Poll

Will Nadal draw Rosol at Wimbledon 2013?

Yes, and Rosol will win again
0 (0%)
Yes, and Nadal will avenge his loss
1 (20%)
Not likely, draws are completely random so remote chance
4 (80%)
No, the powers that be will not allow it to happen
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: June 20, 2013, 04:19:48 AM

Author Topic: Poll: Will Nadal draw Rosol at Wimbledon 2013?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
Re: Poll: Will Nadal draw Rosol at Wimbledon 2013?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
It doesn't really matter. I wish it did happen so Nadal can clean the floor with him but chances are the odds will prevent that.

Rosol has cleaned the floor with Nadal one time. It doesn't require another time as it has already made history. On the other hand, if Nadal cleans the floor with Rosol, no one will remember it. You understand?

it was a 5 set match, not sure about cleaning the floor its accurate.

Rafa is healthy now, it would be nice to see the difference, rafa always pays back his debts.

BTW, there was no great claycourter in 1996....the final that year if I remember correctly had no claycourter in it. Do you follow?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
No it doesn't. Sampras designed his game based on grass and hard; he never cared about clay. Keep in mind, those who did well on clay, did terribly both on grass and hard. Most clay courters didn't even get past the 3 round of Wimbledon, USO and AO. in the 90s. Sampras has 3 titles on clay including Rome Masters and a very gutsy semi-final appearance in 2006 RG, where he beat one too many great clay players back to back. Please take your tinted glass off, masterclass. You are not seeing things properly. lol

Oh yeah, I remember that 2006 Semi final at RG, Federer wiped the clay off the court with Pete  :rofl_2:
Sorry Emma, couldn't let an opportunity where you made a mistake about something pass by  :)~

So mean, pawan. You are growing up to a lean mean spirited person.  :rofl_2:  :)~

Isn't it the thought or the intention that counts so clearly I meant 1996 not not 2006?

Let me give you a Gandhi like advice while I am at it, a mistake should not be highlighted when the intention is in the right place.  :)~

Next time you do it, you will have another thing coming.  I warn you. :)>>>>
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »
It doesn't really matter. I wish it did happen so Nadal can clean the floor with him but chances are the odds will prevent that.

Rosol has cleaned the floor with Nadal one time. It doesn't require another time as it has already made history. On the other hand, if Nadal cleans the floor with Rosol, no one will remember it. You understand?

Rafa is healthy now, it would be nice to see the difference, rafa always pays back his debts.

BTW, there was no great claycourter in 1996....the final that year if I remember correctly had no claycourter in it. Do you follow?

You are still not getting it, Chris, so let me enlighten you one more time. Rafa beating Rosol in any point of time is not a revenge, because 99% of the time, he's expected to win especially in Majors. So there's no such thing as 'revenge' here against a player who was ranked 100 at that time. What is 'done' by Rosol will not be 'undone' by Rafa no matter how many times he beats him and takes this special imaginary 'revenge'.

As to claycourter, you don't think Bruguera is a claycourter, 2 time FO champion?  :rofl_2: Take a good look at his tennis career. There's a big surprise waiting for you. And what about that Courier - two time FO champion? Please.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
No, obviously it can't be undone. But it will still be revenge for all of us Rafa fans because even though most people know it's a fluke, if they were to meet at Wimbledon again, it would be a huge question mark and the media would act like it's gonna be a great match. So we would like to see Rafa wipe the floor with Rosol as a way to put the nail in the coffin to any doubts about it being a fluke. I mean, right now, Rosol is 'undefeated' (1-0) against Nadal and one of the few people with a winning record against Nadal all because he met Nadal at the right moment and then hasn't made it far enough to face him ever again. We want that to be changed so Nadal can wipe the floor with him.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

You are still not getting it, Chris, so let me enlighten you one more time. Rafa beating Rosol in any point of time is not a revenge, because 99% of the time, he's expected to win especially in Majors. So there's no such thing as 'revenge' here against a player who was ranked 100 at that time. What is 'done' by Rosol will not be 'undone' by Rafa no matter how many times he beats him and takes this special imaginary 'revenge'.

