Author Topic: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7  (Read 22172 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: 2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #780 on: July 03, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
Hm speaking of Ana I just realized that I would root for her only because of her nationality simply because I don't follow WTA.
Too aggressive players are big bullies in WTA and too defensive players are fragile little beings, so I couldn't care less about the style. So I'll pick Ana any day  :)) oh and Sabine recently  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #781 on: July 03, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
Hm speaking of Ana I just realized that I would root for her only because of her nationality simply because I don't follow WTA.
Too aggressive players are big bullies in WTA and too defensive players are fragile little beings, so I couldn't care less about the style. So I'll pick Ana any day  :)) oh and Sabine recently  :))
I don't follow the WTA that much any more. I used to though. I admit I like Ana because she is so pretty  :wub:. However, nowadays,  she seems to be more into modeling, making covers of super magazines than tennis. oh well.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #782 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »
I don't follow the WTA that much any more. I used to though. I admit I like Ana because she is so pretty  :wub:. However, nowadays,  she seems to be more into modeling, making covers of super magazines than tennis. oh well.

yeah see my p.s. edit in previous post  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #783 on: July 03, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
well, Babs mentioned 5 or 6 guys who he considers tennis fans ... he didn't call any names when he was talking about 'fanboys'. I can only assume he thinks I'm a fanboy as he didn't mention my name when he was talking about 'cool  tennis fans' :)~. too bad I'm not as cool as Babs  :gleam:.
You're one of the good 'fanboys'.
Sort of like Chris and Dallas.
You're a good sport and don't get all stupid and then crawl into your bubble when someone disagrees wid ewe.
If Emma didn't already have dibs on you I'd hit you up fo sho. ://
no, my feelings hurt. I want to be a part of 'Bab's gang'  :smartie:. OK, OK, I just BS and I like it  :wicked:.

seriously now, I just say things the way I see them. I got attacked on MTF by Nole tards for being 'too harsh' on Djokovic, when I was analyzing some of his matches. I'm not  kidding you. They were like, 'what kind a fan are you', 'you are a poser', 'you are just another Fed tard pretending you like Nole' ... oh boy, so PMs I got were nasty. Same thing with all 'tard bases' on the net I guess.

Then I said today on MTF that Murray was pushing against Verdasco like there was no tomorrow .... push, push, push ... he was so passive ... I didn't enjoy the match that much,  it was bellow the average ... Then Muzza tards jumped on me trying to explain how 'this' was the best tennis match in tennis history   :rofl_2:(remind you you can see how old is a member on MTF, most of Murray tards are Brits 17-22 yo), how I'm just a hater and Murray is a 'true number 1'.

pure entertainment.
It's fun to push a few buttons now and then.
It's even more fun to talk tennis with fellow tennis fans/players.
Sounds like you got it right Alex.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #784 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »
ah Sid, Fawlty Towers, one of my favorite shows of all time  :)). Love Basil.

I'm happy Lug & Alex enjoyed the ministry of silly walks,orderves will be eaten @ once,that has to be one of the most funny lines ever from Fawlty Towers. :)) :))

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #785 on: July 04, 2013, 07:06:09 AM »
guys, don't get me wrong but some of your signatures are freaking HUGE. they take like a half of a page.

btw, are you guys aware that Fed will be playing both Gstaad and Hamburg (250 and 500 clay tournaments). What do you think?

Hamburg is obvious though, Tommy is there. They all have to go on a big lunch with their family.  :)~

Roger and Tommy again in doubles would be cool.  :gleam:

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Gawdblessya

• Tennis God
  • In the blink of an eye, the universe.
« Reply #786 on: July 04, 2013, 08:24:12 AM »
I'm at lunch & have time to take a quick look at the tennis - the Bryans down a set, but Bopana / Roger are down a break in the 2nd set.  I'd have liked to see this match through - no such luck!

And Bartoli has just beaten Flipkens in straights.  I hope Lisicki can play well & get through too.

In relation to the "fanboy" / tennis fan discussion,  presumably it is conceded that it is perfectly possible to be a "fanboy" and a tennis fan. Most sports attract fans of an individual or team & these can just as easily appreciate the sport as those who are less inclined to follow a favourite.  And why this "them" & "us" mentality?  Alex whilst I suspect you are having a bit of fun, you're right to point out the differentiation being made.   
Carpe Diem

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #787 on: July 04, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »
I'm at lunch & have time to take a quick look at the tennis - the Bryans down a set, but Bopana / Roger are down a break in the 2nd set.  I'd have liked to see this match through - no such luck!

And Bartoli has just beaten Flipkens in straights.  I hope Lisicki can play well & get through too.

In relation to the "fanboy" / tennis fan discussion,  presumably it is conceded that it is perfectly possible to be a "fanboy" and a tennis fan. Most sports attract fans of an individual or team & these can just as easily appreciate the sport as those who are less inclined to follow a favourite.  And why this "them" & "us" mentality?  Alex whilst I suspect you are having a bit of fun, you're right to point out the differentiation being made.
Agreed.

