Poll

Who will win a major first: Murray or Jankovic?

Andy Murray
Jelena Jankovic

Author Topic: Murray vs Jankovic: Who will win a major first?  (Read 14009 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: Murray vs Jankovic: Who will win a major first?
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »
It was very sweet of you though but I got used hearing the negative all the time.
I agree, it will then be sweeter for you when he finally wins one.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »
It was very sweet of you though but I got used hearing the negative all the time.

Oh, it will be crazy. I cannot simply imagine that. But more importantly, he should have the taste of it. That would be the sweetest. God knows the ordeal he goes through every time he loses big. 
You are everything I am not.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »

Oh, it will be crazy. I cannot simply imagine that. But more importantly, he should have the taste of it. That would be the sweetest. God knows the ordeal he goes through every time he loses big.
That's what life is all about  :) Patience on Murray's part will be rewarded. I just don't like his body language when he starts losing...he sulks, shows despair on his face, shouts...that's not something you'd like your opponent to see. that's where Rafa and Fed are so good at. Hopefully Murray will improve on that. I really want to see him lift a slam.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »

That's what life is all about  :) Patience on Murray's part will be rewarded. I just don't like his body language when he starts losing...he sulks, shows despair on his face, shouts...that's not something you'd like your opponent to see. that's where Rafa and Fed are so good at. Hopefully Murray will improve on that. I really want to see him lift a slam.

That's because Murray is too human. There's nothing fake about him. He's honest and genuine with his feelings. Besides, it's all part of growing up and people are different.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »

That's because Murray is too human. There's nothing fake about him. He's honest and genuine with his feelings. Besides, it's all part of growing up and people are different.

I can't claim him to be that holy because I don't know him nor Rafa for the matter personally. All I am doing is trying to answer the question in this topic. He is talented without doubt, if he has to win slams, he needs to better his attitude and his forehand.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
I really thought it's the national alcoholism in British sports that's getting in the way of Murray's Slam title, Dirtykash.

Jankovic, on the other hand, has absolutely no excuses other than the fact that, she's not prettier than Wozniacki or Sharapova? or perhaps you should change the thread title from Jankovic to Wozniacki unless she's too pretty for you?

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »
The streak continues. So long, Murray. Looking forward to the end of June, when you won't be winning Wimbledon again. Fail.

Wow, you did you predict that?

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »
Indeed I did. Fail.

Offline DirtyKash

• Tennis God
  • Child labor laws are ruining this country.
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
Petra Kvitova has won a major but not Jankovic? That's sad.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
Murray will win a grandslam. I am sure about that. He is far too talented not to. jankovic may not, considering the very weak field in the WTA and the numerous opportunities she has been gifted with, she has just wasted her chances. Such is not the case with Murray. He has to battle a tough field, expectations (wimbledon especially) and has to beat two of the greatest players of all time to win even a masters tournament leave alone a slam, but his time will come. He will win one. Sure his forehand is not up there, but nothing he cannot develop. I just don't like the way he sulks though. It gives more confidence to the opponent.

He's already beaten them in Toronto Masters just last year. Nadal in the semi and then Federer in the final. All in straight sets.

Yes, that's why I say that a slam is also around the corner

That corner block is getting longer. He better hurry or he may never get it.  There are many great players who went their entire career without a slam.  So...it HAS happened before.  It's no guarantee that Murray will win one.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
Murray will win a grandslam. I am sure about that. He is far too talented not to. jankovic may not, considering the very weak field in the WTA and the numerous opportunities she has been gifted with, she has just wasted her chances. Such is not the case with Murray. He has to battle a tough field, expectations (wimbledon especially) and has to beat two of the greatest players of all time to win even a masters tournament leave alone a slam, but his time will come. He will win one. Sure his forehand is not up there, but nothing he cannot develop. I just don't like the way he sulks though. It gives more confidence to the opponent.

He's already beaten them in Toronto Masters just last year. Nadal in the semi and then Federer in the final. All in straight sets.

Yes, that's why I say that a slam is also around the corner

That corner block is getting longer. He better hurry or he may never get it.  There are many great players who went their entire career without a slam.  So...it HAS happened before.  It's no guarantee that Murray will win one.

Agree, with each passing slam it gets tougher and tougher

Offline Nole nš1

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 08:15:35 AM »
Murray.

Offline Djokovic Champion

• Tennis God
    • Djokovic numer one
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Murray will win a major.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »
Murray.
Murray will win a major.

Only when No1e Djokovic is in a generous mood.  :gleam:  ..-) :whistle:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »
Murray.
Murray will win a major.

Only when No1e Djokovic is in a generous mood:gleam:  ..-) :whistle:

Respectfully,
masterclass
Oh no you dittn't!!!

Personally, I'd much rather Andy (not Roddick) had beaten Nole at his best.  Regardless, a win is a win and I'm sure they'll have a few more matches against each other. :))
CONK da ball!!!