Author Topic: andy murray says he wants to win slams  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
Re: andy murray says he wants to win slams
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »
The main idea of this thread is actually very simple. Murray will be more happy if he goes on to win 8 Slams in total without being ranked No. 1 ever. He'll be less happy if he's gets the No. 1 ranking for 3 years in a row with a Slam total of 4. He basically wants to win more Slams as that's his priority. No. 1 rank is his second priority or perhaps not a priority at all.

There was a great debate on CNN back in the late 90s. Would Sampras trade two of his Wimbledon in order to have 1 RG? The resounding answer from Sampras was ... No. He didn't care for RG therefore, it was never his priority. On the other hand, he always wanted as many Wimbledon as possible as it was his favourite. Players are not fans. They are players therefore, they don't think like fans. So let's not impose our wantings/likings onto others because it doesn't work that way.

And I actually don't know if No. 1 ranking is harder than getting a Slam. Definitely not true in Wozi's case. Or Rios for that matter.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:50:46 AM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
I would take a slam anyday over #1 and so would anyone else I assume.

In some cases you pointed out it was easier to get #1 than a slam, that's why I mentioned "today" as a qualifier.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
Players do thirive for Slams - there's no question about it. No. 1 ranking is without a doubt a 2nd priority. I mean both Wozy and Rios got plenty slack for getting the No. 1 (even briefly in Rios' case) without  winning a Slam first. Slams are the ulitimate goal for anyone. Ask Murray if he'd take No. 1 over either Wimbledon or US Open or even the Olympics. It's a no. Wozy would happily trade her No. 1 in exchange for a Slam.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2013, 12:00:23 PM »
of course number 1 ranking is 'harder' than getting a slam. #1 ranking shows your consistency during the year, plus you must win big tournaments plus slams. Please don't throw Rios and Wozniacki here. It's a complete nonsense. Woz is a woman and Rios was an anomaly, he was ranked #1 for a week.

I'm not sure how you manage to twist things do they appear to fit your own agenda. Now, you know what's in Murray' head. like please.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:02:12 PM by Alex »

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
of course number 1 ranking is 'harder' than getting a slam. #1 ranking shows your consistency during the year, plus you must win big tournaments plus slams. Please don't throw Rios and Wozniacki here. It's a complete nonsense. Woz is a woman and Rios was an anomaly, he was ranked #1 for a week.

I'm not sure how you manage to twist things do they appear to fit your own agenda. Now, you know what's in Murray' head. like please.

Rios was No. 1 for a whole month - 4 weeks as in.

Alex, do me a favour - either stop mentioning my name everywhere or stop quoting me. I have no intenion of being here on this forum on a regular basis anyway, but when I do come, I only want to discuss tennis in the most genuine sense or just want to have fun in the most positive way. If you are unable to do either, then I will just have to put you on the ignore tab again. I have no intention putting up with your mulitple personalities day in day out.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »
don't be silly. I challenged your opinion and you behave like a spoiled brat. If you don't like it, fine with me. I really don't understand why you always have this need to be right.

it's a free forum. we can agree to disagree. your previous post about #1 simply doesn't make any sense.

As for Rios being #1 for a week or 4 weeks ... I used a metaphor. It is completely irrelevant.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Why not Alex(Please don't throw Rios and Wozniacki here)Emma makes a good point mate.Don't be bitter,Slams are the Goal of any top ranked tennis player,i think what Emma says is a fair point.I'd love to see Andy get the no1,but before them Slams that are the main Goal.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »

Why not Alex(Please don't throw Rios and Wozniacki here)Emma makes a good point mate.Don't be bitter,Slams are the Goal of any top ranked tennis player,i think what Emma says is a fair point.I'd love to see Andy get the no1,but before them Slams that are the main Goal.
Sid, pay attention. I didn't throw Woz and Rios, Emma did. As I said already they are both completely irrelevant. For someone like Murray reaching #1 at some point in his career is a must.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »

Don't worry about a loser like Alex. He's completely out of my sight.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »

Don't worry about a loser like Alex. He's completely out of my sight.

wow, classy Emma is finally showing her true colours ... why Am I not surprised? opinionated. knows sh!t about tennis. wants everyone to love her and agree with her. dreaming about some ugly Scott being her bf ...  :rofl_2: ... Get a decent East Indian bf, they are better looking than McTooth. plus if I remember correctly you are old enough to be his mother. shame on you  :)~

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »

Sid, pay attention. I didn't throw Woz and Rios, Emma did. As I said already they are both completely irrelevant. For someone like Murray reaching #1 at some point in his career is a must.

