Author Topic: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats  (Read 6485 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: Flushing Meadows Corona Park Open Air 2013 U.S. Open Chats
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:55 AM »
On the bbc Murray said he's after more Slams,not the no1 spot,what people will make of that who knows.
well, all players are after slams but Muzza needs that numero uno to join all the greats. Murray knows it, what he says is irrelevant  :)~.

Murray already a great holding 2 Slams,what you've just said is irrelevant  :)~

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2013, 04:13:33 AM »
On the bbc Murray said he's after more Slams,not the no1 spot,what people will make of that who knows.
well, all players are after slams but Muzza needs that numero uno to join all the greats. Murray knows it, what he says is irrelevant  :)~.

Murray already a great holding 2 Slams,what you've just said is irrelevant  :)~
Sid, kiss my butt. how is weather in Scotland/England btw? shall we have a cup of tea  :rasta:  :)~? OK, I know what to ask you while we are having our tea. do you prefer Manchester United, Arsenal  or Liverpool? sorry, don't know anything about football but I picked this up from another board plus some of my Latin friends are crazy about it ... they go for hours about it ... they even made me watch football which we call soccer and only women are playing it in Canada (well, maybe some feminine guys too) :rofl_2:.

why would these guys chase that ball for hours and often can't score at all  is beyond me.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2013, 04:52:57 AM »
one does like a cup of tea :)~  i'm drinking a cup right now :rofl_2:  play football or soccer with vinnie jones then see if it's like playing with women.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (9/10) Movie CLIP - Eddie Loses Money Again (1998) HD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1236867/THAT-WAS-THE-SPORTING-WEEK-The-unsung-heroes-honoured-despite-lighting-Premier-League-started-.html

lol.

PS i'm a Chelsea fan,see you down the shed sometime :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:04:05 AM by sid »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »
Murray teaches Rafa English  :))
Funny! Basil gives Manuel a language lesson - Fawlty Towers - BBC

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »
Never heard of Fawlty towers. Is it a weekly show?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
Never heard of Fawlty towers. Is it a weekly show?
bud, it's an old English show and it's absolutely hilarious. It was made in mid/late 70s if I remember correctly.  go to you tube and just search for Fawlty Towers . you'll love it  :)). They don't make shows like that nowadays.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:17:38 PM by Alex »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »

Fawlty Towers is the absolute best TV ever. :thumbs-up: :worthy:

Dmas, I guess you and I are too old  :)). I have it on DVD. I watched it so many times, and it cracks me up every time  :rofl_2:
Fawlty Towers: Manuel's English - Comedy Greats - BBC

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »

Fawlty Towers is the absolute best TV ever. :thumbs-up: :worthy:

Dmas, I guess you and I are too old  :)). I have it on DVD. I watched it so many times, and it cracks me up every time  :rofl_2:
Fawlty Towers: Manuel's English - Comedy Greats - BBC

It was only two seasons unfortunately, but it was the best show on TV.... ever. Monty Python was great too. But Fawlty Towers beats them all.
It's hard to pick a best episode. All are great, but Gourmet Night has always been a favorite, followed by The Germans (both literally, the week after, and figuratively).
Season 1 was in 1975, Season 2 in 1979. I don't know why it too so long to do a second season, but there is no let down in season 2. It's just as funny.
An immortal scene from Gourmet Night:
Basil Fawlty beats his car - Fawlty Towers - BBC

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2013, 07:09:29 PM »
As always, looking forward to another slam expecting dark horses to do good, as always :wicked:

If Wimbledon grass conditions don't improve to my liking, this just might become my favorite slam.
Yellow card to Wimbledon as of now.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! GOING TO THE US OPEN FINAL!!!!!!  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My first live pro match! w00t! And with Nadal playing so well, there's a chance I'll be getting to see him play!

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2013, 04:20:51 AM »
w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! GOING TO THE US OPEN FINAL!!!!!!  :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My first live pro match! w00t! And with Nadal playing so well, there's a chance I'll be getting to see him play!

Sounds great!!! Good luck to Nadal.  :king:

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:17 AM »

Congrats!  :)) Hope you'll get to see a great match!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2013, 10:22:38 AM »

wooohoo !!!! Hope we get a cracking final this year !!! ://  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:23:39 AM by ashwin#1 »
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »
Will Federer be seeded number 5 for the US Open? I dont remember how Ferrer did at cinci last year.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
Will Federer be seeded number 5 for the US Open? I dont remember how Ferrer did at cinci last year.
Yes,  unfortunately Fed will be seeded number 5 at the USO no matter what happens in Cinci.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
That's crazy. It seems that if that's the case, he wouldn't have skipped Montreal. Unless he wants to be 5th for some odd reason.

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
That's crazy. It seems that if that's the case, he wouldn't have skipped Montreal. Unless he wants to be 5th for some odd reason.
I don't think Fed is focused on rankings atm. He's been always smart with his scheduling. He tried to gain some points by playing two smaller  tournaments on clay after W. I actually think that it was more about testing his new racquet than points but I'm not sure.

The problem is we might have that situation again .... Murray, Rafa and Fed on one side of the draw and Nole on the other one. Or, we might have Nole, Rafa and Fed on one side and Murray on the other one ... Ferrer, unfortunately is a non factor at slams. He can def. anyone but when he bumps in one of the big 4 he is toasted. Everyone knows it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:21:38 PM by Alex »

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »
Yes,  unfortunately Fed will be seeded number 5 at the USO no matter what happens in Cinci.

Okay, thanks for the info

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
I don't think Fed is focused on rankings atm. He's been always smart with his scheduling. He tried to gain some points by playing two smaller  tournaments on clay after W. I actually think that it was more about testing his new racquet than points but I'm not sure.

The problem is we might have that situation again .... Murray, Rafa and Fed on one side of the draw and Nole on the other one. Or, we might have Nole, Rafa and Fed on one side and Murray on the other one ... Ferrer, unfortunately is a non factor at slams. He can def. anyone but when he bumps in one of the big 4 he is toasted. Everyone knows it.

completely agreed.