Author Topic: andy murray says he wants to win slams  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: andy murray says he wants to win slams
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:33 PM »
Come on Alex, be nice a little.

Fed fans have to be a little above the rest of the crowd.  :rofl_2:

its a little too late for that.

I keep reminding you guys that this is not MTF.

mindless blind hate and reckless envy is something that works best only at mtf.

strive to keep this place clean and respectful. go tear into nadal and murray or anybody else that you feel the need to at mtf. there will be a market for it there.

do you see anybody tearing into roger here? there are a lot of nole fans here as well. do you see them trying to trash roger?

this forum is about respect for the individual and his/her players.

make sure you keep it that way.

Tearing into Roger here:

Quote from Huntingyou:

When I see a guy like Roger complain about how all the courts play the same, I see a bitter prick who after winning 17 slams on the very same courts that he is now criticizing; can't stand other players having similar success to his own

Now shut up and never lecture me.  Beat it.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
Swish, here is the thing. hunting is trying too hard to be smart etc. I don't understand why all the effort trying to make us believe that a little Spanish doper is somehow better than Fed. He is not, he'll never will be.

It amuses me how some Rafa tards try so hard to paint this picture. How delusional do you have to be? They talk about h2h sh!t, forgetting to acknowledge that Nadal wasn't able to make it on HC when Fed was in his prime ... meaning Rafa couldn't get to Fed ....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:41:36 PM by Alex »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »
Swish, here is the thing. hunting is trying too hard to be smart etc. I don't understand why all the effort trying to make us believe that a little Spanish doper is somehow better than Fed. He is not, he'll never will be.

It amuses me how some Rafa tards try so hard to paint this picture. How delusional do you have to be? They talk about h2h sh!t, forgetting to acknowledge that Nadal wasn't able to make it on HC when Fed was in his prime ... meaning Rafa couldn't get to Fed ....

Fed made most of his history on Nadal's watch. Nadal had no chance to stop him.

Just look at the records, there is no debate.

Blaming it on using the wrong arm? Jesus, where do these people come from?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
andy murray says he wants to win slams
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
once again desrire must be accompanied by ability.

a guy that is barely winning 5 matches a year on the futures circuit and cant travel from one tournament to the next without friends and relatives helping out is not thinking about winning a slam.

he is thinking about how to get to the next tournament. he is thinking about how the hell he is going to pay his bills if he doesn't win a few matches.

he is aware of his limitations. he is not going to tell you that he wants to win RG. he is not that stupid.

he is most likely thinking about his next career.

vast majority of the touring pros cant even make the main draw at slams. they are not out to win slams for they know their limitations.

they are barely making a living playing tennis. in fact they are not even making a living if it was not for the friends and the relatives.

once again desire is nothing without the ability.

There is a difference. I though the quote was something like "Murray says he WANTS" to win more slams...or something like that. And I said EVERY player WANTS to win slams.   Yes the journeyman is out there thinking about his next match for his next meal, but if they are interviewed and the question was "Do you WANT to win a slam?". No one, not even a 5 year old beginner will say "No"! Everyone WANTS to win a slam. Everyone isn't capable, but that still doesn't mean they don't want to win one. So that was nothing "special" or "unique" that Murray said! You get my point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Litotes

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »
And I actually don't know if No. 1 ranking is harder than getting a Slam. Definitely not true in Wozi's case. Or Rios for that matter.

Well, Rios is in fact the only male to reach #1 without winning a slam. Whereas the list of people to win slams without reaching #1 is quite long, even when we start at the time computer rankings were introduced. We have:
- Arthur Ashe
- Manuel Orantes
- Mark Edmondson
- Adriano Panatta
- Roscoe Tanner
- Vitas Gerulaitis
- Guillermo Vilas
- Brian Teacher
- Johan Kriek
- Yannick Noah
- Pat Cash
- Michael Chang
- Andres Gomes
- Michael Stich
- Sergi Bruguera
- Richard Krajicek
- Petr Korda
- Goran Ivanisevic
- Thomas Johansson
- Albert Costa
- Gaston Gaudio
- Juan Martin del Potro
- Andy Murray

Of course, the last two might yet become #1, but even without them this list is longer than the one containing only Rios.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
Gotta respect a list with my guy! Gaston Gaudio on it!!!  :cool:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
And I actually don't know if No. 1 ranking is harder than getting a Slam. Definitely not true in Wozi's case. Or Rios for that matter.

