Author Topic: Murray and Djokovic Killed Tennis  (Read 5575 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Murray and Djokovic Killed Tennis
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
I saw that the global ratings were down for this final but remember the "global" masses do not really know Murray or Novak. It's like golf on a Sunday without Tiger! Ratings go down. Love him or hate him - people watch him. Same with tennis. Love or hate Roger - people watch him. The final Sunday didn't have a "global marque" name to help the ratings out. America especially needs Federer, or Nadal, or an American to really pull the ratings in. I haven't checked the women's rating but  I am sure that final was wayyyy down with the names we had in that final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Murray and Djokovic Killed Tennis
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »
it was just espn which means mostly americans.

so the ratings were not accurate.

also the digital content has skyrocketed globally. millions and millions now follow these slams digitally from their computers, cell phones, and the like.

finally it is impossible the approach the standard of roger and nadal. just look at their facebook and twitter followers alone. they are among the most popular athletes of all time.

so you are talking 8 slams compared to almost 30. contrasting styles also goes into it.

8 for andy and nole and 29 for nadal and roger.

Offline DrJules

• Tennis Player
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
Both Djokovic and Murray play tennis with its foundations based on their exceptional defense resulting from the quality of their balance and movement.

Neither player is a good enough attacking player to hit through the other players defense, so their matches become survival events.

If either went on the attack they would lose like nearly every other player does to these 2 players these days.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
Both Djokovic and Murray play tennis with its foundations based on their exceptional defense resulting from the quality of their balance and movement.

Neither player is a good enough attacking player to hit through the other players defense, so their matches become survival events.

If either went on the attack they would lose like nearly every other player does to these 2 players these days.
kinda agree and disagree here with you ... Djokovic back in 2007/08 was a beast, very aggressive but he has changed for worse. I don't know why. I still think that he would've never lost to Murray with his old 'game style'.

no fire in his game any more. I'm really missing it. too passive. Give me Old Djokovic back  :gleam:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:57:50 PM by Alex »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

excellent post.
you are 100% spot on.

these legless and spineless chimps from mtf don't really get that dr jules. and looks like we have one or 2 here that don't get it.

one other point of note: andy is a very bright chap. he knows and understands that he has to "bring it to the top guns". that is easier said than done so he does the best he can.

his forehand holds him back a little bit otherwise I think we would be see a little more aggressive andy murray.

that being said, aggression doesn't really help you win slams these days on the average.

roger is the ultimate gold standard in terms of aggression and all court attacking type tennis. and yet he has lost slams to nadal on all surfaces. in fact he is 10-20 against a guy who has made a career out of playing high percentage tennis.

both andy and nole are playing the game at its highest level. this is the future of tennis. now nadal is being left behind but that is because he doesn't want to put in the hard yards anymore. these guys are waging war on the court exactly as they should and exactly as they have to. there is no other way as you have so correctly pointed out.

I said at mtf fully 3 years ago that andy and nole were the future of tennis and nobody believed me. in fact they laughed at nole and andy. they could not insult and attack andy and nole enough there.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2013, 03:55:48 PM »
blah
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:58:54 PM by Alex »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
When your logic is faulty, resort to insults.

I'm going bass fishing.
More variety than the ATP at the moment. :)~

MT
CONK da ball!!!

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
Hunting, shut the fu*ck up. You don't know what you are talking about. All you know is Rafa, Rafa ... so, don't try to sell me this sh!t.

Nadal and you should prey to Doping Gods ... at least Nole and Murray are clean. RAFA IS A DOPER. Everyone knows it. it's the biggest secret out there. I loved young Rafa, I lost all of my respect for him. It's everywhere, only blind people can't see it.

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Doping,-Tennis,-Nadal---Connection-.aspx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22409004

knees my ars ... he is a cheater.... Armstrong got caught, Nadal will be too if there is any justice left in this world ...

I'm talking tennis and the failure in your analysis concerning Djoko and you come up with this?

It's no my problem you are a lonely men that cook for himself and only has tennis boards for companionship. When you are ready to discuss tennis without using words like "Novak was a beast blah blah" or "ultra-agressive blah blah" then we can engage each other as civilized people. Otherwise, enjoy your pitiful threads and insults to a great like Rafa. In the other I enjoy Murray winning Wimbledon finally....I'm happy for him and satisfy with the sport. Peace out!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
we cant go back folks.

same fools at mtf were crying about variety when roger was winning 17 slams. obviously roger fans were happy with the state of the game but the others there were crying about the surfaces. they said roger was winning because of the surface and because there was no variety on the tour.

here is the new reality:

1. the faster the surface the greater the probability that you can't go in at all. that is the nature of the runaway speed of the game.

2. you cant volley what you cant see.  so why would you go in.

3. one handed backhand is a primitive tool at best

4. the slice is useless except when absolutely necessary

excessive aggression may not pay the mortgage but high percentage tennis will.

its about winning matches. all other stats and observations are useless.

the greatest reality of them all: the battle has to be waged from the backcourt or not at all. those who do it best will dominate and win slams.

llodra or mahut might win a match here and there or even a small tournament by serving and volleying once in a blue moon but they are not beating the top players at slams.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
Hunting, shut the fu*ck up. You don't know what you are talking about. All you know is Rafa, Rafa ... so, don't try to sell me this sh!t.

