Author Topic: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats  (Read 4712 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Re: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »
Nadal is a doper.  It's the fact.

Murray is ugly and over rated. Djokovic got paid huge $$$$$$$$$$$ to lose to that ugly Scott. Nowadays everything can be sold. Shame on you Brits and shame on you cheap Serb.

Djokovic sold his soul to Devil. not interested in him any more.

Supporting Fed from now on. the only honest guy left on the tour.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:25:49 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 11:28:29 PM »

Murray is ugly and over rated. Djokovic got paid huge $$$$$$$$$$$ to lose to that ugly Scott. Nowadays everything can be sold. Shame on you Brits and shame on you cheap Serb.

He is damn honest and respects the game.

He would do better if he played with the other arm.  :rofl_2:

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:49 PM »
Eh, Fed's too much of a purist for me. If he hadn't been so stubborn and decided to modify his game plan against Nadal, maybe he'd have hit the big 20.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:17 PM »
Eh, Fed's too much of a purist for me. If he hadn't been so stubborn and decided to modify his game plan against Nadal, maybe he'd have hit the big 20.

He ran into Nadal at the French, not much he could do as Nadal is the king of clay.

He also is very stubborn, has winning game plans and changes them.
Against DelPo he had a good game plan but got cute and then tried to challenge DelPo's forehand. The rest is history.

He lost maybe three slams he could have won. But it doesn't matter, the records are there and can't be changed.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »
ah, it's just 3 more slams ... easy peasy .... Go Rog. USO2013, W2014 are must ... the 20th one... hm, you'd be surprised. I let you know later  :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:32 PM »
Sweet avatar General Alex.   :hysterical:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 11:42:04 PM »
well, what can I say? My hair and my nose look better than that thing in your avi, but hey, I don't judge   :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:43:34 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
well, what can I say? My hair and my nose look better than that thing in your avi, but hey, I don't judge   :rofl_2:

That guy in my picture can walk 50 miles in the desert, even Fed can't do that.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2013, 12:23:20 AM »

That guy in my picture can walk 50 miles in the desert, even Fed can't do that.
OK, you win here  :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:33 AM »
Love the avatar Alex :rofl_2:  you had to do that now Murray's going for the no1 spot  :whistle: .BTW did you have a avatar bet with another member ?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Love the avatar Alex :rofl_2:  you had to do that now Murray's going for the no1 spot  :whistle: .BTW did you have a avatar bet with another member ?
no, after that cowardish performance from Djokovic, I simply support Fed from now on. I'm done with Djokovic. As for Murray getting to #1, if he is consistent enough, he'll get there.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
folks watch out for del potro if some of the top guns stumble there. he is waiting in the wings.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »
Del Po might beat one of the Big 4, but I don't see him being consistent enough to win the tourney.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »
well del potro the tiger is plenty consistent. he is just not as consistent as somebody like nole on hard courts or nadal on clay.

these 2 are among the greatest baseliners ever. and now murray has closed the gap.

del potro can beat one of them but to beat 2 or 3 of them in the same tournament will be difficult.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2013, 01:17:08 AM »
He's really not consistent enough for slams. Not since his injury. As shown by blowing it against Chardy at the AO. And, after a great showing in IW, he then did nothing until Wimbledon. And even at Wimbledon, the way Nole was playing, he has no excuse losing that match.

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2013, 04:36:42 AM »
Here's my bold prediction:

At least one of the Big Four won't get to R4.

Nadal losing to Söderling was very much the only big upset loss in years for the Big Four in slams before last year. Otherwise they had always escaped from upset losses. If they couldn't raise up their game, then the opponents became too afraid to win a big name.

But during the last year, Rosol, Darcis, and Stakhovsky have showed the big names can't afford playing badly, even guys ranked lower than #100 can beat them when playing badly. And now the lower-ranked guys have the faith not to choke when they are winning a big name. Roger and Rafa have had upset losses recently and Murray was in trouble against Cilic and Verdasco on his way to USO and Wimby titles. Djokovic has been the most impressive in early rounds but he had the tough matches against Wawrinka at AO this year and against Seppi at RG last year. One of those guys won't make the R4 at USO, mark my words.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2013, 05:51:00 AM »

Well that's upto you to change fans Alex,i know Dallas would not become a turncoat with Roger for say (Djokovic or Murray) you say Nadal is a doper,thats not proven & you can't say that unless it's fact.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:07:23 AM by sid »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:19 AM »

Nadal losing to Söderling was very much the only big upset loss in years for the Big Four in slams before last year. Otherwise they had always escaped from upset losses. If they couldn't raise up their game, then the opponents became too afraid to win a big name.

But during the last year, Rosol, Darcis, and Stakhovsky have showed the big names can't afford playing badly, even guys ranked lower than #100 can beat them when playing badly. And now the lower-ranked guys have the faith not to choke when they are winning a big name. Roger and Rafa have had upset losses recently and Murray was in trouble against Cilic and Verdasco on his way to USO and Wimby titles. Djokovic has been the most impressive in early rounds but he had the tough matches against Wawrinka at AO this year and against Seppi at RG last year. One of those guys won't make the R4 at USO, mark my words.

Interesting  :) While it's hard to actually SEE this happening, it's a bold and interesting prediction. Djokovic also had a tough time against Tsonga last year at the French, down a couple match points. Here's a follow-up question: do you think the top 4 are more susceptible to an upset by someone ranked low (like below top 50 like the Rosols, Darcis etc) or will one of the second tier of people step up - the Berdychs, Cilics, Tsongas etc.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:21 AM »
Del Po has too many issues with injuries to really stay consistent and make it to #1 in the rankings. He could win another slam but his body breaks down more than anyone on the top 10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »

Interesting  :) While it's hard to actually SEE this happening, it's a bold and interesting prediction. Djokovic also had a tough time against Tsonga last year at the French, down a couple match points. Here's a follow-up question: do you think the top 4 are more susceptible to an upset by someone ranked low (like below top 50 like the Rosols, Darcis etc) or will one of the second tier of people step up - the Berdychs, Cilics, Tsongas etc.

I think the reasons for big names losing on R1/2 or in QF are different. The QF opponents (or some R16 opponents like Stan vs. Nole @ AO) usually can beat anybody in a good day and big names may lose even if they are playing well.

On the other hand, R1-3 opponents should be easily beatable for the big names. The big names usually need to be playing badly to lose those matches. But their form is bad more likely on the 1st week than on the 2nd week. They'll improve as the tournament goes on, if only they get past the first rounds.

I'd say R3 & R4 are the least upset-prone rounds. The big names have found their form and are playing players they should be able to routine.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports