Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7  (Read 31216 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #760 on: July 03, 2013, 06:39:38 PM »
you all, take it outside  :big boss:

:innocent:

You & babs could take this one outside
Basil Fawlty waits on the Germans - Fawlty Towers - BBC

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #761 on: July 03, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
the ministry of silly walks  :)) :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #762 on: July 03, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
ah Sid, Fawlty Towers, one of my favorite shows of all time  :)). Love Basil.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #763 on: July 03, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
British humor best humor, also danish humor is pretty sick as well, Alex you might like it  ;-() Their movies are so hilarious and yet solid to good cinema.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #764 on: July 03, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
Monty Python -my favorite show ever. Brits make the best comedy shows in the world. It's too bad they can't produce a decent tennis player  :)~ :rofl_2:

Sid, kidding, kidding

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #765 on: July 03, 2013, 06:54:15 PM »
Monty Python -my favorite show ever. Brits make the best comedy shows in the world. It's too bad they can't produce a decent tennis player  :)~ :rofl_2:

Sid, kidding, kidding

well you can always narrow it down to England I spouse. Its a shame really, I really do miss Henman  :Confused:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #766 on: July 03, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
I just disabled my 'signature'. Now I don't get to see anyone's signature - small or large. It's so refreshing.

Size does matter, guys.  :)~
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #767 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »
I just disabled my 'signature'. Now I don't get to see anyone's signature - small or large. It's so refreshing.

clever woman in both cases  :)~  or girl  ..-) never found out how old you are  :innocent:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #768 on: July 03, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »

OK then, that's a good feature so I'll keep mine as is.  :king:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #769 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
watch this. I can't believe what this man can do with his body. My eyes hurt.
Incredible flexibility from Novak Djokovic as he does the splits

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #770 on: July 03, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
IMHO he's risking it too much  :zipped:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #771 on: July 03, 2013, 07:19:19 PM »
I love herc's work but signatures need to be smaller - much smaller. Take a look at Alex's. That's the perfect size. This is about being considerate of others. I know you all love you players very much but we don't have to see their pictures over and over and over and over again. Also, it loses its charm fairly quickly.

And quoting just the previous post is fine and if you can't edit all the other quotes out, then please address the person you are chatting with. If you are still unsure then be like Gawdblessya and bold the name. Keep it neat people.

Sometimes it's in a middle of a match, you just post quickly and don't want another new post in between.  :dunno:

But I've logged your complaint for future reference.  :)~

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #772 on: July 03, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »
We have four men left: Jerzy, Andy, Nole and Juan.

We could have Jerzy vs. Nole
                     Jerzy vs. Juan

Andy vs. Nole
                     Andy vs. Juan

It seems Andy vs. Nole is the favorite.

It would be cool to see Jerzy vs. Juan, two high powered players.  :king:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #773 on: July 03, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »
Jelena Gencic made him do stretching when he was only 6yo. She focused more on stretching than gym training. There is a great article on the net about Nole's training routine. He is stretching for over 2 hours every day. He is naturally very flexible but he trains really hard too. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:31:34 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #774 on: July 03, 2013, 07:35:54 PM »
I love herc's work but signatures need to be smaller - much smaller. Take a look at Alex's. That's the perfect size. This is about being considerate of others. I know you all love you players very much but we don't have to see their pictures over and over and over and over again. Also, it loses its charm fairly quickly.

And quoting just the previous post is fine and if you can't edit all the other quotes out, then please address the person you are chatting with. If you are still unsure then be like Gawdblessya and bold the name. Keep it neat people.