Nadal and you should prey to Doping Gods ... at least Nole and Murray are clean. RAFA IS A DOPER. Everyone knows it. it's the biggest secret out there. I loved young Rafa, I lost all of my respect for him. It's everywhere, only blind people can't see it.

http://www.tennisnow.com/News/Doping,-Tennis,-Nadal---Connection-.aspx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22409004

knees my ars ... he is a cheater.... Armstrong got caught, Nadal will be too if there is any justice left in this world ...

I'm talking tennis and the failure in your analysis concerning Djoko and you come up with this?

It's no my problem you are a lonely men that cook for himself and only has tennis boards for companionship. When you are ready to discuss tennis without using words like "Novak was a beast blah blah" or "ultra-agressive blah blah" then we can engage each other as civilized people. Otherwise, enjoy your pitiful threads and insults to a great like Rafa. In the other I enjoy Murray winning Wimbledon finally....I'm happy for him and satisfy with the sport. Peace out!

it is incredible really how low some people will stoop to try to get some attention.

what he is doing with all this attacking and insulting is not acceptable at this forum.

its really sad and pathetic when people start calling the greats of the sport "clay monkey", "cheaters", "dopers", "clowns" and the like.

they weaken their own position and of course they kill what little credibility they might have had.

I told these people to leave this kind of toxic trolling and insults and mindless hateful attacks on the players and posters to mtf and NOT HERE.

this is not the right forum for this nonsense.

I think the best course is as you suggest: it is time to stop dignifying the remarks of the blind hate riddled lost souls.

and what credibility do they have anyway? they know so little and they know it so fluently.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
DOPER he is. I was naive to like a young Rafa. He is garbage and the truth will prevail. The same doctor who was treating Armstrong was 'treating' Nadal. coincidence? I don't think so. The Mr. Doctor also treated the Spanish football team whey they won the world cup.
http://road.cc/content/news/82471-spanish-doctors-and-trainer-under-investigation-involvement-armstrong-doping

http://www.tennis-prose.com/bios/has-nadal-run-afoul-of-the-doping-laws/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:00:15 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
DOPER he is. I was naive to like a young Rafa. He is garbage and the truth will prevail.
http://road.cc/content/news/82471-spanish-doctors-and-trainer-under-investigation-involvement-armstrong-doping

That isn't proven but the cheating is and he has been fined one time and warned another time.

That was just when he was caught, that's the game he has.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:57 PM »
DOPER he is. I was naive to like a young Rafa. He is garbage and the truth will prevail.

That isn't proven but the cheating is and he has been fined one time and warned another time.

it's not proven but it will be at some point. Look how long it took to Armstrong to admit.
http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-armstrong-one.html

the problem is ... The ATP is hiding the facts. they did it with Agassi too. Rafa doesn't play for 7 months, then he comes back playing like a fresh daisy... give me a break.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »

it's not proven but it will be at some point. Look how long it took to Armstrong to admit.
http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-armstrong-one.html

the problem is ... The ATP is hiding the facts. they did it with Agassi too. Rafa doesn't play for 7 months, then he comes back playing like a fresh daisy... give me a break.

He was ready before the AO but pulled out with a virus in december, he said not enough time to prepare IIRC.

I think he should have played anyway and just tried to do his best.

The ATP would lose a ton of money if something like that came out and suspicion would effect how the public looks at all the players. I think they would hide it of true.

Didn't they cover up Agassi?

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
they covered up Agassi and they are covering Nadal right now. It's all over the net. you try to google 'Nadal' and you get that Spanish Doctor. They destroyed the evidence. It's pathetic.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
I see Alex is not taking the straight sets defeat very well. Otherwise I don't understand the sudden interest in putting Nadal down completely out of nowhere.

Calm down, Alex. Life is not over yet.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
Emma darling gratz again on your future hubby wining Wimbly  ;-()

Such a shame Henman didn't do it before him, but what da heck :)~

I miss Henman days  :Confused: :Confused:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
Well, Emma darling was always sure that the hubby darling was going to do it this time. Wifey clearly has much more faith in hubby than most here.  :)~

And I liked Henman but I never miss him. I do miss Sampras...a lot.

I see General Alex has run away as soon as he saw my post here...again. All this drama just to get my attention after all. He should be hanged this time and for good. I give General herc my full permission to do the job.
You are everything I am not.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 07:26:38 PM »
Hahaha

Yeah I miss Sampras too, but Henman was what Haas has been ever since I started following him. So many great memories tennis wise. So many sleepless nights.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
In terms of nostalgia I miss these players the most:

1.Henman
 2.Becker
 3.Sampras
 4.Safin
 5.Dent
 6.Stich
 7.Edberg
 8.Rafter
 9.Gonzalez
 10.Kuerten

TOMMY HAAS