Author Topic: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats  (Read 6739 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2013, 11:18:08 AM »
Come the USO if (& I say if) Djokovic or Murray was 2 win this,would thay be the best hardcourt tennis player ATM? I know Roger & Nadal could have somthing to say on this,maybe Potty 2,if 100%.Where would thay rank on a hardcourt after the USO?

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
Nadal wouldn't have anything to say about it. He can't compare to Roger or Nole on HCs. At least not by resume.

I don't think Murray would have an argument. Assuming he did win it, 2 USOs compared to 4 AOs and 1 USO (Nole) or 4 AOs and 5 USOs (Fed)? Definitely doesn't stand up.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
Come the USO if (& I say if) Djokovic or Murray was 2 win this,would thay be the best hardcourt tennis player ATM? I know Roger & Nadal could have somthing to say on this,maybe Potty 2,if 100%.Where would thay rank on a hardcourt after the USO?

If Nole won USO, it'd be very clear he'd be the best HC player ATM, as he'd have both HC slam titles.

Otherwise it'd be harder to say.

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »

If Nole won USO, it'd be very clear he'd be the best HC player ATM, as he'd have both HC slam titles.

Otherwise it'd be harder to say.

I would also have to go with Djokovic if he wins the USO,if neither Djokovic or Murray won then i would have to have a re-think.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »
I sense that nole finds himself under some pressure now.

for that reason I think he may exit by the semis.

translation: we may not have a andy vs nole final. just a wild guess here but we will see.

this surface is just right for andy and now he knows he belongs at the top. that feeling and momentum is going to work for andy at flushing meadows.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2013, 12:28:18 AM »
Andy is riding high right about now, his game looks good and we also have a few HC masters coming up.

I expect Nole to be ready and Nadal, Fed will not lie down either.

All four of these players have quite a bit on the line and will be ready for war.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »
I don't give a damn about nadal at the u.s. open.

in fact I am hoping he loses in the first 2 rounds. it will save the damn knee at least.

he has clay to dominate next year. that is enough.

you keep worrying about nole beating nadal. it is not going to happen anytime soon.

but if you can wait until the clay season, you can watch nadal add to those 20 wins over nole.

I expect nadal to win the next 3-4 outings.

hard courts are out for nadal now.  knee is in really bad shape. he cant move all that well.

I know the damn fool is on the hard courts right now in Mallorca but he is wasting his time and he is damaging his knee.

this is why it is best that he loses in the first 2 rounds at the open. I am more worried about his health and his longevity in the sport.

you worry about finding somebody to beat nadal.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »

I'm not Nadal's fan at all but no one wants bad things to happen to the guy.

I'm not a fan of his gamemanship and will say so, you better live with that, it won't change.

Don't bring up all the hate stuff, it has nothing to do with it.
You have to learn that and it's a damn slow process to put it mildly.

Some are happy he's out of the draw, so what?
It gives their player a better chance.

Some say bad things about my players, do you see me say they are just filled with hate and jealousy?

Do I tell them that they should run to MTF countless times with that kind of talk?

You're the only one that does it, posters don't like that, it's boring, repetitive and not true.

And don't worry about my reasons or what you think my reasons are, what I want or what you think I want.

Just talk tennis and you'll be better off with less problems.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »
Herc not giving crap about Nadal at the USO is pure crap btw. Let's watch Rafa on clay only. Piggy loves his dirt and God forbid uncle Toni can't teach him what 'indoor tennis' means. oh boy, too funny ...

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »
I want to see Jerzy vs Nadal at US.  ://

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, it would be a very interesting match.
What round would be the earliest they could meet?

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2013, 11:05:17 AM »

R4. Janowicz is ranked 17 and will not go below 24 even if he does very poorly in the events before USO as he has little to defend. And Nadal will obviously not go below 8.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
Nadal will almost undoubtedly be #1 by the end of the year. He now has zero points to defend. Murray and Djoker have a lot to lose. Nadal can only go up.

