Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7  (Read 19654 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #740 on: July 03, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
guys, don't get me wrong but some of your signatures are freaking HUGE. they take like a half of a page.

btw, are you guys aware that Fed will be playing both Gstaad and Hamburg (250 and 500 clay tournaments). What do you think?

Well he definitely hasn't overplayed so far this year so he should be well rested. :\ :rofl_2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #741 on: July 03, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
guys, don't get me wrong but some of your signatures are freaking HUGE. they take like a half of a page.

btw, are you guys aware that Fed will be playing both Gstaad and Hamburg (250 and 500 clay tournaments). What do you think?

That's so true. I don't get people who subscribe to HUGE signatures. How annoying is it when they post only one line with a huge signature each time? It takes way too much time to scroll down and half the time it's not even worth it. Very off putting.

And Swish and William need to stop quoting each other. If you want to know what I am talking about then please check page 30 of this thread.
You are everything I am not.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #742 on: July 03, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
Hey I'm all for top dogs losing  :)~

My count may be off a bit, but my point isn't off the mark at all  :)

Some people are just totally lame... :thumb-down:

Your point is spot on, but tbh here has never been much of a discussions when top dogs aren't playing, not to mention even some atp events go totally unmentioned  :whistle:
Recently I bumped your thread just to start some conversation without mentioning top dogs. It didn't see the light tbh.

Anyway the quality is what we are after, not quantity.
OMG, someone else finally said it. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #743 on: July 03, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »

Knuckleheads. :big boss:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #744 on: July 03, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »

That's so true. I don't get people who subscribe to HUGE signatures. How annoying is it when they post only one line with a huge signature each time? It takes way too much time to scroll down and half the time it's not even worth it. Very off putting.

And Swish and William need to stop quoting each other. If you want to know what I am talking about then please check page 30 of this thread.
That was hilarious. :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #745 on: July 03, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »

After I created a 6 page signature, Scott sent out a message asking for smaller sigs. I was the only one who listened. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #746 on: July 03, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »

After I created a 6 page signature, Scott sent out a message asking for smaller sigs. I was the only one who listened. ..

....and that was hilarious! :rofl_2:

Not much gets through that Kevlar bubble.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:43:21 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #747 on: July 03, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
I love how lame the fanboys are  :rofl_2:

Not tennis fans at all... :thumb-down:

I shutter to think...would me, swish, Bill, and monster be the only ones posting if Murray and Djokovic lost today?

(rhetorical question)

and pawan!

5 people
Where have all the fanboys gone?

Paula Cole-Where have all the cowboys gone

You could have fun doin' one of your Weird Al remakes on this tune Babs!

Personally, I like the forum better this way. :)~  Suck it!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #748 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »

Uh oh, I quoted.  :)~

I'll trim down my signature and stuff, it'll take time me thinks.
Maybe I can compress it vertically but not sure about that.

Fanboys!!!!! or tennis fans. Who has time to care who's who?  :head-smack:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #749 on: July 03, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »

It sucked, he didn't have the heart to tell you.  :rofl_2:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #750 on: July 03, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »
I'm really excited for Lisciki vs. Radwanska. I'm hoping Radwanska can deconstruct her the way she almost did to Serena in the final last year and actually goes all the way to win the title. She's 7-0 against Bartoli, should Bartoli make the final, and should be the heavy favourite over Flipkens who's a newbie to the latter end of slams anyway :scared:

Jerzy.. depends on how well he's swinging could trouble Murray. The serve alone might not be enough but Jerzy also hits big and can push Murray around, it'll be his lack of consistency and lack of experience that will let him down.

Delpo vs. Djokovic should be a cracker! You know, thinking back a bit, Djokovic had lost his last GRASS match to Berdych, Delpotro AND Murray. If he beats them all to win Wimbledon this year.. that'd be neat. I'm cheering for Murray on this one though :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #751 on: July 03, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »
Hurc does the signatures for us,i'd be just as happy with one row of pics. ;-()

ps i've just sent a pm to hurc to make mine one row.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:46:15 PM by sid »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #752 on: July 03, 2013, 05:51:05 PM »
I love herc's work but signatures need to be smaller - much smaller. Take a look at Alex's. That's the perfect size. This is about being considerate of others. I know you all love you players very much but we don't have to see their pictures over and over and over and over again. Also, it loses its charm fairly quickly.

And quoting just the previous post is fine and if you can't edit all the other quotes out, then please address the person you are chatting with. If you are still unsure then be like Gawdblessya and bold the name. Keep it neat people.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #753 on: July 03, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
As for fanboys Babs is always quick to bring this cr*p up.But he knows i was on here when Murray was ranked 400 & somthing when i first came on T4Y.Babs you've always liked the German players & you've more than one name on here.If you want to play silly games why not start here,or be a tennis fan whoever is playing.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #754 on: July 03, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
As for fanboys Babs is always quick to bring this cr*p up.But he knows i was on here when Murray was ranked 400 & somthing when i first came on T4Y.Babs you've always liked the German players & you've more than one name on here.If you want to play silly games why not start here,or be a tennis fan whoever is playing.

Don't take it personally, Siddy. Everyone is entitled to come and go as they wish. Don't feel forced. Fans are different. Some will stick around; some will come later and some never. I don't think it changes anything in the end.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #755 on: July 03, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »

Don't take it personally, Siddy. Everyone is entitled to come and go as they wish. Don't feel forced. Fans are different. Some will stick around; some will come later and some never. I don't think it changes anything in the end.

Emma i'm not bothered you have to have a thick skin here,seen this to many times.People can say what thay want & so can i.We all have freedom of speech.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #756 on: July 03, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
well, Babs mentioned 5 or 6 guys who he considers tennis fans ... he didn't call any names when he was talking about 'fanboys'. I can only assume he thinks I'm a fanboy as he didn't mention my name when he was talking about 'cool  tennis fans' :)~. too bad I'm not as cool as Babs  :gleam:.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:30:37 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #757 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »

[/quote]

Emma i'm not bothered you have to have a thick skin here,seen this to many times.People can say what thay want & so can i.We all have freedom of speech.
[/quote]
nah Sid, if you really want to know what 'thick skin' is try joining MTF or TW... You'll run away, that's how scary both places are ... but both MTF and TW have  over 20 thousands members. Here you know everyone by name.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:29:21 PM by Alex »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #758 on: July 03, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »
you all, take it outside  :big boss:

:innocent:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:33:16 PM by Lugburz »
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #759 on: July 03, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
MTF is for losers.