But, you must admit, when the top dogs drop, the fanboys lose interest and don't participate in the discussion.
The tennis fans are always in the discussion.
For whatever it's worth.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:12:15 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #788 on: July 04, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
So much fuss over Lisicki. Very off putting for me. Will be pulling for Radwanska. I like her anyway.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #789 on: July 04, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »
well, Babs mentioned 5 or 6 guys who he considers tennis fans ... he didn't call any names when he was talking about 'fanboys'. I can only assume he thinks I'm a fanboy as he didn't mention my name when he was talking about 'cool  tennis fans' :)~. too bad I'm not as cool as Babs  :gleam:.
You're one of the good 'fanboys'.
Sort of like Chris and Dallas.
You're a good sport and don't get all stupid and then crawl into your bubble when someone disagrees wid ewe.
If Emma didn't already have dibs on you I'd hit you up fo sho. ://
no, my feelings hurt. I want to be a part of 'Bab's gang'  :smartie:. OK, OK, I just BS and I like it  :wicked:.

seriously now, I just say things the way I see them. I got attacked on MTF by Nole tards for being 'too harsh' on Djokovic, when I was analyzing some of his matches. I'm not  kidding you. They were like, 'what kind a fan are you', 'you are a poser', 'you are just another Fed tard pretending you like Nole' ... oh boy, so PMs I got were nasty. Same thing with all 'tard bases' on the net I guess.

Then I said today on MTF that Murray was pushing against Verdasco like there was no tomorrow .... push, push, push ... he was so passive ... I didn't enjoy the match that much,  it was bellow the average ... Then Muzza tards jumped on me trying to explain how 'this' was the best tennis match in tennis history   :rofl_2:(remind you you can see how old is a member on MTF, most of Murray tards are Brits 17-22 yo), how I'm just a hater and Murray is a 'true number 1'.

pure entertainment.

Alex, we all know very well you don't like Murray as much as you pretend to like him. And also, while Andy did go a bit passive at times, he also took it to Verdasco many times in the last three sets. As big a fan you are of tennis as you claim, you have yet to grasp it. Next time try being objective. Verdaso played with no fear whereas Murray had a lot at stakes, so he had be cautious and couldn't afford to be as free. You have no idea the kind of slacks he gets every time he loses no matter where and to whom. Your boy never had to put up with that kind of negativity even in 2010 when he had the flattest year. One day you will grow up and see things from different perspectives. Also, don't be such a big judge when these guys are out there working their butt off to be at the top, while you are sitting idly behind the screen shooting blanks at these players. It doesn't make sense since we have no way of knowing what you do all day therefore, can't judge you. There's a difference between constructive criticism and plain criticism and you often resort to latter especially when it comes to Murray. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:58:40 AM by Emma »

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #790 on: July 04, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
So much fuss over Lisicki. Very off putting for me. Will be pulling for Radwanska. I like her anyway.

Aga seems like one of the nicest personalities of WTA but her game is too defensive for my taste. I cheer for Sabine, my WTA fave.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #791 on: July 04, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »

Aga seems like one of the nicest personalities of WTA but her game is too defensive for my taste. I cheer for Sabine, my WTA fave.

Lisicki does nothing for me. I want her to be gone.

I am not too hung up on personalities because I don't feel we get to see all sides of a person, therefore, I don't like to automatically conclude they are of good personalities.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
2013 ATP/WTA Grand Slam - Wimbledon June 24 - July 7
« Reply #792 on: July 04, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »
Oh Lord....anyone for the title besides Bartoli!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #793 on: July 04, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »
Oh Lord....anyone for the title besides Bartoli!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas, would you be a dear and cheer for Nole from the bottom of your heart?

Thanks!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #794 on: July 04, 2013, 09:13:19 AM »
Board is just humming with tennis talk over WTA and doubles matches. :\

B Bros on track now.
Paes and Radman looking good too.  Lots of smiles.

Nice to see them going the best of 5 in dubs! :))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:14:54 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #795 on: July 04, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »
Sabine smiling even after missed shots is such a joy to watch, even though I don't like the sight of Sabine missing shots.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #796 on: July 04, 2013, 09:46:28 AM »
B Bros drop the 4th 5-7, pushed to a 5th by the very creative shot-making of Vasselin and some great reflex volleys by Bopanna. :))
Just plain fun tennis to watch. :)
CONK da ball!!!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #797 on: July 04, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
Bopanna/vasselin just a game away from defeat..:(
Aga wins the 2nd set..GO aga..( my only fav. left in Wimby 2013  :( )
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #798 on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:35 AM »
 :applause:  GO B Bros!   :applause:

On to another slam final.
Simply amazing! :))

Hopefully Paes and the Radman will be their opponents.
Would be nice to see a rematch of 2012 Aussie Open final which Leander & Radek won.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #799 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
BP Lisicki!

And she BROKE! Now serving for the match!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:27:13 AM by August »