Almost undoubtedly #1? I have to disagree. Djokovic is favourite to do better than him in every remaining event, he will also most probably play more events, and he only has to outscore Nadal by 800 points to stay as #1 for the rest of the year.

Current odds for who is #1 at season end, courtesy of oddschecker:
Djokovic 1/8
Nadal 42/13
Murray 58/13

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
Nadal will almost undoubtedly be #1 by the end of the year. He now has zero points to defend. Murray and Djoker have a lot to lose. Nadal can only go up.

Almost undoubtedly #1? I have to disagree. Djokovic is favourite to do better than him in every remaining event, he will also most probably play more events, and he only has to outscore Nadal by 800 points to stay as #1 for the rest of the year.

Djokovic 1/8
Nadal 42/13
Murray 58/13
why bother to use any logic. tards will stay tards. I still can't believe that some people cant' get it right when it comes to race, rankings etc. My favorite part is 'defending points'  ;-()

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »

R4. Janowicz is ranked 17 and will not go below 24 even if he does very poorly in the events before USO as he has little to defend. And Nadal will obviously not go below 8.

Thanks Litotes.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 10:53:13 PM »

Djokovic 1/8
Nadal 42/13
Murray 58/13

I'm not talking about the Race, though. I've already said that. And I've mentioned that Nole has a lot to defend and Rafa has nothing multiple times. I'm obviously talking about the Rankings.

Djokovic 1/8
Nadal 42/13
Murray 58/13
why bother to use any logic. tards will stay tards. I still can't believe that some people cant' get it right when it comes to race, rankings etc. My favorite part is 'defending points'  ;-()

Really? Just shut up. I very clearly said I wasn't talking about the rankings. Trying to make me look like an idiot by taking what I say and twisting it? Why the heck so much animosity towards me?

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
Rafabud, why do you think I was talking about you? you recognized your name or something  :zipped:?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:07:59 PM by Alex »

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »

Djokovic 1/8
Nadal 42/13
Murray 58/13

I'm not talking about the Race, though. I've already said that. And I've mentioned that Nole has a lot to defend and Rafa has nothing multiple times. I'm obviously talking about the Rankings.

I'm not talking about the race either. These were odds for who'll finish the year ranked as #1, the same thing you talked about earlier. Here are updated ones:
Djokovic 1/7
Murray 79/16
Nadal 109/10

So it's now considered more likely that Murray will end the season #1 than Nadal, and much, much more likely that Djokovic will do it. This according to bookies. You may say they're wrong, but it's a very long way from that to claiming Nadal as #1 is almost a certainty.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
You said that Djoker is the favorite to do better than Nadal in every remaining event and said he only has to outscore him by 800 points, which is their difference in the race, to stay #1, so it sounded a lot like you were referring to the race.

Okay, I was wrong to say it was almost a certainty. But I would still say it has a higher probability, in my opinion, than Nole ending #1. He has way too many points to defend, with Rafa not having to do all that well to gain a ton of points since he has nothing to defend.

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2013, 08:12:12 AM »
You said that Djoker is the favorite to do better than Nadal in every remaining event and said he only has to outscore him by 800 points, which is their difference in the race, to stay #1, so it sounded a lot like you were referring to the race.

Okay, I was wrong to say it was almost a certainty. But I would still say it has a higher probability, in my opinion, than Nole ending #1. He has way too many points to defend, with Rafa not having to do all that well to gain a ton of points since he has nothing to defend.

Of course I said that, to have an opinion about YE#1 one needs to have an opinion as to how this years remaining tournaments will go. You're referring to everything Djokovic needs to defend. I've already discarded those points to make the comparison clearer. It is not necessary to do it piecemeal, everything Djokovic can no longer count after Paris can - for the sake of argument - be disregarded already. Which leaves Djokovic needing 800 points more than Nadal for the rest of the season to ensure he'll be ahead of him at YE.

If you still consider Nadal to have a high probability of ending #1 then by all means make a bet on it. You'll get more than ten times your money if you're right, that's a nice payday.