As to claycourter, you don't think Bruguera is a claycourter, 2 time FO champion?  :rofl_2: Take a good look at his tennis career. There's a big surprise waiting for you. And what about that Courier - two time FO champion? Please.

There is nothing to get miss A. H.; Rafa pays back his debts always. He did it to Robin, he did it to Berdych, he did to to Blake, he did it to Youznhy, he did it to Delpo.  Rosol was in the right place and right time and then talked too much.....Rafa fans want to see this match-up

This is the QF at the 1996 RG:

Sampras/Courier

Krajicek/Kafelnikov

Karbacher/Rosset

Pioline/Stich

Only Courier could be consider a respected claycourter with good acumen on the surface. The other 7 are ALL chicken poop on clay. BTW, Courier was washed up by 1996.........somebody like Ferrer would have won RG in 1996 easily. Novak would have been a RG champion already if he had to face Sampras and then Stich in the finals.

Do you follow?

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 07:28:39 PM »

There is nothing to get miss A. H.; Rafa pays back his debts always. He did it to Robin, he did it to Berdych, he did to to Blake, he did it to Youznhy, he did it to Delpo.  Rosol was in the right place and right time and then talked too much.....Rafa fans want to see this match-up

This is the QF at the 1996 RG:

Sampras/Courier

Krajicek/Kafelnikov

Karbacher/Rosset

Pioline/Stich

Only Courier could be consider a respected claycourter with good acumen on the surface. The other 7 are ALL chicken poop on clay. BTW, Courier was washed up by 1996.........somebody like Ferrer would have won RG in 1996 easily. Novak would have been a RG champion already if he had to face Sampras and then Stich in the finals.

Do you follow?

Hey, careful there. Anyway, you forgot Bruguera, eh? How convenient. But I told you before, Sampras never cared for the FO to begin with. He won 14 Majors without it.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »
It wouldn't matter if Nadal did draw him, Rosol played the best game of his life.

I have to give it to him though, no choking and no nerves. Very good for anyone to keep it together.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
It wouldn't matter if Nadal did draw him, Rosol played the best game of his life.

I have to give it to him though, no choking and no nerves. Very good for anyone to keep it together.

And now Darcis played the game of his life, with no choking. Nadal seems to inspire the lesser lights to work wonders on grass.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

And now Darcis played the game of his life, with no choking. Nadal seems to inspire the lesser lights to work wonders on grass.

Like I said earlier...as long as the balls are bouncing "low"...(like grass should)....Nadal will have trouble.  I don't know about this year, but in previous years some players have said the grass courts were playing like a hard court and that helped Nadal.  That's one reason I think Nadal has trouble at the Year End (indoor, low bouncing hard court/carpet). In a lot of matches today I saw that the low slice was doing damage, so players who have a great slice seemed like that did pretty good today.  I wonder if the courts will continue to take the slice, or if by the end of the tournament it'll be playing like a clay court again?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
New Poll: Will Nadal draw Darcis at Wimbledon 2014?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
Might as well start the next thread...

Poll: Will Nadal draw Darcis 1R and Rosol 2R at Wimbledon 2014?
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »
The real question is-  Will Nadal pull the plug on the remainder of 2013?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
The real question is-  Will Nadal pull the plug on the remainder of 2013?

He won't. He'll go home and lick his wounds then get rested for the last part of the year.

He can kiss any chance for #1 goodbye, Djokovic will overtake him in the number of weeks at #1 soon enough.

Fed may even get back to #1, I can see the chance for it.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 12:16:49 AM »
Both Nadal and Rosol were drawn in the same half but would have had to get to the 4th round to play each other.

It didn't work out for either of them as they were both 1st round losers. 

Rosol came closest to advancing, losing a hard fought battle with Reister in 5 sets.
Nadal was not so fortunate with Darcis, falling in straight sets.

Wimbledon organizers need to do better. 

Locking thread as it is no longer applicable.
Thanks for your comments.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis