Author Topic: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats  (Read 8125 times)

Offline DrJules

• Tennis Player
Re: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
Cannot see beyond Djokovic or Murray.

Del Potro is probably the best outside bet, but would be shocked if anybody else wins.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
it is even possible for nole to get knocked out early this time around. I think that probability is higher than usual at the moment.

he is going to find himself under considerable pressure there.

that may create an opportunity for somebody else to be in the final.

we will just have to see how it all plays out.

I got andy murray for the title there.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2013, 03:33:17 PM »
it is even possible for nole to get knocked out early this time around. I think that probability is higher than usual at the moment.

he is going to find himself under considerable pressure there.

that may create an opportunity for somebody else to be in the final.

we will just have to see how it all plays out.

I got andy murray for the title there.

is it possible for you to stop BS and maybe explain why it's 'possible' ... as far as I know Djokovic reached finals of last few slams.

just because you wish something, it doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

have a nice day with that clown of yours. oh yeah, here he is

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2013, 04:59:22 PM »
I got DelPo doing great there.

I think Nole will win it, as CD says I always pick Nole.

But I did put Fed as the winner at the MTF FITD game. (and got burned).   :rofl_2:

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »
I can't see Del Po winning it. He's too inconsistent. Even when he was making a good run at Wimbledon, in the semis Djoker was doing his best to lose and Del Po still couldn't take it.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2013, 08:16:54 PM »
I can't see Del Po winning it. He's too inconsistent. Even when he was making a good run at Wimbledon, in the semis Djoker was doing his best to lose and Del Po still couldn't take it.

Nole hasn't played very well lately even though he didn't drop a set till the semis.

Not sure what's up with him so will have to see what happens.

DelPo is up and down but he has had a lot of problems coming from nowhere, the latest was the hyperextended knee but that looks to be not serious.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »
Yeah, if Del Po's on, he can beat anybody. He's shown that. But ever since his wrist injury, I've never seen him be on for an entire slam tournament, and he's become too defensive recently, which is ludicrous since he doesn't have very good movement. He should stick to what he's good at: thumping the ball like crazy.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »
del potro is a future top 4 in the world.

he is just that talented.

the new order at the end of next year might look like this:

1. murray
2. nadal
3. nole
4. del potro

or it might look like this:

1. nadal
2. murray
3. nole
4. del potro

this assumes that nadal will make a huge push to get more fit and prepare a little better for slams for 2014. I think this win by murray will inspire him to hit the courts in the off season pretty damn hard.

the game is simply too demanding. nobody can dominate all the time. they will take turns dominating.

that is my guess anyway.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2013, 09:06:41 PM »
It's interesting how Herc somehow ranks Djokovic as #3 in all of his lists. also he conveniently places Rafa and Muzza above Nole all the time.

Herc, maybe you should pay attention who is actually the best/most consistent player in the world. It would help you out to be more realistic.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:07:37 PM by Alex »

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
Nadal will almost undoubtedly be #1 by the end of the year. He now has zero points to defend. Murray and Djoker have a lot to lose. Nadal can only go up.

And Del Po HAS to get more consistent and stop being such a boring pusher if he wants to break the Top 4.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
Nadal will almost undoubtedly be #1 by the end of the year. He now has zero points to defend. Murray and Djoker have a lot to lose. Nadal can only go up.

And Del Po HAS to get more consistent and stop being such a boring pusher if he wants to break the Top 4.
probably the stupidest thing I read on this board. try to learn the difference between the race and actual rankings and how they work. when you learn it, get back to me.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:40 PM »
I know exactly how the rankings work. Hence the very next thing I said. If you bothered to read anything you might have saved yourself from sounding like an idiot.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »

I don't think so. In the race Nadal now leads but we are going onto HC season.

Here's the present race.

1  Rafael Nadal ESP 7010

2  Novak Djokovic SRB 6230

3  Andy Murray GBR 5160

4  David Ferrer ESP 4440

Djokovic should be able to make up 780 points.

Then we have the WTF, Nadal wants this one badly but just can't get over the hump.
Djokovic should do much better here also.

Besides that Murray may pass Nadal as well if he keeps his form.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
I'm not talking about the Race, though. I'm talking actual rankings. Murray and Djoker have a lot to defend. Nadal has absolutely nothing. And we still have 4 Masters events, the USO, and the WTF, and a ton of 500 events. If I recall correctly, Nadal has only won 2 of those so far, so he still has 2 more he can add to his year. All that has to happen is Nadal has to win a few of the Master's, put in a decent run at the USO and WTF, and have Djoker upset a round or two earlier than he did last year and Nadal will take the number 1 from him.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
I know exactly how the rankings work. Hence the very next thing I said. If you bothered to read anything you might have saved yourself from sounding like an idiot.
do you actually realize that Nadal played only one tournament outside of clay this year (IW)? do you realize that Rafa did sh!t outside of clay in last 3 years? Do you realize that Kneedull is getting owned outside of clay and he has never accomplished anything in the second part of the year except winning the USO 2010 being completely doped ...serving 130 Mph, which he never served before or after that tournament?  duh.

another silent ban is just awaiting around the corner. Nadal can win only when he is on drugs. Everybody knows it.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2013, 10:08:17 PM »
I'm not talking about the Race, though. I'm talking actual rankings. Murray and Djoker have a lot to defend. Nadal has absolutely nothing. And we still have 4 Masters events, the USO, and the WTF, and a ton of 500 events. If I recall correctly, Nadal has only won 2 of those so far, so he still has 2 more he can add to his year. All that has to happen is Nadal has to win a few of the Master's, put in a decent run at the USO and WTF, and have Djoker upset a round or two earlier than he did last year and Nadal will take the number 1 from him.

OK, Here's the rankings.

1  Novak Djokovic SRB 12310

2  Andy Murray GBR 9360

3  David Ferrer ESP 7120

4  Rafael Nadal ESP 6860

5  Roger Federer SUI 5785

Nadal's 5,450 points behind Djokovic.

Nole has quite a cushion.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
do you actually realize that Nadal played only one tournament outside of clay this year (IW)? do you realize that Rafa did sh!t outside of clay in last 3 years? Do you realize that Kneedull is getting owned outside of clay and he has never accomplished anything in the second part of the year except winning the USO 2010 being completely doped ...serving 130 Mph, which he never served before or after that tournament?  duh.

another silent ban is just awaiting around the corner. Nadal can win only when he is on drugs. Everybody knows it.

Yes, I do realize that. Guess what? He won IW. Really? Winning Wimbledon and the USO in 2010, making the finals of Wimbledon and the USO in 2011, making the finals of the AO in 2012 is doing terrible? Dang. You have high standards. Never accomplished anything in the second part of the year besides 2010? He's won Canada a couple times, he's won Shanghai. He consistently does well at the USO (maybe he hasn't won it any other year, but the semis in 08 and 09, and the finals in 2011 is still doing well). He also usually at least makes the quarters of all the post-Wimby masters, a lot of those times getting to the semis or even the finals as well.

OK, Here's the rankings.

2  Andy Murray GBR 9360

3  David Ferrer ESP 7120

4  Rafael Nadal ESP 6860

True. Nole does have quite a cushion. But he also has a piss-ton to defend (winning Canada, Shanghai, and the WTF and the finals at Cincy and the USO), which he is ill-suited to do considering his play as of late. Nadal, on the other hand, as I said, has absolutely nothing to defend.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »

Yes, I do realize that. Guess what? He won IW. Really? Winning Wimbledon and the USO in 2010, making the finals of Wimbledon and the USO in 2011, making the finals of the AO in 2012 is doing terrible? Dang. You have high standards. Never accomplished anything in the second part of the year besides 2010? He's won Canada a couple times, he's won Shanghai. He consistently does well at the USO (maybe he hasn't won it any other year, but the semis in 08 and 09, and the finals in 2011 is still doing well). He also usually at least makes the quarters of all the post-Wimby masters, a lot of those times getting to the semis or even the finals as well.

OK, Here's the rankings.

2  Andy Murray GBR 9360

3  David Ferrer ESP 7120

4  Rafael Nadal ESP 6860

True. Nole does have quite a cushion. But he also has a piss-ton to defend (winning Canada, Shanghai, and the WTF and the finals at Cincy and the USO), which he is ill-suited to do considering his play as of late. Nadal, on the other hand, as I said, has absolutely nothing to defend.

It should be interesting and fun to see if Nadal can close the gap.

I'll be watching my players as well as a few others.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
I am definitely excited for this year's USO. I'm interested in seeing the wrath of Fed and Rafa (I'm sure they'll have something to prove), I'm excited to see whether the Bryan Bros can make history by completing the CYGS, and I always enjoy watching the young Americans at bat in the USO. Maybe Jack Sock can make a run this year. Plus, I always like watching Gasquet and Nishikori, and I don't get many opportunities to watch them besides at the USO.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 11:13:48 PM »
nadal doesn't have to do a damn thing except snatch the next 2 RG crowns.

that will put him at #2 all time in terms of slams. not bad for a guy who cant play and is almost always injured.

you guys can cry about the rankings all you like. nobody gives a damn about the rankings when you are sitting on 12 slams or more.

slams is all that matters at that point.

and oh by the way. good luck trying to diminish his standing in history considering he has a winning record against ALL of the top guns.

the idiots at mtf are not smart enough to be his fans. and the  legless, spineless hate infested cowards there don't have to like him.

the world likes him and his place in history is secure. that is more than enough.

he has his immortality.