Author Topic: Dunlop Racket  (Read 1108 times)

yodudedudeyo

Dunlop Racket
« on: July 11, 2005, 01:19:55 PM »
I am currently playing with a Head Liquid Metal Heat. It's alright I guess, though I'm having a hard time adjusting to it, it's too much of a control racket. I'm thinking of getting a Dunlop 400g. Does anyone know alot abotut his racket or experienced it first hand or anything? It's currently going at only $50, which is very cheap. The 300g, supposedly, was very good, the 400g cant be much different right? Please reply.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Dunlop Racket
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:43:27 PM »
I have never used one or seen one, so I can not give you any advice there.  But here are the stats from tenniswarehouse.com.  Also try e-mailing Charlie @ netvac@yahoo.com.  He is the Tennis4you Equipment Expert.

Head Size:
100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 27.3 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 10.6oz / 301g
Balance: 8.2pts Head Light
Swingweight: 285
Stiffness: 62
Beam Width: 24 mm Straight Beam
Composition: Hot Melt Braided Graphite w / Elastomer / Kevlar Yoke
Power Level: Low-Medium
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Hydramax
String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 7T,9T,7H,9H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 55-65 pounds

Featuring a throat bridge design by the Dunlop Tour Team, the 400G offers increased stiffness in the throat area for more power compared to traditional Dunlop racquets. The result is a controllable amount of power in a lightweight frame. A 'tweener frame leaning more towards the control end of the spectrum, the 400G features a constant beam thickness, Hot Melt Carbon Construction and ISIS Handle System technology. A good choice for the 3.5 to 4.5 player looking for a maneuverable frame with moderate power potential, the 400G should gain a strong following. The black and silver frame cosmetics were a big hit with members or our Tennis Warehouse team, giving the racquet a serious performance look. Great platform racquet for customizing, i.e. adding weight for a heftier feel.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com