Author Topic: Which racquet?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Which racquet?
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:53:36 AM »
I'm trying to decide on which racquet I should get to play with. I need one that has a lot of control but doesn't lack in the power department. Right now, I'm thinking the N6-110 but I wanted to get some other opinions. I basically want an nCode tennis racquet so here are the choices.
http://www.wilson.com/wilson/products/category_product_browse.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302525279&bmUID=1121183394825

N6-110:
Be the change that you seek.

Thomas

Which racquet?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 12:39:09 PM »
I had the opportunity to test the new babolat aero drive (or something like that)
That might be the racket you`re looking for. Lots of power, great control, but if you serve and volley look somewhere else.
Later

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
Which racquet?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:52:08 PM »
the n5 mid plus is an okay control frame, but iwht all of the thicker beamed ncodes, power is primary.  if you want a real control frame, the ntour 90, or sixone 95 are great frames. why are you set on the ncode line?  has the margeting got you?  if you are looking for a powerful frame then they arent a bad choice, but from a players frame standpoint, go elsewhere.
Mike

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Which racquet?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 11:54:38 PM »
My partner just got an NCode Six One and I'm thinking about one as well (more like the N5 or N4). As far as I can tell, they are good rackets and I'm a Wilson fan. But I'm sure part of it is the marketing (someone tell me why I'm thinking about the Canon Power Shot for my next digital camera).

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
Which racquet?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 12:15:32 AM »
I use the Ncode six one and I love it.  I think for a hard hitting person its the best racket.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Which racquet?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »
Quote from: "BitterBlueBong"
My partner just got an NCode Six One and I'm thinking about one as well (more like the N5 or N4). As far as I can tell, they are good rackets and I'm a Wilson fan. But I'm sure part of it is the marketing (someone tell me why I'm thinking about the Canon Power Shot for my next digital camera).

I did a "thing" on the wilson homepage and it said that the N5 or N6-110 would be the best choice for my style of play. I was thinking about getting the N4 but I haven't seen a price tag on it yet. I am assuning that it's going to be up in the $200 range since Venus won Wimbledon with it.

Not to mention, blue is my favorite color.

Offline MontyDub

• Tennis Enthusiast
Which racquet?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 11:52:32 AM »
The N4 is $239 retail...I hit with a demo the other day...very solid
It reminds me of the immortal words of Socrates, who once said, "I drank what?"....Chris Knight

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Which racquet?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 12:30:10 PM »
How much to demo?

Offline BitterBlueBong

• Tennis God
Which racquet?
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
You can get it cheaper, though. Here in L.A. there's this place called the Racket Doctor and it has the NCodes for cheaper prices. There might be stores in other areas with similar pricing.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Which racquet?
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 12:46:25 PM »
I'll probably try getting it on eBay!

Offline MontyDub

• Tennis Enthusiast
Which racquet?
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 02:57:57 PM »
Quote from: "wilsonboy"
How much to demo?

Demo prices vary from place to place. But tennis-warehouse has the best demo progarm. It's cheap and they send it your house. I think you can play with it for a few weeks before you have to return it. Definitely worth the money!
It reminds me of the immortal words of Socrates, who once said, "I drank what?"....Chris Knight

Which racquet?
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 04:47:20 PM »
But for six ones you need to be very strong or it won't be good at all

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Which racquet?
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »
Do you have it? Do you think you could give a review?

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
Which racquet?
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 04:54:54 PM »
Thats why I use one! :))   The racket I was using before was wayyy to light, and I switched to the ncode six one and it was so much better.  It took me a couple times to get used to it too, but thats what its like with most rackets.