Author Topic: Murray and Djokovic Killed Tennis  (Read 6164 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Murray and Djokovic Killed Tennis
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
I actually watched the full match for the first time in a couple years. The main reason was time. It was only 3 hours long instead of 5 or 6 like normal Murray/Djokovic confrontations.

(Exaggeration Alert - there is a small exaggeration in this post.)

lol

I missed the entire match because I assumed I could sleep in and by the time I woke there would still be 2 hours to go. When I woke, Murray was holding the trophy :winner:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Did you enjoy the style and quality of tennis?
It was a real turnoff for me.
What did interest me was whether or not history would be made by Murray taking the crown.

I did enjoy some of the play. I think both players are head and shoulders above the pack (apart from Nadal, Federer has been on the decline for a year or two, but he still can muster some quality play as well).
They both play very high quality, high percentage tennis. They are very disciplined ground stroking machines. They are fair at the net, but not great.  They are incredibly fit, and serious about being the best they can be. I respect that.
But no overall, it was pretty boring, as is most of tennis these days. I still downloaded the match for my collection.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
Did you enjoy the style and quality of tennis?
It was a real turnoff for me.
What did interest me was whether or not history would be made by Murray taking the crown.

I did enjoy some of the play. I think both players are head and shoulders above the pack (apart from Nadal, Federer has been on the decline for a year or two, but he still can muster some quality play as well).
They both play very high quality, high percentage tennis. They are very disciplined ground stroking machines. They are fair at the net, but not great.  They are incredibly fit, and serious about being the best they can be. I respect that.
But no overall, it was pretty boring, as is most of tennis these days. I still downloaded the match for my collection.
Agreed.
Nole appeared to be off his game.
Murray wasn't great, but good enough.
There were some amazing shots and points, but it just didn't work for me aside from the fact that Andy was gunning for tennis history.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2013, 11:23:50 PM »
Funny how I didn't get personal and Babblelot starts throwing pathetic childish jibes around.

With internet forums you have to be flexible, so don't worry about such things as they aren't important.  :)

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2013, 05:42:26 AM »
sid, swishshy reported that all the tennis boards are blowing up over Janowicz.

Federer carried T4U for about 5 years. This place was infested with Fed fans. Probably over 30 at its peak. Then Fed lost a match in 2010 and they all went away.

There have never been more than a handful of Rafa fans here. Alex is the only Nole fan. You and Emma are the only Murray fans.

Let's see what happens if people start coming out of the word work for Janowicz, because Nole and Murray can't generate interest.

See what I did there?!  ;-()
Yes.
CONK da ball!!!

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 05:45:08 AM »
Funny how I didn't get personal and Babblelot starts throwing pathetic childish jibes around.
Yes.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:26 AM »
because Nole and Murray can't generate interest.

See what I did there?

Babs the interest generated in the UK is now massive,that in it's self is enough if you live in the UK.Janowicz looks to have a great game for such a big man,can he be better than Potty?(maybe)can Janowicz body take the hard work that needs to be put in today?

I did not come back on the (see what i did there) & i don't go in for all that.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

See what I did there?

Babs the interest generated in the UK is now massive,that in it's self is enough if you live in the UK.Janowicz looks to have a great game for such a big man,can he be better than Potty?(maybe)can Janowicz body take the hard work that needs to be put in today?

Maybe that will motivate some younger players to take up the game and strenthen overll interest in the sport, at least in the U.K.  Prospects here in the U.S. seem rather bleak at the moment.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2013, 02:45:54 PM »

See what I did there?

Maybe that will motivate some younger players to take up the game and strenthen overll interest in the sport, at least in the U.K.  Prospects here in the U.S. seem rather bleak at the moment.

@ some point that will change in the USA Monster,younger players will take up the challenge,with all the money the can be made in today's game.

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »

See what I did there?

@ some point that will change in the USA Monster,younger players will take up the challenge,with all the money the can be made in today's game.

Will here in Asia, most people watch tennis only for Federer and Nadal. It just like people watch golf for Tiger Wood.
I really think it is cultural differences between West and East. At least in Taiwan or China, people don't have habit for doing or watching sport on TV because of our life style. People are stick in office or factory for hours everyday. Another key factor is that tennis really is not popular sport in both countries. In result, most people who have interest in tennis about men tennis only know big names, Federer and Nadal at this stage. At the moment, Djokovic/Murray match up really generate much less interest than Federer/Nadal match up here.

I guess tennis world need someone like Li Na in men tennis world if they want to expand to East Asia at this stage. Whoever succeed in big sports will draw a lot of attention from his/her compatriots.

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

See what I did there?

As I've mentioned before, I think American players just aren't hungry enough and the system in place is geared toward instant gratification instead of long term player development.  There are so many other opportunities for top athletes to succeed at more popular, lucrative, and easier sports than tennis.  It's a no-brainer.  I figure it will take another father like Mr. Williams or Mr. Agassi to usher in the next American phenom.
CONK da ball!!!

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »
"You can't hit winners past Nadal because his defense is too good."

STFU

Isner did just that for 2 hours. It's the difference between going for your shots consistently because you are instictively offensive or sitting back and working your way into a point hoping your opponent blinks first.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »
Gymnast and Annie are one-dimensional hacks compared to Rafaelito and Roger  :bye1:

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
"You can't hit winners past Nadal because his defense is too good."

STFU

Isner did just that for 2 hours. It's the difference between going for your shots consistently because you are instictively offensive or sitting back and working your way into a point hoping your opponent blinks first.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
What current ATPer has both the ability and the balls to do both for an entire match?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
Gymnast and Annie are one-dimensional hacks compared to Rafaelito and Roger  :bye1:
:rofl_2: Piggy knows how to push and moon-ball  ... I'll give you that  :::O

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2013, 11:46:07 PM »

Awful lot of topspin for a moonball. I've seen what a moonball looks like - Agassi vs Kucera 1998 US Open the prime example, when Agassi hit moonballs to change the pace of the match when Kucera was thrashing him - and Nadal is the last player anyone can accuse of moonballing. Murray is the closest to a moonballer of all the top 4, as he sometimes hits shots with absolutely no penetration, no pace and no topspin. However not even he is a mooballer, as his soft shots are not high enough. A moonball is so HIGH that it makes the crowd laugh (as they did at Agassi).
“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2013, 12:29:36 AM »
I'm just goofing with Tio who is a new member here and seems to be a bit obsessed with Rafito  ;-(). Rafa is actually playing more aggressively since he came back. that's one of the key to his latest success.

Offline NADAL2005RG

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2013, 05:16:03 AM »
^ That's ok. I really just wanted to bring up the Agassi/Kucera match. I wish that match was on youtube. One of the coolest matches I've ever seen  ://

Interesting thing about Murray....he has played Raonic 3 times, and Raonic won 2 of them. Murray beat him at the US Open, while Raonic won at Barcelona and Tokyo.

Federer leads Raonic 4-0, but Raonic has won 3 sets. They played a final set tie-breaker at Halle, and also at Madrid.

Very different to when Raonic plays Nadal (Nadal leads 4-0 and hasn't dropped a set).

Djokovic and Raonic haven't met yet.

“It is not too far way,” Toni Nadal told The Australian after Nadal collected the 13th major of his career by mowing down Novak Djokovic in an electrifying final of the US Open. “It is getting very, very close for Rafa to be level with Roger or more.”

Offline tio_toni

• Tennis Player
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

"He look like a clown, no?"  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »

Alex is this piggyvic

Fat Pig Walking