Author Topic: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Re: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »
I agree. Sure, if Djoker does better than Nadal in every tourney from here on out, no matter what, he'll be ahead of Nadal at YE. But just because you're the favorite to do better in every one doesn't mean it's going to happen. It doesn't even NECESSARILY mean it's likely that Djoker will do better than Nadal in every tournament from here on out. It means that if you look at each tournament individually, but you can't really do that. Djokovic has been having problems with his consistency recently, and Rafa has been rock solid (besides his slip up at Wimbledon). All it takes is for Rafa to do a little better in two or three big tournaments, and he'll overtake Nole.

I would, but I don't bet. Ever.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2013, 12:00:02 PM »
wake up man. Rafa does s**t in the second part of the year ... guys like Djokovic and Murray used to spank his ars back in 2007 on HC. stop dreaming.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2013, 10:28:03 PM »
2007. Wonderful frame of reference for 2013.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
my point is that he's done nothing lately during the second part of the season and I doubt he'll do anything this year based on history. Is he even playing in Canada this year?

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2013, 06:07:52 AM »
my point is that he's done nothing lately during the second part of the season and I doubt he'll do anything this year based on history. Is he even playing in Canada this year?

He's playing Canada but considering withdrawing from Cincinnatti.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2013, 10:58:08 PM »

sorry, but that's the lovely part. he is 'considering' it. is he OK, or not? are knees acting again? how can he know 1 month in advance that he'd be OK to play or not? what's wrong now? his pee pee is injured   :paper bag:.

I'm sorry but everything Nadal has done/said lately is too bizarre.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:56:39 PM by Alex »

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2013, 02:40:28 AM »

sorry, but that's the lovely part. he is 'considering' it. is he OK, or not? are knees acting again? how can he now 1 month in advance that he'd be OK to play or not? what's wrong now? his pee pee is injured   :paper bag:.

I'm sorry but everything Nadal has done/said lately is too bizarre.

I suppose he thinks he can play deep on one tournament but not two. So if Montreal goes well he's out of Cincy, but if it doesn't he might play.

Offline Fiero425

• Tennis Player
  • 56, retired sportsjunky, played and taught tennis
    • Children Of Rassilon - profile page
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
You got it all covered! This time of the year is so dicey for Rafa, it's hard to believe people think he can distinguish himself at this late stage in his career; esp. with nagging injuries! He can win everything and still fall short of taking over #1 with the lead Nole has! There's no pressure on Novak in the least from what I can tell! He takes his lumps without complaining and stays classy unlike others in the same position!
"What consequence are you now, this  planet, these people? The universe is power, pure unstoppable power; and I am that force, I am that power! Kneel before your Master! Fool; You Are No Longer My Equal! I AM More Than Man, More Than LIFE; I AM A GOD!" Skeletor to He-Man in Masters Of The Universe

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
Alex if Montreal goes well,some of the higher ranked players might pull out of Cincy,it's the smart move in todays game.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:05 PM »
Alex if Montreal goes well,some of the higher ranked players might pull out of Cincy,it's the smart move in todays game.
I hate to say this, but they might 'pull' or TANK. Cinci might be important to Djokovic to completer that 'master record' winning all of them.

I have a feeling Murray will win in Montreal this year.

Or, all it matters is the USO. don't know bud  :king:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2013, 05:26:14 AM »
Hence the carrot dangled by the U.S. Open Series. ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
I hate to say this, but they might 'pull' or TANK. Cinci might be important to Djokovic to completer that 'master record' winning all of them.

I have a feeling Murray will win in Montreal this year.

Or, all it matters is the USO. don't know bud  :king:

All it matters is the USO & Murray to defend his points. :gleam:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
they have too much money already (Nole, Muzza, Fed, Rafa) ...

I think they'll calculate depending  on how things go  (I'm not talking about money btw). I hate to say this but that's what they will all do.

Nole I think cares more about Cinci that he's never won than Rogers cup ...I'm still pretty sure that Djokovic tanked in both Rome and Madrid this year, getting all pumped up for RG.  He might tank in Canada to try his best in Cinci and complete his 'masters record' winning all of them.

Murray didn't do too well in Canada and Cinci last year. so he might give his best to gain points and try to go for #1. I also don't think 1% that Murray was 'injured' for RG. Murray pretty much sucks on clay. He ended up winning W, not bad  :).

Rafa can get to #1 too, he ls still leading the race but not by much. yet again, his second part of the season is never too good.

Fed is Fed. He'll try his best at the USO. Cinci will be like a training session for him. He is still getting used to that new racquet, but he's  always being so good in Cinci.

that's my 'conspiracy theory' for tonight   :king:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:39:18 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2013, 04:42:23 AM »
It must be tough for some players to prioritize which tourneys are most important to them and how to properly prepare.  Fed has done pretty well at that over the years.  I think with Llendl in his corner, Murray will improve in that department.  We've all seen the result of over-playing and poor scheduling.  I don't see anyone posing a serious threat to Nole or Andy at this time.  But my Predictor skills are nearly as poor as my 1HBH DTL pass. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
they have too much money already (Nole, Muzza, Fed, Rafa) ...

I think they'll calculate depending  on how things go  (I'm not talking about money btw). I hate to say this but that's what they will all do.

Nole I think cares more about Cinci that he's never won than Rogers cup ...I'm still pretty sure that Djokovic tanked in both Rome and Madrid this year, getting all pumped up for RG.  He might tank in Canada to try his best in Cinci and complete his 'masters record' winning all of them.

Murray didn't do too well in Canada and Cinci last year. so he might give his best to gain points and try to go for #1. I also don't think 1% that Murray was 'injured' for RG. Murray pretty much sucks on clay. He ended up winning W, not bad  :).

Rafa can get to #1 too, he ls still leading the race but not by much. yet again, his second part of the season is never too good.

Fed is Fed. He'll try his best at the USO. Cinci will be like a training session for him. He is still getting used to that new racquet, but he's  always being so good in Cinci.

that's my 'conspiracy theory' for tonight   :king:

Hi Alex,Murray didn't do too well in Canada last year but don't forget it switches where it's played.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:09 PM »
Hey Sido bro. Well, it does go from Montreal to Toronto but same type of courts. It shouldn't really matter. anyway, Muzza can gain some big points in Canada and Cinci and get closer to Nole.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
On the bbc Murray said he's after more Slams,not the no1 spot,what people will make of that who knows.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
On the bbc Murray said he's after more Slams,not the no1 spot,what people will make of that who knows.
well, all players are after slams but Muzza needs that numero uno to join all the greats. Murray knows it, what he says is irrelevant  :)~.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
Interesting that many of the top players are prioritizing tourneys, not just Nadal. I was rather surprised to see Fed not playing Canada. But Rafa has a luxury that the others don't have (rankings wise) in that he can't lose points. Makes the prioritizing a good bit easier.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:20 AM »
Interesting that many of the top players are prioritizing tourneys, not just Nadal. I was rather surprised to see Fed not playing Canada. But Rafa has a luxury that the others don't have (rankings wise) in that he can't lose points. Makes the prioritizing a good bit easier.
failed again, you don't understand rankings and the race. Lit or Slash are good at explaining this stuff. I just can't be bothered  :\

points drop, players gain whatever they win ... at the end of the year the race and actual rankings will match 100% ...