Well, Rios is in fact the only male to reach #1 without winning a slam. Whereas the list of people to win slams without reaching #1 is quite long, even when we start at the time computer rankings were introduced. We have:
- Arthur Ashe
- Manuel Orantes
- Mark Edmondson
- Adriano Panatta
- Roscoe Tanner
- Vitas Gerulaitis
- Guillermo Vilas
- Brian Teacher
- Johan Kriek
- Yannick Noah
- Pat Cash
- Michael Chang
- Andres Gomes
- Michael Stich
- Sergi Bruguera
- Richard Krajicek
- Petr Korda
- Goran Ivanisevic
- Thomas Johansson
- Albert Costa
- Gaston Gaudio
- Juan Martin del Potro
- Andy Murray

Of course, the last two might yet become #1, but even without them this list is longer than the one containing only Rios.

Actually I know most of these players anyway as quite a few of them are from the 90s. And I do know of Ash, Vilas, Noah and Cash. And of course the last two are from this generation.

Judging by the list, it's definitely harder to get the No. 1 ranking as this means playing not only high level of consistent tennis but also, winning Majors year in year out. But it's not true in all cases however.

Players I am sure thrive for getting a Slam first than anything else. Not only perhaps it's easier but also, it's easy to remember by. No one is going to remember Wozniacki or Rios for that matter - only hard core fans. Even 1 Slam wonders are pretty forgettable. Again, only hard core fans will remember them by heart.

This also puts Sampras' 6 years straight at No. 1 even more perspective - an achievement even Federer couldn't touch.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:36:10 PM by Emma »
You are everything I am not.

Offline ProdigyEng

• Tennis Player
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 01:36:43 PM »
Alex clowning LOL.

ANDY MURRAY, WIMBLEDON 2013 CHAMPION.

DRINK IT IN HATERS!!!!!!

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
Del Potro, I am not sure but Murray definitely has the best chance to topple Nole especially next year. And I strongly feel he will clinch it at some point whether he works hard for it or not.

Offline ProdigyEng

• Tennis Player
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
Emma hope you enjoyed Muzza's landmark victory.

Offline Emma

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Yes, I did. Watched it 3 times on the same day as they showed it live first (ESPN or our TSN), and the NBC had it in the afternoon and later, that night, ESPN2 covered it again. It was a hoot! Haven't celebrated yet though.

Online Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2013, 08:05:37 PM »
Yes, I did. Watched it 3 times on the same day as they showed it live first (ESPN or our TSN), and the NBC had it in the afternoon and later, that night, ESPN2 covered it again. It was a hoot! Haven't celebrated yet though.
was that with or without your vibrator?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »

strive to keep this place clean and respectful. go tear into nadal and murray or anybody else that you feel the need to at mtf. there will be a market for it there.

do you see anybody tearing into roger here? there are a lot of nole fans here as well. do you see them trying to trash roger?

Tearing into Roger here:

Quote from Huntingyou:

When I see a guy like Roger complain about how all the courts play the same, I see a bitter prick who after winning 17 slams on the very same courts that he is now criticizing; can't stand other players having similar success to his own

well he was just making a remark but is there any doubt that you are all ate up with bitter and blind hate for nadal.

what do his remarks have to do with you and alex the racist pig tearing into nadal?

what purpose does that serve here? do you want to explain that? did you two think this was mtf?

mindless blind hate shows a weak cause. it also shows that a person behind all that reckless blind hate is really just a fool.

you could try to improve your stock. it just took quite a hit.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:26:53 PM by Clay Death »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2013, 12:22:27 AM »

Tearing into Roger here:

Quote from Huntingyou:

well he was just making a remark but is there any doubt that you are all ate up with bitter and blind hate for nadal.

what do his remarks have to do with you and alex the racist pig tearing into nadal?

what purpose does that serve here? do you want to explain that? did you two think this was mtf?

mindless blind hate shows a weak cause. it also shows that a person behind all that reckless blind hate is really just a fool.

Nadal this, Nadal that. They hate Nadal. He plays with the wrong damn arm.

Just beat it and stop bothering people with all this repetition for god's sake.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 05:35:24 AM »
was that with or without your vibrator?

Alex your a net troll & can't take Murray beating Nole.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:36:49 AM by sid »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »

Tearing into Roger here:

Quote from Huntingyou:

Nadal this, Nadal that. They hate Nadal. He plays with the wrong damn arm.

Just beat it and stop bothering people with all this repetition for god's sake.
:)) :))
CONK da ball!!!