Oh Alex i am paying attention,don't talk down as i will have none of this thank you.The question was Why not Alex that's all.Love the new pic of Roger by the way.What face will you come back to me on this one :)~ sorry i could not help myself :rofl_2:

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »
Alex, you don't know my age and you have no idea what I look like as you've never seen me. We've never been close in that way. We've had a few friendly PMs but that I've had with a lot of posters on here, so stop giving people the impression as if you know me more than they know me. You know me just as much as Luggy knows about me simply put.

Also, a person who goes on the internet to insult people they don't know at all tells me that in real life they are complete cowards - doesn't matter if that person is 16 or 60.

Eventually you will get off this hatred train you are on mostly because you are unable to take this recent straight set loss of Nole to Murray, but it will be interesting to see what kind of story you will cook up to 'redeem' yourself. Your cancer story was quite good as most here bought it, so I take it next time you will tell us that you are on your death bed.  Either way, you are not going to get any sympathy from me.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »
once again desrire must be accompanied by ability.

a guy that is barely winning 5 matches a year on the futures circuit and cant travel from one tournament to the next without friends and relatives helping out is not thinking about winning a slam.

he is thinking about how to get to the next tournament. he is thinking about how the hell he is going to pay his bills if he doesn't win a few matches.

he is aware of his limitations. he is not going to tell you that he wants to win RG. he is not that stupid.

he is most likely thinking about his next career.

vast majority of the touring pros cant even make the main draw at slams. they are not out to win slams for they know their limitations.

they are barely making a living playing tennis. in fact they are not even making a living if it was not for the friends and the relatives.

once again desire is nothing without the ability.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:37:01 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
Alex, you don't know my age and you have no idea what I look like as you've never seen me. We've never been close in that way. We've had a few friendly PMs but that I've had with a lot of posters on here, so stop giving people the impression as if you know me more than they know me. You know me just as much as Luggy knows about me simply put.

Also, a person who goes on the internet to insult people they don't know at all tells me that in real life they are complete cowards - doesn't matter if that person is 16 or 60.

Eventually you will get off this hatred train you are on mostly because you are unable to take this recent straight set loss of Nole to Murray, but it will be interesting to see what kind of story you will cook up to 'redeem' yourself. Your cancer story was quite good as most here bought it, so I take it next time you will tell us that you are on your death bed.  Either way, you are not going to get any sympathy from me.

that cancer story was nothing but a pathetic attempt to get attention.

why do you feel the need to engage with legless, toothless, trolls that have gone out of their way to make sure they have zero credibility.

he posts at mtf. so he is mtf trained.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2013, 06:00:07 PM »
herc, my mistakes was I took him off of the ignore list recently but the bigger mistakes was that I even spoke to him. He had insulted me in every way possible just this February when I sort of came back, but you can see he's gone back to usual self again.

The best thing about real life is, you can choose your friends or people carefully you feel you will be able to hang out with and with ease. You can cut off all the people who resort to insults at every opportunity they get and also those who tend to be very negative and suffer from low self-esteem almost all their life. On the internet however, this option is not available as anyone and everyone can quote you and insult you totally out of the blue. This is the reason why I am becoming less and less a fan of forums, because it feels some are always unhappy about something and/or always complaining and they are always taking it out on others.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »

lol, you are truly pathetic. I actually do know what I know. I use my logic to think. I know enough about you and your BS.

'straight loss to Murray,  :)), are you really that stupid? I don't give a s**t.  what ignorance list? that list exists only in your head. turn down your ego thingy 'babe'. nobody cares.

'death bed', classy again. wow, 'ignorance is a bless'. maybe you'll get laid soon and that will make you feel better, ugly old miserable f.uck.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:54:01 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »
Come on Alex, be nice a little.

Fed fans have to be a little above the rest of the crowd.  :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
Alex what's the issue, why this sudden drop of mood?  :Confused:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »

its a little too late for that.

I keep reminding you guys that this is not MTF.

mindless blind hate and reckless envy is something that works best only at mtf.

strive to keep this place clean and respectful. go tear into nadal and murray or anybody else that you feel the need to at mtf. there will be a market for it there.

do you see anybody tearing into roger here? there are a lot of nole fans here as well. do you see them trying to trash roger?

this forum is about respect for the individual and his/her players.

make sure you keep it that way.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »

OK, I'll try to behave  :)). It's not easy to support God.

Emma, darhling, maybe sometimes, somewhere, someone will love ya ... God help him/her  :zipped: ... you talking about my health , sending me stupid PMs, get over yourself ... how can anybody get so low is beyond me.

Herc, you also better shut up bud. Go have a drink with Emma and pay attention what Babs has to say.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:26:37 PM by Alex »