therapist, or Nadal camp strategist??????  A little bit of humility and/or sober thinking is in order.

Now here's what you guys need to come to terms with.  No really.  Fact is that without his extraordinary physical play, Nadal is just an average player with a very limited game, always has been.  Now, stay with me here.  The reality is that he cannot continue with that level any longer.  This is how life is for pro athletes.  Peak form is just that (a brief moment in time), and athletes age, and suffer wear and tear.  So lets abandon this "i'm not happy with the clay warrior" nonsense as nadal's prospects diminish (I think you've been at it for around 3 years already).  Nadal and his camp know exactly how much to play, and whether a 6 month sabbatical is in order, we are just outsiders and know nothing.  No one cares whether you are happy or not

Nadal fans and their constant excuses and cherry picking of past achievements to prove a point: 55% of 2008 god-form, 75% capacity of superman nadal, 91% percent full of super octane GOAT nadal, yadda yadda--boring.  I'm sure you'll diminish Nole's achievement of spanking an only 61% "capacity" Nadal this year at RG.  The fact is no player plays at 100% all the time, including Nadal's opponents.

The crux of the matter:

It's not all about Nadal and what he does or doesn't do.  Some things are out of his control now, including being regularly beaten by Nole 2.0 :).  You see, it's about Novak not Nadal, deal with it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:03:41 AM by jazzcat »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »
Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel Jazzcat. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
 :)) :)) :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
the cat it's grinding an axe. Hercules what did you do to "him/her" at MTF?