Sometimes it's in a middle of a match, you just post quickly and don't want another new post in between.  :dunno:

But I've logged your complaint for future reference:)~
Oh who's got time for that sort of nonsense...........
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #775 on: July 03, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »
Jelena Gencic made him do stretching when he was only 6yo. She focused more on stretching than gym training. There is a great article on the net about Nole's training routine. He is stretching for over 2 hours every day. He is naturally very flexible but he trains really hard too.

stretching is one thing but when your ankle does that on grass, its too risky imo...
A great athlete though. My countryman. ..-)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #776 on: July 03, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
well, Babs mentioned 5 or 6 guys who he considers tennis fans ... he didn't call any names when he was talking about 'fanboys'. I can only assume he thinks I'm a fanboy as he didn't mention my name when he was talking about 'cool  tennis fans' :)~. too bad I'm not as cool as Babs  :gleam:.
You're one of the good 'fanboys'.
Sort of like Chris and Dallas.
You're a good sport and don't get all stupid and then crawl into your bubble when someone disagrees wid ewe.
If Emma didn't already have dibs on you I'd hit you up fo sho. ://
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #777 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »

stretching is one thing but when your ankle does that on grass, its too risky imo...
A great athlete though. My countryman. ..-)
I think it's cool you support Haas and not Djokovic although you live in Serbia (what's up with you and your love for German players, I know you love Kohli too?). I've just read so many stories that Novak is bigger than God in Serbia. I never picked my fav. players based on their nationality. I'm having a hard time supporting Raonic (who I will support when he plays anybody else not called Djokovic) as I'm not too impressed with him.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #778 on: July 03, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »
Nationality is probably the last thing I worry about when picking tennis players.

I'm sure I've already said it many times before but Its a mixture of game and personality on court that drags me.
Most of the Germans have single handed backhands and were always aggressive players in general.
In the beginning I was only really rooting for players who use 1hbh. I always found 2hbh to be too girly  :)~
Now I'm more open mined about it, as there are just too many 2hbh's, so there are exceptions that I like such as Tsonga, Berdych, Safin in the past etc etc.

When I first started following tennis my fave was Becker, then Henman and Haas. So basically even though I was living in Yugoslavia back then (now 2 countries: Serbia and Montenegro) I already had my favorite players based on their game. Its simply long before Djokovic arrived on the stage and even though I have huge respect for Novak I can't root for him when he faces my players. Its simply because of the game style.

p.s. Yeah btw, Novak is regarded as god here, and probalby the best serbian athlete of all time. However there's too much ignorance regarding it. Could write a book if I start talking about that.  :rofl_2: Lets just say at least 60% of his 'fans' here don't follow tennis. They are fans because he's serbian and he's #1 even though they don't watch him.

It was the same with Ana, when she was #1 everyone thought she's the best of all time because of that, but when she started falling down, they all started making fun of her pursuing modeling career etc etc..
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:10:04 PM by Lugburz »

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #779 on: July 03, 2013, 08:12:59 PM »
well, Babs mentioned 5 or 6 guys who he considers tennis fans ... he didn't call any names when he was talking about 'fanboys'. I can only assume he thinks I'm a fanboy as he didn't mention my name when he was talking about 'cool  tennis fans' :)~. too bad I'm not as cool as Babs  :gleam:.
You're one of the good 'fanboys'.
Sort of like Chris and Dallas.
You're a good sport and don't get all stupid and then crawl into your bubble when someone disagrees wid ewe.
If Emma didn't already have dibs on you I'd hit you up fo sho. ://
no, my feelings hurt. I want to be a part of 'Bab's gang'  :smartie:. OK, OK, I just BS and I like it  :wicked:.

seriously now, I just say things the way I see them. I got attacked on MTF by Nole tards for being 'too harsh' on Djokovic, when I was analyzing some of his matches. I'm not  kidding you. They were like, 'what kind a fan are you', 'you are a poser', 'you are just another Fed tard pretending you like Nole' ... oh boy, so PMs I got were nasty. Same thing with all 'tard bases' on the net I guess.

Then I said today on MTF that Murray was pushing against Verdasco like there was no tomorrow .... push, push, push ... he was so passive ... I didn't enjoy the match that much,  it was bellow the average ... Then Muzza tards jumped on me trying to explain how 'this' was the best tennis match in tennis history   :rofl_2:(remind you you can see how old is a member on MTF, most of Murray tards are Brits 17-22 yo), how I'm just a hater and Murray is a 'true number 1'.

pure entertainment.