Author Topic: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 07:40:57 AM »
Sad to see he reacted so rash really. :(

He was saying you could recover the deleted posts if you wanted, that he didn't really delete them.

IMO, you can do as you please with this entire section. Move chat threads to non-tennis, but please remember to move rankings forum to tennis. I really don't know how it got placed in chat to begin with. :rofl_2:

I don't know, let's see what users think. Sad to see CD gave up so easily. It only took one immense troll. :(

sorry to know that cd called you a coward, he is just too implusive and impatience, i hope you can forgive him as sometimes he behaves like a kid ://

No need to forgive, all is good on my front.  I wish he would not have deleted posts as that affects so many more people than just himself.  He is still welcome here (I doubt he will be back) but not as a moderator.  I could not trust him with the power to delete posts again.

I bet if I was at TF right now he is trying his best to slaughter T4U.

Scott, you are very kind and forgiving.  I am not on cd's side this time even though i have known him for more than 5 years since we first met in mtf.  Alex is not behaving right but he could handle this more gracefully .......

It's a shame, but it is what it is.  I love this forum, I wish I had more time to hang out here.  I need to hire more people so work does not soak up every bit of time.  For 5 days straight my 5 year old daughter asked me to play legos with her after work.  Sadly for me work extends until I go to bed.  Finally last night, after 5 nights of her asking I got to sit down and play legos with her.  Clearly I should have checked the forum instead.   :)~
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline mimi

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
Scott, i completely understand yoru situation, and how busy you would be with a family with kids and job

you have done your best, i appreciate that  :king:

now i have to leave and watch some tennis on tv, its dimi vs verdasco, see you and thanks for your work and help, i hope cd will come around soon ://

BBM: The greatest romantic film of all times

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »
Believe me, family always takes priority. It's how life must be. I think Connor was suggesting allowing us to start Castle again. A new volume, fresh...

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 07:55:27 AM »
Sad to see he reacted so rash really. :(

He was saying you could recover the deleted posts if you wanted, that he didn't really delete them.

IMO, you can do as you please with this entire section. Move chat threads to non-tennis, but please remember to move rankings forum to tennis. I really don't know how it got placed in chat to begin with. :rofl_2:

I don't know, let's see what users think. Sad to see CD gave up so easily. It only took one immense troll. :(

sorry to know that cd called you a coward, he is just too implusive and impatience, i hope you can forgive him as sometimes he behaves like a kid ://

No need to forgive, all is good on my front.  I wish he would not have deleted posts as that affects so many more people than just himself.  He is still welcome here (I doubt he will be back) but not as a moderator.  I could not trust him with the power to delete posts again.

I bet if I was at TF right now he is trying his best to slaughter T4U.

Scott, you are very kind and forgiving.  I am not on cd's side this time even though i have known him for more than 5 years since we first met in mtf.  Alex is not behaving right but he could handle this more gracefully .......

It's a shame, but it is what it is.  I love this forum, I wish I had more time to hang out here.  I need to hire more people so work does not soak up every bit of time.  For 5 days straight my 5 year old daughter asked me to play legos with her after work.  Sadly for me work extends until I go to bed.  Finally last night, after 5 nights of her asking I got to sit down and play legos with her.  Clearly I should have checked the forum instead.   :)~

If you ever need assistance, just drop me a PM :).

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »
If we started the Castle afresh, but brought back a fully working tennis section (which I will be more than happy to help with) I think we are pretty much back in business. A few adverts on other forums here and there. You know.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
You guys are more than welcome to start some sort of castle.  Would you call it castle?  Something new?
Scott Baker

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »
Lets get the party started then.  :cool:

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
You guys are more than welcome to start some sort of castle.  Would you call it castle?  Something new?

The Crash Out thread, general talk etc.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 08:29:50 AM »
Hey Scott, I've tried to explain Herc everything you said here.

Also I said that things like that come out of the blue on a peaceful forum such as this. Due to that, admins actions are not in a constant need of checking every single post or report, because every since I joined all the way back in 2008 there have been only a few issues such as this.
We all know how great you've been in running this nice, clean and family feel forum.

Alex did really cross the line few times, he couldn't help it but attack people either in on-topic or off-topic thread.
I'm really sorry about this because  we all go way back, and I'm not used to this Alex.

Herc is just way too emotional to things such as this. He's more into forum rules than anybody else I think.
Seems like he couldn't be patient enough for you to look at this situation and sort it out.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 08:44:07 AM »
Hey Scott, I've tried to explain Herc everything you said here.

