Author Topic: Rafael Nadal must consider grass future after Wimbledon - Becker  (Read 289 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Very good analysis By Becker and it makes sense.

http://www.agomke.com/sport/0/tennis/23040937

"If you have a knee problem, grass is the worst surface. Hard courts are not as bad because you have a firm position, you can put your foot down and stand up to hit the ball - the bounce is higher so you don't have to bend as low. I wouldn't worry about Nadal playing on hard courts or indoors, but I always thought grass was an issue. 

If most have by now noticed, Nadal has problems while on natural surfaces.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
Re: Rafael Nadal must consider grass future after Wimbledon - Becker
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:40:16 AM »
Can anyone remember a player who avoided grass due to injury concerns but played everything else? No name comes to mind for me. Sure, I remember some players skipping the grass season, but that was always because they sucked terribly on grass. I've never seen it happen to a formerly successful grass player.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:06:57 AM »
Very good analysis By Becker and it makes sense.

http://www.agomke.com/sport/0/tennis/23040937

"If you have a knee problem, grass is the worst surface. Hard courts are not as bad because you have a firm position, you can put your foot down and stand up to hit the ball - the bounce is higher so you don't have to bend as low. I wouldn't worry about Nadal playing on hard courts or indoors, but I always thought grass was an issue. 

If most have by now noticed, Nadal has problems while on natural surfaces.

negative.

next.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:12:42 AM »
Sure it's soft and comfy on the knees and not much of an issue for a club player.  However, the instability and uncertainty at the pace of the pro game must be challenging.  Especially for those who espouse playing long east/west points.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »
i read somewhere that Lendl skipped Grass season as he was allergic to grass & 2 days later, he was found playing golf.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

i think i read this a long time ago on the Wimbledon 2009 mobile game. :)) :))
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 07:06:23 AM »
i read somewhere that Lendl skipped Grass season as he was allergic to grass & 2 days later, he was found playing golf:rofl_2: :rofl_2:

:rofl_2:   

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
i read somewhere that Lendl skipped Grass season as he was allergic to grass & 2 days later, he was found playing golf.  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

It's true!  Lendl was my favorite back then.  At first he though he couldn't win Wimbledon and really didn't give it is all.  Then he went just the opposite.  He even gave up playing the French one year to concentrate on winning Wimbledon (and he was good on the clay)! He still didn't win Wimbledon.  It was his obsession to win that tournament.  That's why (with him being my favorite), I hated the Wimbledon time of the year because I knew Lendl couldn't win it.  He got to the finals but just couldn't make it over the hump.  It's amazing how my least favorite tournament became my favorite with just different players! :rofl_2:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »

It's true!  Lendl was my favorite back then.  At first he though he couldn't win Wimbledon and really didn't give it is all.  Then he went just the opposite.  He even gave up playing the French one year to concentrate on winning Wimbledon (and he was good on the clay)! He still didn't win Wimbledon.  It was his obsession to win that tournament.  That's why (with him being my favorite), I hated the Wimbledon time of the year because I knew Lendl couldn't win it.  He got to the finals but just couldn't make it over the hump.  It's amazing how my least favorite tournament became my favorite with just different players! :rofl_2:
Such is the life of 'player' fans.
It's not really about tennis, but how well their fav performs and on what surface.
CONK da ball!!!