Author Topic: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
After recent events it appears those most honourable has flocked to the high hills and are alleged to never return again. This is a disgrace to the forum and is letting down all the hard work you have put in over the years.

Brush off those cobwebs and stand up for yourselves.

More importantly, bring back the Castle.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
After recent events it appears those most honourable has flocked to the high hills and are alleged to never return again. This is a disgrace to the forum and is letting down all the hard work you have put in over the years.

Brush off those cobwebs and stand up for yourselves.

More importantly, bring back the Castle.

It's over, give it up. It's done, finito. Finished, oVer.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lucyfur

• Tennis Player
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
Whats going on?  :confused1: :confused1:

Offline Draygo Quick

• New Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:14:42 PM »
I am here to save this forum. I will be the posting GOAT and will drive out all the unsavory characters with clever ripostes and subtle wit.

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:17:01 PM »
I am here to save this forum. I will be the posting GOAT and will drive out all the unsavory characters with clever ripostes and subtle wit.

Me and Prodigy will join you, I will convince Clay to join this cult. We can bring light to the dark, solitude areas. Tennis4You, prepare yourselves.

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:55:22 PM »

Me and Prodigy will join you, I will convince Clay to join this cult. We can bring light to the dark, solitude areas. Tennis4You, prepare yourselves.

I like you Connor, you are so funny  :))

by the way, congratulations to yoru Murray winning the wimby, i am very happy for him since he suffered so much last year  :king:

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »

Cults are so kewl.
Count me in.
 :)) :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »
Count me in!  Not sure what happening, but count me in!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 06:32:08 AM »
I'm surprised this party was broken down so quickly. CD may have reacted too sentimental and gave in far too easy. I for one, do not think one user could tear down an united group, no matter how much he/she attacks the members of the group. He was also a bit impatient, but it's understandable as he was angry.

I don't know what T4U was fighting for, this was a peaceful community which was not fighting for anything. Just a new life for people uninterested in conflict. The people interested in conflict must be spotted and dealt with harshly and early in the future.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:32:57 AM »
And oh yeah, in terms of the castle, it appears that CD took it upon himself to delete thousands ans thousand of posts from the forum because I did not a request in the time frame he wanted, regardless of how busy I was.  Never seen that happen before. 
Scott Baker

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 06:34:21 AM »
I'm surprised this party was broken down so quickly. CD may have reacted too sentimental and gave in far too easy. I for one, do not think one user could tear down an united group, no matter how much he/she attacks the members of the group. He was also a bit impatient, but it's understandable as he was angry.

I don't know what T4U was fighting for, this was a peaceful community which was not fighting for anything. Just a new life for people uninterested in conflict. The people interested in conflict must be spotted and dealt with harshly and early in the future.

The problem is I work way too much, and we are moving, so my life is beyond hectic.  I missed the Alex thing for 24 hours and the end result was CD telling me he is leaving and then deleting an insane amount of posts.  How do I react to that?  Like I don't have enough stress in my life running a business.  WTF just happened?
Scott Baker

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 06:38:27 AM »
Don't worry, Scott. I for one understand you. I have tons of problems in my life as well, John too. He wasn't here for the bulk of the trouble either. I noticed something was wrong only when CD replied to me that I was a coward encouraging racism after I replied nicely to Alex (unaware of what he had done). CD was much too angry and impatient by that point and may have thought all were against him.

He is in the TF castle now. We could convince him to return and have more patience in the future. Also, I think we could second a Dallas-type position for a different timezone (or two) so that there is backup in case of such emergencies. But I don't know, you would know better, you run the forum. :)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:49 AM »
Don't worry, Scott. I for one understand you. I have tons of problems in my life as well, John too. He wasn't here for the bulk of the trouble either. I noticed something was wrong only when CD replied to me that I was a coward encouraging racism after I replied nicely to Alex (unaware of what he had done). CD was much too angry and impatient by that point and may have thought all were against him.

He is in the TF castle now. We could convince him to return and have more patience in the future. Also, I think we could second a Dallas-type position for a different timezone (or two) so that there is backup in case of such emergencies. But I don't know, you would know better, you run the forum. :)

I gave CD some of that power to help me keep the forum running clean.  He must have deleted about 40,000 posts yesterday which is insane.  Sadly I have had to remove him from the moderator team.

This is a clean forum, that's the goal.  I don't want a circus here.  Life has me busy enough though I cannot babysit to make sure all runs smooth.  I wish I had that kind of free time, it would be awesome.

CD won't be back, he *tried* to crush my soul in a PM apparently after he deleted all the posts.  Sounds like he let him emotions get the better of him and that's too bad.

So for anyone here in this part of the forum, shall we just merge this with the tennis discussions forum?  Move a few of the other discussions like the music thread to the non-tennis discussions forum?
Scott Baker

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:20 AM »
Sad to see he reacted so rash really. :(

He was saying you could recover the deleted posts if you wanted, that he didn't really delete them.

IMO, you can do as you please with this entire section. Move chat threads to non-tennis, but please remember to move rankings forum to tennis. I really don't know how it got placed in chat to begin with. :rofl_2:

I don't know, let's see what users think. Sad to see CD gave up so easily. It only took one immense troll. :(

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 07:00:09 AM »
I appreciate your efforts Scott, Alex got to Clay too easy, which is a shame. I tried to sway him to helping me save the forum because he was the one with Moderator above his avatar. He just left :( Can we bring Castle back anyway? Like no founding members, just start afresh and continue as usual.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:55 AM »
I do not believe posts can be brought back when deleted.  They are gone.
Scott Baker

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »

He was saying you could recover the deleted posts if you wanted, that he didn't really delete them.

IMO, you can do as you please with this entire section. Move chat threads to non-tennis, but please remember to move rankings forum to tennis. I really don't know how it got placed in chat to begin with. :rofl_2:

I don't know, let's see what users think. Sad to see CD gave up so easily. It only took one immense troll. :(

sorry to know that cd called you a coward, he is just too implusive and impatience, i hope you can forgive him as sometimes he behaves like a kid ://

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:12 AM »

sorry to know that cd called you a coward, he is just too implusive and impatience, i hope you can forgive him as sometimes he behaves like a kid ://

No need to forgive, all is good on my front.  I wish he would not have deleted posts as that affects so many more people than just himself.  He is still welcome here (I doubt he will be back) but not as a moderator.  I could not trust him with the power to delete posts again.

I bet if I was at TF right now he is trying his best to slaughter T4U.
Scott Baker

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
I do not believe posts can be brought back when deleted.  They are gone.

sorry Scott, i already told cd to wait more patiently, not everyone is as free as him, we all have a job, but he just did not listen, i told him that a warrioer would not give up so easily, but however  ..-)

i don't think he should delete all the castle posts threads, coz its not his own contribution but a lot of lother posters ..-) and they contained a lot of good memories but he removed them all, i am angry too ..-)

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 07:30:55 AM »

No need to forgive, all is good on my front.  I wish he would not have deleted posts as that affects so many more people than just himself.  He is still welcome here (I doubt he will be back) but not as a moderator.  I could not trust him with the power to delete posts again.

I bet if I was at TF right now he is trying his best to slaughter T4U.

Scott, you are very kind and forgiving.  I am not on cd's side this time even though i have known him for more than 5 years since we first met in mtf.  Alex is not behaving right but he could handle this more gracefully .......