Also I said that things like that come out of the blue on a peaceful forum such as this. Due to that, admins actions are not in a constant need of checking every single post or report, because every since I joined all the way back in 2008 there have been only a few issues such as this.
We all know how great you've been in running this nice, clean and family feel forum.

Alex did really cross the line few times, he couldn't help it but attack people either in on-topic or off-topic thread.
I'm really sorry about this because  we all go way back, and I'm not used to this Alex.

Herc is just way too emotional to things such as this. He's more into forum rules than anybody else I think.
Seems like he couldn't be patient enough for you to look at this situation and sort it out.

Thanks Lug, appreciate the kind words!  And you are right, we have so very few issues that I don't worry about this place, and maybe too much on my end.  I am so busy that this is one area that I have neglected.  I am kept up to date with issues from Dallas, CD and others as they arise, and we deal with them.  I just missed the issue at hand for 24 hours, that's longer than normal for me, but it happens. 

For the record, I did take action with Alex.  Alex has been here forever, and I appreciate everything he has done for the forum.  Hoping it was just a bad spell and all is good now.

Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone.  All for the love of the game!
Scott Baker

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
I told CD  that I was in conversation with Scott and to be patient! Guess that didn't work. I was also in conversation with Alex to try to figure out what the heck was going on with him.

Like Scott said, hey -- we all have other "lives". I, too, have been extremely busy lately and may not have been as active here as I needed to be, but I also thought the forum was made up of ADULTS!  Lol!

I want to go on record now to tell everyone to just take a deep breath and not get too sensitive over whatever is posted on a forum. Studies have shown that people tend to post stuff they would never say in person to someone so if a quote is posted that offends you, let us know but don't give that person the power to drive you away from the forum.

And, if you have any other suggestions on how to improve the forum, I'm listening and I know Scott is too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Slasher1985

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »
All should be well really. This forum has all it needs to be different than MTF because trolls are attracted by people who are actually affected by what they say. If people show they are immune to that, they will ALWAYS go away. Let us be wise and learn from this in the future.

BTW Dallas, anyone figured out what went wrong with Alex? What caused the trolling spree?

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
No. I am back out of my short retirement. We will live another day  :)>>>> Start new

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »
No Slasher. I know he is going through some type of illness. Maybe he was taking it out on the forum, but that's just speculation. There was definitely a "difference" in his posting lately as if he was "mad at the world". Maybe the ban will give him time to work out whatever was wrong, and then he'll come back as the "normal" Alex that most of us have come to admire and respect.

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
No Slasher. I know he is going through some type of illness. Maybe he was taking it out on the forum, but that's just speculation. There was definitely a "difference" in his posting lately as if he was "mad at the world". Maybe the ban will give him time to work out whatever was wrong, and then he'll come back as the "normal" Alex that most of us have come to admire and respect.

Maybe it was a mental illness  :confused1:

How long is the ban?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
I think Scott said 3 days. But not sure. It's not long since this is his first time really causing trouble.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
A lot of people will be really mad if Alex goes unpunished, don't know what Emma thinks because she was the most affected here.

And yep Lady D, I thought we were all adults here, but it seems that sometimes inner child awakens  :)~
 I know that a lot of people will have hard time joining here if they see that racist remarks and whatnot goes unpunished.
Now I'm only talking about the numbers of this forum and its expansion, not what I personally care or want to see.
Sadly it seems like Alex has given up on many people including his friends, so now I'm really kinda indifferent to his posts because I only wait when will he strike again, friends or not friends.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »
If we started the Castle afresh, but brought back a fully working tennis section (which I will be more than happy to help with) I think we are pretty much back in business. A few adverts on other forums here and there. You know.

I think it better if we opened up a different type of Chat Thread. Not the castle, but something else, something new. You should stop by the TennisDiscussions section Connor. We could help make it more organized and all,. :)~

Offline Orange Wombat

• Tennis God
  • Welcome to T4U!
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »
Can I open up a new type of Chat Thread?  :))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:29:27 AM by Orange Wombat »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 09:29:36 AM »
I know Lug. He can't post until Scott lift the ban. And even though Emma and I don't see eye to eye on tennis subjects, I do apologize to her for that stupid comment Alex made, and I hope she stays here on the forum. We all need to learn how to disagree on subjects without attacking people on a personal level. And yes, Alex did cross that line with his comment to Emma.

So Emma, as a representative of this forum, I want to personally apologize to you for what Alex said and to encourage you to continue being a great member of our tennis community.