Author Topic: 2013 Wimbledon Wizard Contest (Final Results posted! )  (Read 2081 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: 2013 Wimbledon Wizard Contest (Final Results posted! )
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »
Litotes wins, Clay Death finishes second, ashwin#1 in third!

Nobody got the bonus questions exactly correct, but several came close to the high amount of breaks, with Litotes and Babblelot close for both players.  Congratulations Litotes (Markus) and well done to everyone!

Murray returned phenomenally well, winning almost 50% of the return points and breaking Djokovic 7 times. Djokovic was forced out of his normal baseline game, coming to the net 52 times, 15 more than Murray, and attempted many more dropshots, in an effort to close out points, probably due to some fatigue left over from the Del Potro match.  Unfortunately for Djokovic, his execution when doing so was not good enough.  Too many drop shots sat up for Murray winners, and not enough net points were converted to make a difference.

Congratulations to Andy Murray and his fans, and condolences to Novak Djokovic and his fans. Well done to both players!

I think many were getting a hang of the game by the end.  Thanks for playing!
Awards and interviews to follow (when I can corner Litotes and Clay Death :)) ).

Respectfully,
masterclass

Holy s**t! I got 12.

Nice write up, too. Made the match sound interesting though I know it wasn't having already read through the match thread :laugh-bounce:

Okay, next stop Queens, NY!

Thanks for running this and congrats to Markus!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:39:52 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
Re: 2013 Wimbledon Wizard Contest (Final Results posted! )
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
Many thanks to the organizer! One thing I missed here was his participation. I feel it should be possible to enter yourself when making these kinds of contests. I hope to see that in US Open.
Otherwise I'm astonished to have done so well in a tournament that rarely failed to surprise me. Not the last couple of days, though. I anticipated a Murray victory over Djokovic in the final. But it was not the SF and F rounds that made my victory, it was the early rounds and in particular the bonus questions, where I was more fortunate than my worthy adversaries. I doubt the bonus questions will be as forthcoming next time around,  but I'll certainly try my best!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »
Many thanks to the organizer! One thing I missed here was his participation. I feel it should be possible to enter yourself when making these kinds of contests. I hope to see that in US Open.
Otherwise I'm astonished to have done so well in a tournament that rarely failed to surprise me. Not the last couple of days, though. I anticipated a Murray victory over Djokovic in the final. But it was not the SF and F rounds that made my victory, it was the early rounds and in particular the bonus questions, where I was more fortunate than my worthy adversaries. I doubt the bonus questions will be as forthcoming next time around,  but I'll certainly try my best!
You must have cashed in big on the betting then. :king: :king:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »

I did make a bet on Murray to win today, yes  :) Not big though, I am a cautious gambler.... and I didn't bet on the SFs, odds were too low for my taste. So cashing in big would be an overstatement. But I'm quite pleased nonetheless  :))

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
And here is your official 1st place award Markus!  Congratulations on your 1st place in the inaugural Wimbledon Wizard Contest here at Tennis4You!

I wish you could have some kind of monetary award to go with your certificate, but I'm not sure how we would do that.  Maybe somebody can come up with a suggestion for that.   I'll PM you a copy as well.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Re: 2013 Wimbledon Wizard Contest (Final Results posted! )
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
And here is your official 1st place award Markus!  Congratulations on your 1st place in the inaugural Wimbledon Wizard Contest here at Tennis4You!

I wish you could have some kind of monetary award to go with your certificate, but I'm not sure how we would do that.  Maybe somebody can come up with a suggestion for that.   I'll PM you a copy as well.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Nice touch!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »
Clay Death worked hard for his runner-up achievement and pushed Litotes to the end and he gets this award.
Congratulations General!

Respectfully,
masterclass

Legends of Tennis

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

I did make a bet on Murray to win today, yes  :) Not big though, I am a cautious gambler.... and I didn't bet on the SFs, odds were too low for my taste. So cashing in big would be an overstatement. But I'm quite pleased nonetheless  :))
Fair enough!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
Ashwin#1 started a bit slowly but hung in there and fought hard to grab 3rd place

Well done!

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

You're welcome Markus.  I had thought about participating myself, but I thought it seemed rather cheesy to be formulating questions and then answering them.  But if nobody minds, I guess I could throw in some answers.  But it will remain unofficial.   I won't award myself. :)

I'm sure you will do well in future contests.  You seem to have the hang of it.  More posters participating would help make the contest more exciting, I think.  Don't worry about your post tournament interview.  :)) :))  I think you said about everything I was going to ask.

Again, well done, and thanks for playing!

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2013, 05:13:43 PM »
great game mc, too bad I didn't see it earlier. Gratz winners  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2013, 05:36:08 PM »
Litotes wins, Clay Death finishes second, ashwin#1 in third!

Nobody got the bonus questions exactly correct, but several came close to the high amount of breaks, with Litotes and Babblelot close for both players.  Congratulations Litotes (Markus) and well done to everyone!

Murray returned phenomenally well, winning almost 50% of the return points and breaking Djokovic 7 times. Djokovic was forced out of his normal baseline game, coming to the net 52 times, 15 more than Murray, and attempted many more dropshots, in an effort to close out points, probably due to some fatigue left over from the Del Potro match.  Unfortunately for Djokovic, his execution when doing so was not good enough.  Too many drop shots sat up for Murray winners, and not enough net points were converted to make a difference.

Congratulations to Andy Murray and his fans, and condolences to Novak Djokovic and his fans. Well done to both players!

I think many were getting a hang of the game by the end.  Thanks for playing!
Awards and interviews to follow (when I can corner Litotes and Clay Death :)) ).

Respectfully,
masterclass

:)) :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »
Ashwin#1 started a bit slowly but hung in there and fought hard to grab 3rd place

Well done!

Respectfully,
masterclass

Nice trophy!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »
Clay Death worked hard for his runner-up achievement and pushed Litotes to the end and he gets this award.
Congratulations General!

Respectfully,
masterclass

wow. fantastic trophy general masterclass.

general markus is a fierce warrior. very formidable on the battlefield.

congrats to him for a well deserved victory.

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2013, 03:47:39 AM »

Well done!

Respectfully,
masterclass

:D..It was a fun event..Looking forward to the US open & its Contest...i am not much of a predicter, though i usually predict my low marks in exam correctly.. :)~ :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Congrats to Markus & CD.

btw..should i change my username to ashwin#3 or what ???  :)~ :)~ :)) :))
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »
 :)) :))