Author Topic: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?  (Read 4567 times)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: Has Tennis4You given up the fight?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
Seems like everyone likes "The Tennis Lounge". I can also guarantee that we will have no overboard posting of photoshop pics like in the castle threads. Enough of that crap.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 01:59:12 PM »
We still have to decide who moderates the chat section now. If it remains here, we must appoint a Mod.

Also, I suggest again that we appoint a second global Moderator. Dallas is doing a fine job but we should try to compensate for other timezones and the more people will come here, the more chance of such outbreaks exists. Sometimes, one man is simply not enough to handle problems because one man cannot be online 24/7. Scott and Dallas are 2, we need a 3rd, and preferably European. Propositions?

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »
We still have to decide who moderates the chat section now. If it remains here, we must appoint a Mod.

Also, I suggest again that we appoint a second global Moderator. Dallas is doing a fine job but we should try to compensate for other timezones and the more people will come here, the more chance of such outbreaks exists. Sometimes, one man is simply not enough to handle problems because one man cannot be online 24/7. Scott and Dallas are 2, we need a 3rd, and preferably European. Propositions?

I would happily put myself forward, but because I haven't been around much and haven't posted, I wouldn't be angry if you discounted me. :)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

I would happily put myself forward, but because I haven't been around much and haven't posted, I wouldn't be angry if you discounted me. :)

What is your mtf nickname?
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »

Forward for what position? Chat Mod or Global Mod?

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »

What is your mtf nickname?

Mine? MurrayWizard.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2013, 02:05:20 PM »
I would propose Lugburz for the position of Global Mod given his forum experience and location. Of course, I am not very "ancient" around here, so I don't know if my proposition stands in front of Scott. This decision should be solely on him because it involves a lot of trust.

There are a few others just as good for the position...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:11:33 PM by Slasher1985 »

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2013, 02:15:26 PM »
Thx for the proposition Slash, I could definitely carry it out but the thing is I'm not active as I once was. It would involve huge amount of time and my summer is already getting busier by the day.

The trust issue shouldn't be a problem at all, but don't think I qualify enough because of my activity. Chris was the best man for the job when he was active.
I'd be willing to help if everyone persist but if it takes too much time and responsibility , its gonna be hard...

Also considering that you already have mod status on one of the sections should be only reasonable to trust you with another and move your splendid LIVE RANKINGS in tennis discussions anyway  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline August

• Tennis Addict
    • August on Sports
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2013, 02:18:50 PM »
Great to see Tennis4you hasn't given up the fight.  :)>>>>

We will rise from this crisis even stronger!

The Tennis Lounge sounds great for me!

My blog: August on Sports | My twitter: @AugustOnSports

Offline Connor

• Tennis Player
  • A pure Murray fan.
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 02:19:54 PM »
To say ta-tar to ClayDeath, I will dispose of my signature.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
Lugburz for Global Moderator sounds good.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »

Yup good riddance to bad rubbish, I never liked him anyways. He always seemed to have a screw loose.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »

Now we're being a bit rash. CD didn't yet have the chance to respond to today's propositions we made to him. He may wish to come back, listening to reason.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
Now we're being a bit rash. CD didn't yet have the chance to respond to today's propositions we made to him. He may wish to come back, listening to reason.

I'm sick of his crap, he can go to hell along with all the other psychos of MTF. The way he kept spamming the thread with endless poor-taste photoshops was reason enough to ban him.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 02:24:49 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think he's coming back at any cost.

I think I've already tried everything I could to reason with him to come back...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think he's coming back at any cost.

I think I've already tried everything I could to reason with him to come back...

Fortunately he's not coming back. One less psychopath to deal with.

Offline Slasher1985

• Tennis God
  • Rankings Wizard
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
Alright FedFanForever, I think we get your point of view regarding him, there is no need to keep repeating it in any offensive way.

Not everyone agrees with everyone's ways, that's for sure. We need to find a way to reason, even with our differences and ways of making our arguments.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
I've been bottling it up inside and now I feel it all gushing out. My therapist says to let my emotions run wild.

Offline masterclass

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
I would like to think those threads are recoverable.  Usually databases and such thing as forums are backed up, if not everyday, at a minimum of once/week.   Scott, are you telling us that this forum's data is not backed up at all?  If something happened to the data, like a drive crash, that all would be lost?    If you have a good backup, it's possible that the data can be restored.

It maybe that there is a backup, but Scott is a super-busy parent and the last item on his priority list is restoring the 17 Castle threads. Let them remain in the graveyard and let's move on. Personally I think Clay Death acted like a petulant child when he didn't get his way in 15 seconds. I thin he is mentally unstable and good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don't think it is rocket science, but yes, one has to have a bit of time, knowledge, and motivation to do it. 
It's 40,000 posts on his site.  How do we know it's the last item on his priority list?

It seems like many here were/are looking for any excuse to dump the Castle and re-invent it in their own image. :)

Respectfully,
masterclass
Legends of Tennis

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »
Personally I found the Castle to be 99% a waste of time and bandwidth. Mostly Clay Death spamming his stupid photoshop images(99% of which were in poor taste and low talent).